It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter censors Trumps hilarious Everybody Hurts video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Someone said it was a copyright issue. ATS and Youtube have the same stance.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

Someone said it was a copyright issue. ATS and Youtube have the same stance.

Some gutless [snipped] will “REEEEEEEEEEE” loud enough soon and YouTube will remove it.

ATS however, will not. The “REEEEEEEEEE” is just laughed at on this site. As it should be.
edit on Sat Feb 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms And Conditions Of Use

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party.

And yet, it’s still here.

You Better complain. Maybe a mod will remove it.

Ha ha haaa
edit on 16 2 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Which has is why Fair Use doctrines exist:

Examples of fair use in United States copyright law include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, and scholarship.[4] Fair use provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor test.

edit on 16-2-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Twitter must have missed the 'fair use' clause. It was definitely parody of butthurt Democrats.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Rewey

Twitter must have missed the 'fair use' clause. It was definitely parody of butthurt Democrats.

It was not a parody of the song - which is why the parody clause does not apply.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That was most certainly infringement.

It's not even a political topic to be honest. The person who produced that is who caused it to be taken down.

Twitter deserves scorn, but not in this case.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I am assuming it has to do with copyright laws?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
With the way Twitter is behaving to alternative media and alternative voices i am glad i don't have an account yet on their. Twitter doesn't like alternative voices.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If our president can be sued by Eugine Gu (notorious fetal tissue transplant doctor) for being blocked on twitter, under the premise that presidential messages must be available to everyone.... A case which Gu won by the way... Granted, he used the ultra-biased NY southern district court system to enable it.

Why can't trump sue twitter for blocking his messages?

Edit: Props to Trump. We have a fighter on our side!
edit on 17-2-2019 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

So glad I found this post
So much LUL

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ah yes the lul by the prez continues...

Meanwhile, the world superpower, no healthcare for its citizens, crumbling education system, gap between the poor and rich increasingly painful (how many here have $10k in their savings),
The debt machine continues, no one can figure out immigration, China has us by the balls, even NK doesnt bat an eye for our military, drugs epidemic, homeless epidemic, kids committing suicide left and right, morale at an all time low, mass shootings a norm and a stat...

And the president is making metaphorical faces at other members of the government running the country.

For those who think there are 'winners' in this debacle, or playing childish 'he yelled at me first' games, reality will hit even harder and we're going to need a bottomless pit of narcotics to keep the American population blissfully high and 'forget'.

...and the next UN ambassador to the United states government has just bowed out because of family business (i.e. she hired an illegal nanny and paid under the table and has been dodging taxes... not making this up)

What exactly is the end goal...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
All hail the Troll.

What is this world coming too.

OMG, OMG, OMG... He played a sad song while showing sad, and idiotic people at the SOTU... Don't worry, I am certain they are all hiding in their safe space. You could join them if you want.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Perhaps if Trump would have paid the copyright owner to use the song the tweet would have not being taken down. As a person who writes, plays and produces music for a living, I know I like to be paid for my work.

Think about it this way:

A guy calls the musicians guild to get a quote on a 6 piece wedding band. The rep says, "Off the top of my head, about $2000.

The guy says, "WHAT? FOR MUSIC?"

The rep responds, "I'll tell you what. Call the plumbers union and ask for six plumbers to work from 6 'til midnight on a Saturday night. Whatever they charge, we'll work for half."

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A bunch of butt-hurt liberals censor a meme with a song about being...

A butt-hurt liberal.
SMH

And here I thought after 2 years the manufactured outrage would subside. But noooo these progressives are so intent on taking the Orange Man down they are willing to gas light their whole ideology. Any rational thinking liberal left the plantation years ago. All that's left are a bunch of bigoted racist cis'phobes.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Someone on twitter mentioned that Twitter may have broken the Presidential Records act by censoring him like that... I'm curious to see if anyone has any additional info on that?

I doubt it, they probably still have the tweet stored. So technically...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's funny how trump trolls the left.

But also sad that people are praising the president for tweeting it... Come on.. is this what being a president has come to.....

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

I'm sure there are tens of thousands of copyrighted material out there. Trump tweeting it just caused enough attention on this video.

Also, no unknown youtuber is going to pay for copyright in song

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What do you Expect from the Leftist Twitites , Patriotism ? No Morals , No Sense , and No Class................

edit on 17-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join