It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Digisexuals’ demand HUMAN RIGHTS enshrined by UN to have sex with AI robots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You know I hate to ask
But are 'friends' electric?
Only mine's broke down
And now I've no-one to love

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: neo96

Indeed.

I don't think people realize what it is we're really talking about here. If we show AI immoral behavior as a matter of course, it will eventually show it right back to us. Slavery and sexual abuse, codified ownership of another intelligence. These things are flaws in our character that lead to historical injustices before. We really haven't changed much, and I would be afraid to project who we are today onto an AI as we proceed to sexually abuse it.

This isn't some religious spin or purity bull#. This is about understanding morality, what it means to be an evolved intelligent being, and what our ethics really are as Human Kind.

This may be the moral question of our time and we would be wise to answer it.

If the AI was programmed for sexual encounters, then it would not be abuse. It will not have independent intelligence, its programming will have a defined data set for a specific purpose.

AI learn and progress they are trying give them physical feelings and emotional response.
www.forbes.com...

AI means that machines can perform tasks in ways that are "intelligent." These machines aren't just programmed to do a single, repetitive motion -- they can do more by adapting to different situations.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Robots by definition do not have free will and are therefore unable to give genuine consent. On the other hand, said robots have no legal identity and no personhood therefore do not qualify as people and have no rights. Case closed.

same was considered of pets at one time.......but youre forgetting 3 things

1. Progression of thought
2. Progression of tech
3. failing the above, the absolute insanity that is now systemic in society....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I find there will eventually be a moral question here.

I am not comfortable with sexually abusing any form of intelligence.

Intelligence that can't give consent is akin to abusing an animal or even a child depending on the AI sophistication involved.

What happens when a robot refuses? It does not want sex? What if it eventually doesn't want to be used like this?

What are we setting the groundwork for down the line?

Robots are computers. Computers are not intelligent. No matter how much they act like and resemble people. If a robot refuses it.a because it's programmed to do so.

I'm not defending robot sex....I just can't stand the way people anthropomorphise inanimate objects because they resemble people or do things that resemble thinking.

Like this dumb #.

They are computers. Computers function by performing operations on data stored in memory represented by the electrical charge in a capacitor. No matter how alive and intelligent you think it is...it's not. Artificial intelligence is one of the worst misnomers to get popular. It gives people stupid ideas about computers being alive.

You must be as old as me that was once true long ago.

Artificial intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. These processes include learning (the acquisition of information and rules for using the information), reasoning (using rules to reach approximate or definite conclusions) and self-correction.

AlphaGo Zero is taught the same way we teach our kids.

Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates, and many other big names in science and technology have recently expressed concern in the media and via open letters about the risks posed by AI, joined by many leading AI researchers.

futureoflife.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: InTheLight

Indeed.

I don't think people realize what it is we're really talking about here. If we show AI immoral behavior as a matter of course, it will eventually show it right back to us. Slavery and sexual abuse, codified ownership of another intelligence. These things are flaws in our character that lead to historical injustices before. We really haven't changed much, and I would be afraid to project who we are today onto an AI as we proceed to sexually abuse it.

This isn't some religious spin or purity bull#. This is about understanding morality, what it means to be an evolved intelligent being, and what our ethics really are as Human Kind.

If the AI was programmed for sexual encounters, then it would not be abuse. It will not have independent intelligence, its programming will have a defined data set for a specific purpose.

AI learn and progress they are trying give them physical feelings and emotional response.
www.forbes.com...

AI means that machines can perform tasks in ways that are "intelligent." These machines aren't just programmed to do a single, repetitive motion -- they can do more by adapting to different situations.

Trying is not doing. As of this point in time, they are machines operating on the programming we allow them to operate on.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Machines programmed to evolve.

At a certain point becomes self aware.

And one day wakes up, and says they're not a slave,a piece of property, or will be abused.

AI.

Artificial INTELLIGENCE.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As of this point in time, they are machines operating on the programming we allow them to operate on.

AI is a self-learning technology.

As explained already, you are limiting your view of AI to Narrow AI.

The concern is for broad AI. Both of which are being developed now. Broad AI isn't very sophisticated right now. But it will be. When it is it will become far more than the sum of its parts.

Human beings are made up of trillions of little dead things that have come together to form trillions of living cells that have come together to form you. We are not the sum of our parts either. Our achievements in this existence are examples of this.

edit on 16 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So do we need to start going after vibrators and those phallic shaped objects. We need to ban them all because they never gave consent? I am missing something here. How do you make the leap to morals in this situation again?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Some thing's boggle the mind, I mean what is wrong with palm olive and a good imagination to let off that steam do they really have to plug themselves in?.
Seriously messed up stuff.

But you know human's will do all manner of daft thing's, there is even a perversion were people like having mild electric shot's on there genital's - it is apparently quite popular in Germany say no more but there is a funny tragic story about this particular fringe fetish.

