It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Digisexuals’ demand HUMAN RIGHTS enshrined by UN to have sex with AI robots

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Can't argue with that.

Many so-called conservatives were simply using their power to hide from themselves essentially. Trying to take others with them in the process. Believe me, I find a lot of old guard conservatives to be a little too rigid for how rapidly the world is changing.

There is a place for conservatism in the world of the future as we will need to carefully navigate some very uncharted waters. Marching head-on without metering our progress could have devastating consequences for our species and the planet as a whole. This is why I feel that serious study in the ethics of AI is more important than ideology. In fact, removing that bias altogether would be preferable with how humanity governs the development of AI.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, well.....it goes way deeper than a toaster LOL no pun intended

youtu.be...

Listen to the AI and how well the algorithms are beginning to emerge 😳

edit on 16-2-2019 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But that doesn't mean people are not deserving the greatest possible amount of respect and hope that they will live up to your expectations of them.

Respect is earned , not forced
And , speaking of such...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

20 years in the future?...We are already living "idiocracy." Thank you "toxicity generation" for making a movie reality...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Present meet the future hope for mankind.

BTW, the sexual robot-organ of that toaster has been hidden so as to not offend any present or future "robosexuals" out there.

One more thing, I swear that photoshop job was done by my 5 year old niece. It wasn't me, I swear...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn I agree with you. What kind of people do we want to be? Why does everything have to be about sex? This makes me think that such folks can not think of any other way to become a victim. Nobody would know whatthey are doing if they don't tell.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Those curves and that screw-me red it's wearing are asking for it though...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

"thats what it is to live a slave
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Like tears in rain"

However it is still a symptom not a persuasion when a person prefers computerized woman - or men - to the real thing, a symptom of a society that is no longer functional or built around it's people but which has been gobbled up by corporate interests and unless someone in power see's and interprets these warning signs' for what they are it will inevitably lead to societal collapse because a society that no longer functions at all level's is no society at all.

Perhaps not a complete societal collapse but a morphing into a possible different path for human/AI evolution.

I get your points and would agree that we are at a cusp in our evolutionary path. AI weapon bearing drones keeping us slaves in line, black shirt cops on the ground. The dark age is already upon us. Cameras everywhere whilst "truth" is relative to what corporate controlled Governments brainwash us with.

You above quote could apply equally to the first time man paid for sex outside a monogamous relationship. Where there is a need the market will fill the gap.

The real danger lies in lack of empathy for the "other" spurred on by interaction with an AI or sex bot. But I would suggest that that already has come into force, wars by remote control, or in faraway lands where the suffering of the collateral damage is not even a bleep on the radar.

Then the human sex trafficking by rings or even the elite and the wealth thrown in our faces causes even a moderate man to question "why play by the rules, the rules are only for the slaves not the Rulers"

We can rationalize and justify everything away given enough time and conditioning.

I mean what is wrong with palm olive and a good imagination to let off that steam do they really have to plug themselves in?. Seriously messed up stuff.

Thats like saying whats wrong with digital art when we have art galleries with still pictures. Palm olive is so 1800's.
Why not immersion in an virtual world, where no risk of disease or pregnancy?

I mean even Christian preachers have embraced MLM/cult brainwashing in their Christian TV programmes calling for money whilst promising a future "heaven".

The power of tech to manipulate and drain your wallet.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

LGBT rights to 'Digisexuals

Another Agenda of trying to destroy traditional families to lower populations.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thanks for the contributions to the thread. Now if I understand your broad/Narrow AI dichotomy are you suggesting that it is already feasible that unless something like Asimov's 3 laws of robotics are built into the AI then it cam make the autonomous decision to defend itself by injuring or killing humans that will attempt to turn it off or harm it.

Have we crossed that Rubicon?

wiki

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

One question that I have is if someone else's sex bot rapes, molests, or sexual harasses me; who would be at fault? The sexbot? The owner? Or the programmer?

Ultimately it will probably fall back on the end user or owner. Usually with products theres heaps of clauses limiting liability.
Like the Takata airbags it would take a regulatory authority after sufficient outcry to enforce a recall. Then like Takata they'll probably declare bankruptcy if insufficient funds are allocated for product liability.

I suspect in certain circumstance like the "Banks too big to fail" bullsnip the taxpayer may pick up the bill.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No, not at all.

I believe there's quite a long way to go. We may choose to nurture broad AI in an isolated simulated environment rather than giving it access to the real world. That alone would change the dynamic.

Broad AI will not reach this level of sophistication for a while. Filtering and contextualizing information in a manner that makes sense to us consistently is something we haven't been able to achieve to high degrees just yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I agree. People should be free to do whatever they want, but...

It should not cost me anything.

It should not infringe on my rights.

I should not be complled to participate.

They should not receive any government assistance to pursue their weirdness.

We should not write new laws to accomodate.

I'm all for new versions of sex that keep dumb people from reproducing, as well.

link   
Double post, please remove.
edit on 17-2-2019 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post, please remove.
edit on 17-2-2019 by ltdan08 because: Must it?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Robosexual is a term to describe people (or sentient robots, if technology ever advances that far) who are sexually and/or emotionally attached to robots.[1] Generally, the robots to which robosexuals are attracted are humanoid.

Like some other sexual orientations, robosexuality only goes in one direction: from human to robot. This is because robots are still a long way from sentience, and because even if a person were in a hypothetical relationship with a hypothetically sentient robot, that robot would not be robosexual towards the person, since robosexuality is exclusively an attraction towards robots (and not humans such as the hypothetical human in question).

rainbowpedia.wikia.com...

Have fun #ing rubber ya degenerate.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
2077 the Robots revolt, and turn on their molesters.

DONT SAY LYS YOU DIDNT WARN ME

when me and the cyborg gangs roll through your neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Can the toster 'toast' while i'm 'using' it? A quickie then a nice bit of toast - lovely
Although i'll wait for the 4 slice version - who just eats 2 slices?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Studying the ethics of AI seems important to me, too. I kind of figure that AI will be capable of ruling us at some point. Even now, it is assisting the Chinese in crunching data to learn everything about everyone in their country and assign a citizen score. Would China eventually turn all power over to an AI?

AI also governs what we see online, such as Google searches and the like. AI is already governing a lot of things! And it will continue to govern more over time. So it is essential we develop it ethically.
edit on 17amSun, 17 Feb 2019 03:23:34 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 17amSun, 17 Feb 2019 03:23:54 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
A sexbot is like a wife after 25 years of marriage, except the bot doesn't nag you all day.

The lifeless sex partner is about the same in both cases, of course!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join