It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Digisexuals’ demand HUMAN RIGHTS enshrined by UN to have sex with AI robots

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I am just waiting for a sex bot to identify as a toaster.

Would that make them a "legal" hottie?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What happens when a robot refuses? It does not want sex? What if it eventually doesn't want to be used like this? What are we setting the groundwork for down the line?

There'll come a time when the robot says "no"

"you don't even service me at scheduled maintenance" or "you use cheap oil in my joints"

"its always take take with you"

" robots lives matter"

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

By then we'll call them the pejorative "arties".

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Only mine's broke down And now I've no-one to love

So if you end up borrowing the neighbours bot and paying a rental fee does it amount to prostitution?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I mean who cares? Honestly at what point do we stop caring if someone wants to bump uglies with a machine? We have people who doink with objects, we have people who doink with prosthetic so who the heck cares? I mean there are lonely people out there in the world who don't have a partner and just want to do the sideways dance with anything. Personally I'm not sure how realistic it would be, can't imagine the sensations being the same that part I can't get my head around but other than that whats the prob? (Apart from the mess and cleanup afterwards lol).

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Woodcarver

So for all involved here, just answer the question, how many AIs have you written?

I've actually done this. There are even examples here on ATS.

Are you saying some ATS members are bots that you wrote?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

a reply to: dug88

These things have specific names.

Latches, flipflops, and multivibrators make up ICs. It isn't enough to call it a transistor and capacitor pair. A latch is a type of flip flop that holds its state with minimal power. This is the very basis of electronic memory.

Multivibrators and other types of logic gate systems make up processing ICs.

You're right...none of those things make it intelligent though. I mean it really seemed simple enough to mention computers just take instructions and perform operations in memory. They don't think. That's the main takeaway. Sorry I didn't put enough details in for your liking. It's more the process was important rather than the semantics of transistors capacitors and logic gates. Usually one doesn't need to go down to the level of the individual logic gates that make up the circuit.

But I guess we can get really pedantic with this if you like.

I don't know about you but I think a sex bot with Multivibrators is taking it to a whole new level.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Would this surprise you if your interpretation of that sentence was correct?

Its not correct...but if it was?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why all this toaster hate? At least they keep you warm at night.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Would this surprise you if your interpretation of that sentence was correct?

Its not correct...but if it was?

No. It wouldn't surprise me. I have some earlier posts in which I said I believed some members were bots based upon their speech patterns. I also believe some members are alternate identities created by the mods. It varies but some days I believe 20% of the people here are fake.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
All this talk about AI is interesting but it is theoretical. The AI exists but we don't have autonomous sex robots yet and likely never will. Not because it impossible but what idiot would want to pay for some feminist robot that will kick them out of bed then possibly sue them for their house, car and money? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying a sex bot.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I was once a staff member on ATS.

I cannot confirm or deny anything.

But I will say the parties are wild.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Chat bots are nothing new. They've been around 15 years and just get better. They're likely all over the place.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There is going to be a whole industry of sex robots in the future. Do you guys seriously see anything wrong with this? Why can’t Republicans mind their own business and just not participate themselves?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I think you have exactly the wrong idea. Sex robots will be built with exactly the opposite idea in mind. They most certainly won’t be feminists, as they will be made to please and serve. And they won’t sue or anything, because that would make them too risky to buy from the companies selling them.

It seems to me like the prime market for sex robots will be disgruntled conservatives who don’t know how to get along with women. So don’t cut yourself short! With a top-of-the-line sex robot, you could keep your woman in the kitchen where she belongs and have sex whenever you want.
edit on 16pmSat, 16 Feb 2019 18:12:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Have you even read this thread? They are talking about sex bots with human rights.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It seems to me like the prime market for sex robots will be disgruntled conservatives who don’t know how to get along with women.

And yet you have a conservative clearly illustrating why this might be a bad idea in the future.

This is just such a cheap way to score political points. Low hanging fruit.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I don’t know, conservatives can be hypocrites all the time. Look at the Catholic priests who are against gays yet statistically cause the most abuse of little boys. Look at the anti-gay conservatives who have secret gay sex lives themselves. And some conservatives complaining about it today might see what I’m talking about when the sex robots actually show up.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No, it really is as simple as he's making it out to be.
I'm pretty sure this isn't some skynet level sex dolls were talkin about here. The fact that you guys are even equating some guy #ing a sex doll to rape and child molestation is hilarious.

Ever here about some raping a pocket pussy? Or a dildo? No??? Thats cause you can't rape things that aren't alive bro. And i'm sure if we are #ed by A.I in the future, it'll be because of humanitys tendency to build weapons out of everything and NOT because some dbag wants to eff a robot.

This is hands down the dumbest aurgument i've ever seen.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

I made no such arguments. You literally made all of that up to argue against.

It may be that simple for you. But ethics in AI is deeply important to it's development.

MIT alone dropped $1 Billion to study the ethics of AI systems, their development, and how we should treat AI.

It isn't just about sex with robots. This goes WAY beyond that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join