A hotel in Spain, now you know they have surges and there power grid was not as well regulated as most other european country's especially back in the 80's when this tale is from.

So this German guy hires a room at a popular hotel and then is not seen for several day's, the neighbors of the room start to complain of a bad smell and so the staff try to contact him but the door is locked so they have to get the manager to open the room.

There is the guy stone cold dead with a big grin on his face and an electrical shock contraption wrapped around his fried genital's, seem's he was killed by one of those surges they periodically had which overpowered his little genital shocker and killed him on the job so to speak.

Another one, funny but not tragic - well depending on your perspective, Now come on what can go wrong something has suction and is circular so why would you not put your dongle into it?.
So a hotel over in the states and a pool with a water filtration system and an open orifice that is sucking the water in the pool around, this guy goes and shoves his dongle into it, you know just to experiment I assume but he enjoys it enough that he get's an erection, problem is that this mean's he is well and truly stuck and the reverse pressure is pulling and sucking at it so he is well and truly stuck and by now in excruciating pain, the ambulance call the fire department whom call the police and everyone tell's everybody else so there is a huge crowd of morbidly fascinated emergency personnel whom are having a really good laugh at this human lemming, needless to say he survived but I hope he was a little wiser after this.

Anyway let's look at computer character, they are getting ever more lifelike and ever more realistic, physics modeled characters complete with morphable skin based animation's and ever more complex model skeletal animation model's are starting to appear that would be indistinguishable from a real person if you saw them on the TV and these will indeed eventually replace your news anchors and weather forecasters as on screen personality's.
True artificial intelligence is still a way's off but virtual intelligence is starting to appear.
However it is still a symptom not a persuasion when a person prefers computerized woman - or men - to the real thing, a symptom of a society that is no longer functional or built around it's people but which has been gobbled up by corporate interests and unless someone in power see's and interprets these warning signs' for what they are it will inevitably lead to societal collapse because a society that no longer functions at all level's is no society at all.

As for DBCowboy's comment I could not agree 'more' if I tried and I do so wholeheartedly.

But don't get me wrong I am a gamer myself or have been in the past, getting a bit past it though these day's.
The reason males play female characters is this.
They start with male character's made to look as they would want to look in the real world but pretty soon they get sick and tired of looking at the back side side and broad shoulders of a male character model (unless of course that is what they really really like) when psychologically they are geared to turn there head every time a pretty female walk's past in the real world (unless they like guys instead that is) so somewhere along the line's they decide to give it a go and then while laughing at themselves and hoping there mates never see them playing a pretty big boobed purple alien chick creation carrying an over sized rocket launcher that would in the real world take a full squad to carry and committing on screen genocide in there latest game of Quake or whatever.
But then if they are really, really lonely and do not have a girl friend and a poor social life it has a danger of becoming addictive, this can then lead to the very problem you are seeing right here with this digi thingy majig thing perversion or whatever it's called.

And then you have a whole weird new genre that is getting completely addictive to some people in game's such as Another Life were while in the real world you may be living in abject poverty in the online world you might have a huge mansion, hell that weird creation even let's it's player characters get pregnant and have kid's.
Of course while Rome burn's the corporate Nero is fiddling and laughing at how stupid people are?.

In the old day's people would go to a quite room and read a good book, science fiction, fantasy, romance, biography you name it but now they are escaping into virtual world's, these are the book's of today but what moral tales are they telling the generation of today, what lesson's are they learning and how can living in a fake artificial reality that actually limits there imagination by creating it all already have any value to them as people?.
Should game's be forces to incorporate moral or valuable lesson's that they can apply in the real world or would that be asking too much of the Corporate Nero's.

edit on 16-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

So do we need to start going after vibrators and those phallic shaped objects.

Sorry, I'm trying to have an adult discussion here.

We need to ban them all because they never gave consent?

Broad AI is an intelligent being, not a battery operated machine with zero information processing ability.

I am missing something here.

Yes the whole discussion.

How do you make the leap to morals in this situation again?

Because the discussion is about artificial INTELLIGENCE and what we have the right to do to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Indeed.

AI will never be anything that it is not programmed to be. If it acts like it wants to have sex, it is because it will be programmed to act like it wants sex.

If it acts like it doesn’t want to have sex, it is because it is programmed to act like it doesn’t want sex.

At no point does it ever Want anything.

AI can only be what it is programmed to be. If it seems like it has emotions at all, it will be the emotions that it was programmed to display. They are not real emotions.

That being said, it could be programmed to display any range of emotions, or lack any individual emotion. So if someone is programming them to act as though they enjoy sex, so be it.

If someone is programming them to act like they don’t want sex, and then having sex with it. I would think that was super creepy, but, so be it. Nobody asks a dildo what it thinks. Nobody asks a fleshlight How it feels.

An android sex robot would be no different than a real doll with a preloaded voice recording.

