It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think dentists are bad?...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't like dentists lol. I had one when I was a kid, a Dr. Good. He thought he was a comedian. I had an abscess, he said he was going to saw off the pain and pulled out a coping saw. He then gave me the needle, didn't help much and jokingly pulled out a power drill with a 1/2"auger bit. Uh... Yeah. Fast foreward to 1988 and a new dentist, in africa no less, but supposedly the best since he worked on all the high level military officers. Abscess again, freezing didn't work again, he drills down into the nerve canal, it was bad but I took it. Still, all the crap under pressure blew out of the tooth. Then the fool decided to try and freeze from inside the tooth. He stuck the needle into the nerve canal. At that point I lost it and instincts took over, the desert eagle 44 came out of my shoulder holster and was pressed to his head in leas than a heartbeat. Dummy should have had me check my weapons at the front desk lol. I don't like dentists :-)

On eyes, I have metabolically triggered uveitis, triggered by peanut butter and oddly oil of anise and have been blind for up to 3 months at a time in one or both eyes. Any of those annoying little tools bug my eyes since they are hyper sensitive to foreign objects or situations. I feel your pain on the procedural insanity of optometrists, I just went through it last week.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

an overly perky dental hygienist who tries to make you feel like human scum for not flossing 4 times daily while facing Mecca.

Yeah, I don't like hygienists. They're all so bloody holy these days. Back in the day, you'd get this round middle-aged woman chirping merrily away to herself while she did the ablutions and send you on your way with a beaming smile. Now, it's the death stare and the nagging from a girl half my age for not flossing the few remaining teeth left in my head as I approach 60. What's the matter bitch, am I not paying you enough? Shut up and clean!

The dentist's bedside manner is far more affable, but then he wants a blow-by-blow account of my medical history.
Let the real doctors worry about all that. Just do the teeth, tooth monkey.

Dentists, eh? No other health professional fleeces you like they do. The car mechanics of the health industry.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I used to need glasses but don't anymore for some strange reason. I just have to eat liver or braunsweiner once a month and avoid all the junk food and my eyes work fine. I am still far sided but can read the paper really well now compared to before. I think it has something to do with avoiding foods that lessen my ability to focus. Strangely now, I see great and my pupils are pretty small in regular light, I can see in the dark fine, but in the dark if I am blinded by light, it still takes me a while before I can readjust the eyes correctly. If I come in from plowing snow on a sunny day, Everything seems dark for a while, my eyes seem locked small and will not go back larger easily, the pupils are really really tiny.

So, diet has a lot to do with good eyesight, enough retinol in the diet or maybe just vitamin A as carotinoids. Avoiding all the chemistry that dopes us is hard, they add it to prepared foods because it makes people content. I am not sure which neurotransmitters have the most to do with eyes working properly, but I would bet Acetylcholine is important, as well as enough taurine in the diet and maybe some carnatine might be good. B12 in the methyl form, like found in liver, is probably necessary, Folate, not folic acid, is important too.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've always liked Brian Regan's perspectives on eye doctors:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Being hunched over more than Quasimodo to look into that glorified Viewmaster doesn't help either.

Give me that little clicker to press like a lab rat on amphetamines even though I don't really know what I'm looking at! I mean what if I press it too early? Too late? Those little squiggles come and go faster than any human can react! WHAT DO YOU LEARN FROM THIS?!?!?!

Okay fine, so we're done right?

Ohhhhh no no no no no NO no no no no noooo.

They have to bring out the compressed air bazooka to shoot in your eyes to see how much you can cry.

"Checking your eye pressure."

Well, the good news is that it would have cost more if you went to an Ophthalmologist.
I have weird eyes, and have always seen an Ophthalmologist.

I have had all those tests over the years, and I'd like to offer some thoughts.

That retina picture.....when my husband went for his first eye exam [they had quoted a price for an eye exam beforehand] they gave him one of those retina picture things.
It was an extra cost above the quoted price.....we complained and did not have to pay for it.

That clicker....little dots of light....a most hated test!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is to test for peripheral vision....something they test for after they know you have glaucoma.
I know this because I have glaucoma and take the test every year or so to make sure there is no nerve damage affecting my peripheral vision.
Since they gave it to you before they even did the pressure test to see if you had glaucoma, I would wonder if that test was necessary, or simply padding the bill.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Please think about this again.

All of the Doctors and Nurses and the Medical Techs would have to be involved. They make up a slice of We The People and We The People would not stand for it.

They would also have to all be involved in a conspiracy to exploit sick, scared, desperate and dying people for money and political capital. And they are. You don't see many doctors on TV ringing alarm bells and telling people they're professional extortionists, do you?

edit on 17-2-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join