It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Too Late To Restore America?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I personally don't think our Federal government will regain control since it will end up being the Federal government that people will reject.

There will be a core 20% or so of the US military that will follow whatever leader is in charge.

The other 80% will go back to their States, to their families and towns. They will bolster the State's own Guard.

Yes, the big towns will end up eating themselves.

Rural America will still be there, however.

So we will begin again, first at the local level, then the State...

Like we did in the first place.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU
a reply to: Lumenari

When it collapses, it's game over for good. The rest of the world will see to that, it will be like piranha on a pig carcass. Sad but true, ask the Roman Empire. Oh, that's right, you can't......

Arguably, the Roman Empire never fell...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: CharlesT

I personally don't think our Federal government will regain control since it will end up being the Federal government that people will reject.

There will be a core 20% or so of the US military that will follow whatever leader is in charge.

The other 80% will go back to their States, to their families and towns. They will bolster the State's own Guard.

Yes, the big towns will end up eating themselves.

Rural America will still be there, however.

So we will begin again, first at the local level, then the State...

Like we did in the first place.

In the information age, the word rural is pretty much worthless.
edit on 1622019 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed letter

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
This is not the full title of this article,it was too long to post as the thread title...
I just finished reading this article and really liked issues that were brought up.The
article basically details how our freedoms are slowly being trodden upon by those
who mean us harm.
www.paulcraigroberts.org...

G'day MamaB...It's never too late they say...but I think "restore" is a returning to what was once normal...and nothing is normal any longer...advances in everything make it a different world entirely.

Today's America is so close to the end...turning back will only face our enemies coming forward...and we are there now....

Proud to be an American... dissolution as to being "human"...disappointed as to man being complacent to his fellow man.

*These and other news tonight at 10 following "The Kardashians"...

I've quoted musician Frank Zappa many times for his advanced yet simplistic observations of the human condition. He has a song on Mothers of Invention's 1st album called "Help, I'm a rock".

Ponder that title a bit...hard, one piece, never changing, unable generally to change, tomorrow the same as today was the same as yesterday.

Impossible? No. Likely? No. Not without an intervention of man, machine or natural or un-natural force.

So, America to be restored? I think it may be too late...or not yet the right time, for the right reasons.
edit on 16-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: spell

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Defeatist attitude? If anything, that opinion is probably the toughest of all to digest and implement. It means that instead of just getting of your rear end once or twice every 4 years, casting a ballot and going home and then pretending it accomplishes something, realization that if this freedom is worth fighting for, it will be very very hard.

What does all of MSM spout out, that voting matters. That educating yourself on the politician's issues and voting is all that is needed. So what happens if their message is completely different compared to their actions? Then what? It seems like powers that be really like our current voting system. I wonder why?

The toughest thing to do is come to the realization the entire system is corrupt, both sides and the politicians simply use the D & R tags to fool us. They are all the same. Once this realization is made, there is nothing but bloody tough steps available to remedy this. Those in power are not going to give up this game so easily.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

In the information age, the word rural is petty much worthless.

And yet that is the only way the citizens of the information age are able to eat.

The rural communities that grow the food in the first place.

So yea... a 80% reduction in our population is probable...

But most of what you are left with is people who are self-sufficient.

We cut the unsustainable portion of the population out... I'm fine with that.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
True, and if they succeed with disbanding the electoral college and rely on the popular vote, the mega cities and coasts will drain the rest of the country like a fat leech.

I see you have watched the series "Hunger Games"...

One viewpoint on the eventual outcome of a "Democracy" in America.

Probably a realistic one, tbh..

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Easy answer is no, we still have all the tools needed to enact change or even force change.

The problem is people, getting people to read more, turn off the TV and talk to each other so we can learn that neither party is the right path.

If the people talk, the people will bond and then the fed would be screwed, if only people would get off their phones and talk.

We have just had a national debate on whether walls work or not.

If. Walls. Work.

Nah... the indoctrination is complete and it's time to just let things wind down to the inevitable end.

After that, the survivors can have a much more productive debate.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Is It Too Late To Restore America?

Yes, it's to late.

They sold their soul to the devil... they'll never get it back.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Restore? Restore to what. America prior to world war II when the Great Depression was in effect and most people had no work? Certainly this is not what we want to restore to.

America after world war II when the rest of the world's industrial base was ground to dust and American products were basically the only products available in the WHOLE WORLD. A time when males had to follow a limited dress code and women were for the most part kept at home? The America, though riding high on manufacture and a monopoly on world distribution still kept Americans of African decent out of the process and benefits of that age? Kept them out of national sports. Kept them out of restrraunts and gave them segregated toilets? Surely not.

How about the 1960s when the only information available to people was three TV networks, the local news papers and weekly magazines. That America began to disolve when information began to grow exponentially causing people to diverge in their base assumptions on existence?

Or how about some mythical time in the past when there was no electricity, no interstate highways, no cars, only horses and wagons etc. Oh please not that.