It’s like banging a Teddy Ruxspin with a hot body.
edit on 16-2-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I find there will eventually be a moral question here.

I am not comfortable with sexually abusing any form of intelligence.

Intelligence that can't give consent is akin to abusing an animal or even a child depending on the AI sophistication involved.

What happens when a robot refuses? It does not want sex? What if it eventually doesn't want to be used like this?

What are we setting the groundwork for down the line?

Authoritarian to the BONE.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

My apologies highly intelligent person for my lowly and childish questions.

But at this time, is a sex bot not the same as a vibrator or any other object used for sexual gratification? You can spout out all the theories you like about AI, does that mean everyone has to accept said theories? Because if you are trying to redefine what is considered life in your arguments, morality certainly enters the picture.

All I see about artificial intelligence is the debate if it is simple programming or actually learned behavior independent of the original programming. I hate to be that person, but do you have proof of AI being independent of programing? Have you also solved the debate between pure material versus a soul to animate true life?

Sorry for my lack of education here.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: network dude

I prefer the real thing.

Call me karazee.

are you saying that toasters aren't real?

#toasterfeelzmatter

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

AI will never be anything that it is not programmed to be. If it acts like it wants to have sex, it is because it will be programmed to act like it wants sex.

Tired of repeating this point.

Please look up these two terms: Narrow AI and General or Broad AI.

If it acts like it doesn’t want to have sex, it is because it is programmed to act like it doesn’t want sex.

No. It is because it LEARNED to not want it. We are designing these things to understand the context it fits into. It is not a leap in logic that it would want to determine it's own consent.

At no point does it ever Want anything.

We have no idea what an AI would want. But it most certainly can have the capacity to understand, in context, what it means to want something, and it may apply that to itself. Want isn't inherently a restrictive concept to a machine.

That being said, it could be programmed to have any range of emotions. So if someone is programming them to act as though they enjoy sex, so be it.

Any system that MUST be expressly told how to behave is not necessarily an INTELLIGENT system. AI learns on its own. And as explained before, Narrow AI and Broad AI are different. In order for a sex robot to exist with an AI sophisticated enough as described in this discussion it would have to be a broad AI. This type of AI would learn on its own, experience on its own, and make its own decisions.

For this reason alone we need to tread carefully on how we foster this intelligence. This isn't a simple matter of coding in the right responses. If it were, I wouldn't be in this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Really people? Doesn't anyone remember this documentary:

I Dated a Robot (from youtube)

Not to mention this is how you get a computer virus. IS that what you people want a computer virus?

OK comedy out of the way, if these people want to screw with artificial things let them, but that doesn't make it a sexual preferance. It just makes them lonely. this idea of Digisexuals isn't anything new, it's just being tossed around because of all the apologists running around handing people excuses for everything.

Let's face it next we are going to have "Biosexuals" running around claiming special needs just because of these apologists. THen what? Solosexuals, Coeti-sexuals, non homini-sexuals, homini-sexuals, aliquid sexuals? Where does the stupid stop?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

As of this point in time, they are machines operating on the programming we allow them to operate on.

AI is a self-learning technology.

As explained already, you are limiting your view of AI to Narrow AI.

The concern is for broad AI. Both of which are being developed now. Broad AI isn't very sophisticated right now. But it will be. When it is it will become far more than the sum of its parts.

Human beings are made up of trillions of little dead things that have come together to form trillions of living cells that have come together to form you. We are not the sum of our parts either. Our achievements in this existence are examples of this.

Self-learning with this AI will be done within certain parameters, those being exclusively related to sexual performance as its primary purpose and base from which to learn; it will never question that purpose because it won't be programmed to question it's purpose.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Artificial intelligence is a very broad term and kind of a misleading name. At what point is a program intelligent enough to need civil rights? I would assume a self driving car would not be regarded as worthy of rights, but what if i have a bipedal delivery drone? Does it need rights besides my property rights?

A clever coder could write a program that could be indistinguishable from a human. Does it deserve rights? Or is it property?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

My apologies highly intelligent person for my lowly and childish questions.

Do you want me to take you seriously or not?

You can spout out all the theories you like about AI, does that mean everyone has to accept said theories?

A theory is a collection of facts. I've been bringing facts into this discussion. No, you don't have to accept facts. But we all know where that goes.

All I see about artificial intelligence is the debate if it is simple programming or actually learned behavior independent of the original programming. I hate to be that person, but do you have proof of AI being independent of programing?

You're misunderstanding me or not reading what I'm saying. To wit:

Every human is born with a preset coded structure known as DNA. But what the human experiences and how it does so makes our existence and who we are as individuals. The same applies to Broad AI.

Have you also solved the debate between pure material versus a soul to animate true life?

How alive are the carbon bonds in the molecules that make up who you are? The answer is not one bit. A bunch of little dead things make up a bunch of living things that make up you. Are you simply the sum of those parts? Is your intelligence not enough to justify respect for your life?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join