It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quoted for truth on a Fox article comment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sometimes I like to frequent the Fox news article comments sections on their website. I'm not really trolling persay, just making funny comments on an article I read and maybe replying to a couple of the funniest yet dead serious comments I see come up in the few minutes that I'm there. Anyway..

I ended up in the comments for an article about a CNN article with Chris Cuomo and another gentleman suggesting that President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid being labeled as obese. My exact comment which received several replies was, "No one is saying that Mr. Extreme. They're suggesting that President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid scrutiny and trolling by the media." (in reply to a fail at sarcasm that said, "Trump says he's 6'3", is really 6'2 and 3/4". He must be a racist!"). New comments pile up every second or two, and I see a comment posted that says something like, "LIBERAL LOGIC: President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid scrutiny and trolling by the media. REAL LOGIC:" something I don't remember, nothing substantial.

I'm amazed by the way that people stay on certain comments and keep replying to each other, attempting some semblance of actual, intelligent debate as their conversation gets buried endlessly by new material. You can goto your account and look at replies you've received, but overall it's simply ugly chaos. It could be an article about some guy that got caught after killing his wife and kids and the commenters will say he was a liberal, or this is how liberals think or do. There's a new Ocasio-Cortez article EVERYDAY about something she said. Today's article is that her "boyfriend got a government email address" or some such. Basically, Fox puts up whatever gets commented on the most to feed the trolls and they absolutely love her. The article always has the most unflattering new pic of her possible.

CNN doesn't have an open comment section at the bottom of almost every article that they have (That I know of. If they do, someone please point me in the right direction because it sounds like fun) and I'd like to think it's because the comments section is just hideously ugly in general. Really the worst of the worst folks over there at Fox. I wonder if its even close to an accurate example of the right wing voters, or just the most ignorant and extreme that have nothing better to do.
edit on 2/15/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Sometimes I like to frequent the Fox news article comments sections on their website. I'm not really trolling persay, just making funny comments on an article I read and maybe replying to a couple of the funniest yet dead serious comments I see come up in the few minutes that I'm there. Anyway..

I ended up in the comments for an article about a CNN article with Chris Cuomo and another gentleman suggesting that President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid being labeled as obese. My exact comment which received several replies was, "No one is saying that Mr. Extreme. They're suggesting that President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid scrutiny and trolling by the media." (in reply to a fail at sarcasm that said, "Trump says he's 6'3", is really 6'2 and 3/4". He must be a racist!"). New comments pile up every second or two, and I see a comment posted that says something like, "LIBERAL LOGIC: President Trump is exagerrating his height and weight to avoid scrutiny and trolling by the media. REAL LOGIC:" something I don't remember, nothing substantial.

I'm amazed by the way that people stay on certain comments and keep replying to each other, attempting some semblance of actual, intelligent debate as their conversation gets buried endlessly by new material. You can goto your account and look at replies you've received, but overall it's simply ugly chaos. It could be an article about some guy that got caught after killing his wife and kids and the commenters will say he was a liberal, or this is how liberals think or do. There's a new Ocasio-Cortez article EVERYDAY about something she said. Today's article is that her "boyfriend got a government email address" or some such. Basically, Fox puts up whatever gets commented on the most to feed the trolls and they absolutely love her. The article always has the most unflattering new pic of her possible.

CNN doesn't have an open comment section at the bottom of almost every article that they have (That I know of. If they do, someone please point me in the right direction because it sounds like fun) and I'd like to think it's because the comments section is just hideously ugly in general. Really the worst of the worst folks over there at Fox. I wonder if its even close to an accurate example of the right wing voters, or just the most ignorant and extreme that have nothing better to do.

I find liberal leaning sites tend to censor conservative comments OR they simply don't have comment sections. While you certainly can get a lot of trolls in comment sections, I find some of the best insights in comment sections.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I think there are a lot of trolls at FOX.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

"Trump says he's 6'3", is really 6'2 and 3/4".

He's more like 6'1". I think the point is, why does this White House lie about everything? Even stupid stuff, like the president's height can't be trusted, if it comes from this White House.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I find liberal leaning sites tend to censor conservative comments OR they simply don't have comment sections. While you certainly can get a lot of trolls in comment sections, I find some of the best insights in comment sections.

I wonder why that is. I've been looking at the media alot lately, specifically mainstream media with all of the fake news accusations and the increasing polarization between the networks to their respective sides. The best is when you stumble upon an article on CNN and Fox about the same current event in specific, spun in opposite directions.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: Edumakated

I wonder why that is. I've been looking at the media alot lately, specifically mainstream media with all of the fake news accusations and the increasing polarization between the networks to their respective sides. The best is when you stumble upon an article on CNN and Fox about the same current event in specific, spun in opposite directions.

Honestly, liberal logic/positions usually doesn't stand up to scrutiny that well. Comment sections (uncensored) are very good at pointing out the flaws in thinking. IN order to combat this, many left leaning sites simply don't have comments or censor the comments so opposing views are never seen.