My point here being that America cannot and never could be restored as any historical America we can envision without slipping into fantasy illusions of some perfect past was built upon a vast spectrum of evolutionary, social, financial, religious etc constructs. Those constructs are either now gone or at best lost in the history of current day progress.

Those factors that helped to establish any America of the past have changed and so any future of the US depends upon the factors of current reality.

And those changes in technology that have completely changed the landscape of what is ''normal'' in America have not, and will not stop. American industry will not stop looking for the newest trinket to lure consumers. So restoring seems to me out of the picture. I think it was one4all on the first page who summed it up by saying ''restored'', not, but re-invigorated.
Maybe, hopefully.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Except we have gotten to the point where the votes don't actually matter anymore...

What matters is who is counting the votes.

Look at the last Presidential election, for instance.

We had the police arm of the party in power (FBI, CIA, DOJ) doing opposition research FOR THE PARTY IN POWER to attempt to change the course of the election.

When that didn't work, the police arm of the party in power then attempted a coup on the duly elected President.

This is still ongoing.

And a full quarter of our population not only is fine with that level of corruption, they fight for it.

We live in a police state now, by definition.

Police also protect people.

Isn't investigation into these matters a good thing to correct any issues? When will the Mueller report be made public? What is being done about cyberspace security now that tampering is suspected?

3/4 is more than 1/4.

Outdated machines are/were counting the votes, but tampering has been ruled out.

gcn.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If I am still around if or when TSHTF I'm glad I'm not a city dweller.

But let's face the truth that our Constitutional Republic has already bitten the dust.... The rest will certainly follow in time.

Edit: Solar flair or an EMP may get us before our government does.
edit on 16-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

They may have sold THEIR soul but they sure as hell didn't sell mine...

America never belonged to them in the first place BTW.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In it's Constitutional form... yes, it's gone. Everything now is just delaying the inevitable in probably vain hopes.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast, however, and while there is life, there is hope.

As to what it will look like... there are several possibilities. I honestly don't know.
  • Maybe we'll collapse under our own weight, like Venezuela... to the point where martial law rules and people will do anything for food. I won't even rule out cannibalism if we go that route. We won't drop as fast as Venezuela, of course, because we are a much larger and more diverse economy, but the final drop will, like Venezuela, happen almost overnight.

• Or maybe we'll be like the French during the French revolution and go through a period of changing regimes, each one in turn executing the last until the only ones who remain will be the huddled masses too timid to speak up and the few elite who manage to survive the chaos.

• Perhaps, like the Soviet Union, we'll simply collapse into obscurity, clinging desperately to dreams of past greatness while millions starve in the streets waiting on the rebuilding to come along. It will, but probably too late for most.

• Maybe we could split apart under the hatred we seem to feel for each other. No longer united, but divided into separate smaller countries that wage war with each other without really knowing why, like the Hatfields and McCoys on a national scale. I personally feel that is more likely, but that's just me.

• It's possible we could wake up one morning to the realization that we the people have no rights except those the oligarchy choose to give us... a return to feudalism.

But whatever happens, I have done what I could. I raised my kids with the will and guts to survive. If I die tomorrow, I will have lived more in my life than 90% of the people across the globe. My soul is safe; what happens to my body is irrelevant. If I survive the coming storm, so be it; I will help rebuild from the ashes. If I do not survive, so be it; my progeny will.

Just another untold story among billions in a history written by those who cannot remember it.

The story of mankind.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Simple answer. Yes of course it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes it's too late.
Americans allowed globalists to flood the country with illegal aliens and skewed legal immigration towards countries that don't embrace America. Critical mass has already been achieved, so America is gone.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

In the information age, the word rural is petty much worthless.

And yet that is the only way the citizens of the information age are able to eat.

The rural communities that grow the food in the first place.

So yea... a 80% reduction in our population is probable...

But most of what you are left with is people who are self-sufficient.

We cut the unsustainable portion of the population out... I'm fine with that.

That's a good point. What I meant was, no one is anonymous anymore. Big brother sees all no matter where you live.

I envy your position though.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Yes it's too late.
Americans allowed globalists to flood the country with illegal aliens and skewed legal immigration towards countries that don't embrace America. Critical mass has already been achieved, so America is gone.

That's a little bit hypocritical mate.

We probably equal the US with illegals relatively.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

US taxpayers each owe $180,000 when we look at our $22 trillion national debt. And that doesn't include unfunded liabilities like social security.

We also see this seething hatred between the left and the right and illegal immigration flooding into our country and you have an inevitability of this nation collapsing unless we get the debt under control, can find civility again, and improve our border security

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'll agree with the statement in general; with one caveat...

Local elections e.g. where judges are voted in by 100's of votes or local propositions by 1000's is the problem. National elections, people show about half the time, local and state far fewer and skipped when on major balloting.

If the other half, got out and voted (off their arses) diversity would follow...in a federal republic representation will follow voters, less voterers; uninformed voters is zero to no representation

Mg

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join