I find conservative sites are a little more free thinking with debate in the comments sections. Also, I think many conservatives actually use other sources and therefore are more likely to comment on liberal sites than vice versa. In other words, even though I am conservative, I still frequently go to liberal sites iike New yrok Times, HUffPo, Gawker, etc mainly because I like to hear opposing views before forming an opinion. As such, I am more likely to comment on those sites. LIberals tend to stay in their own little bubble so they tend not to comment as much on conservative sites. My theory at least...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"Trump says he's 6'3", is really 6'2 and 3/4".

He's more like 6'1". I think the point is, why does this White House lie about everything? Even stupid stuff, like the president's height can't be trusted, if it comes from this White House.

I'm glad you have such insight into his height. Were you holding the end at his feet or were you the one holding the tape measure at his head?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It goes both ways.

But I find a lot of conservative or liberal heavy comment sections, forums, etc. either drive out everyone else and just have a big ol' Internet pow-wow hating on the left or right, and praising something that doesn't really have much significance.

Most of my friends on Facebook are rather left leaning. They tend to be rather a-political, but if some sort of social injustice is brought up, or some sort of science based ideas are bashed they will go off the rail at people.

I try to be as a-political as possible, and fact based. I still don't even know what my affiliation is tho since I live an extremely conservative lifestyle, yet I am generally fiscally liberal.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

LOL
I just watched a news segment on this. It just happened to be on. They showed Trump standing next to Obama, who is 6'1 1/2", according to his White House physician.

You can see that Trump is not taller than Obama. They're around the same height. It's a silly thing for the White House to lie about. But, they did!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

LOL
I just watched a news segment on this. It just happened to be on. They showed Trump standing next to Obama, who is 6'1 1/2", according to his White House physician.

You can see that Trump is not taller than Obama. They're around the same height. It's a silly thing for the White House to lie about. But, they did!

Good research. Next topic for you to dig into, what does the weight on Michelle O's license say? Is it accurate? Why lie about something so silly?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LOL

It's actually pretty silly to obsess on someone's height.

But orange man bad and anything every time to try to point out "liar LIAR liar!!!" to keep the narrative going, I guess...

Wouldn't be surprised if Barry was wearing 3" heels that day either before a playdate with Mike.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It's one thing for a woman to lie on her driver's license. It's another thing for the White House to lie about the President's height.

a reply to: Lumenari

I'ts silly for the president to be so obsessed with his height that he made the White House issue a lie about it. I'ts not the president's height that's the issue, it's the constant lies Trump and his administration constantly puts out. Trump and the White House are a greater source of "fake news" than any MSN media outlet.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And the right seems to get it wrong again regarding this whole discussion. No one (much to Trump's dismay) could give a rat's asss about Trumps height. It's his complete inability to tell the truth about anything and everything that have had the majority (country, world, take your pick) worried about him from the get-go. That and the other dangerous character flaw, that ego comes before smarts at every turn. And thus... the lying.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think something came out today saying he is 4 lbs into obese for his height...

Probably also silly to obsess over other peoples political ideologies yet you do that... Everybody here does...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I think something came out today saying he is 4 lbs into obese for his height...

Probably also silly to obsess over other peoples political ideologies yet you do that... Everybody here does...

When a political party wants to make my country into the land of free stuff for anybody that can make it to our borders and would like nothing more than to give up sovereignty to globalist interests it's not silly at all. It's imperative to obsess over those beliefs.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I don't obsess over other people's political ideologies.

I just point out that there is a particular one that will destroy America as we know it.

But to the first silly line on your post...

Does the Don being 4 lbs into obesity finally get you that impeachment you've been looking for?

If not, who cares?

The party that is so PC that we are not allowed to talk about someone's weight lest they be "body shamed"...

Is all in on an elevated BMI?

Which brings me to the other reason why I track leftist ideology...

It's more comedic than anything I've found on Netflix.

So please post more, post often.

Work harder!!!

edit on 15-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It's one thing for a woman to lie on her driver's license. It's another thing for the White House to lie about the President's height.

I'ts silly for the president to be so obsessed with his height that he made the White House issue a lie about it. I'ts not the president's height that's the issue, it's the constant lies Trump and his administration constantly puts out. Trump and the White House are a greater source of "fake news" than any MSN media outlet.

not that I even hope for intelligent debate with you, but I used to be 5'11", I am now closer to 5'8.5. I was measured by the government quite a few times in the past, so I doubt they lied, but amazingly enough, with age and gravity, comes loss of height. But you really, really need to make this a big deal, Trump lied. it's like his first time I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, that must be it then! The White House physician just asks Trump about his health and that's it. They publish that Trump's in excellent health, and will be beyond his tenure as president! He has perfect genes, and that orange skin is natural glowing health emanating from his trim and fit body! /sarcasm

I don't know about you, but when I go to the doctor they weigh and measure my height, sometimes they chide me on my weight.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Perhaps it's the bone-spurs that add to trumps height.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps it's the bone-spurs that add to trumps height.

🤭

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join