It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding in plain sight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.google.com...

They’ve been developing discussing/invisibilty tech for a long time now. Considering the strategic value, does anyone dispute that the U.S. government wouldn’t have this tech yet?

With an isolated location still critical, I’m willing to bet that there are entire facilities literally cloaked from visual observation (likely accomplished decades ago) to newer tech that renders the facility undetectable to FLIR or radar. Entrances to underground facilities would also be obvious for camafluage.

There are also so many other strategic applications; vehicles, helicopters, planes, spacecraft, special ops, roads.

I would imagine the ultra sensitive nature of this tech would be used only in very select applications. I also believe they wood never declassify this technology.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Well72

This was published almost 13 years ago when the University of Kentucky tested a small UAV with a visual stealth system. The problem with the tech has long been the application. Adding something like this to a fast jet is problematic at best, and almost disastrous at worst. Adding it to helicopters makes more sense, but only if you can make them as close to silent as humanly possible. There's no point in adding an invisibility cloak to something you can hear from half a mile away.
edit on 2/15/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
You mean like Airwolf? The one Stringfellow Hawke used to fly.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
One thing to consider. You don't necessarily need fancy cloaks for a base or facility. I'm willing to bet its possible to hide them literally in plain site. A common looking building or industrial park can have all sorts of stuff going on inside. Just look at lockheed at the burbank airport for decades. Almost nobody on the outside knew what they were building in there all those years.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can only imagine the technology they have in this day and age. Scary to even think about.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Some of it is just down right awe inspiring and would make you proud of what humans can create. Its not all scary and used for bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Off topic
Hey nightstar haven't talked to you in a while. Sent you a pm saying howdy.

On topic.
Philadelphia experiment. Haven't seen anyone crack that one yet. Interested to see what folks think was going on with that one.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Isn't there SAR technology that can detect almost anything even through clouds?
They might have non standard bandwidth allocations or even passive systems by now?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Nothing remotely close to what's claimed. The ship was later sold to Greece, where they ran it until it was scrapped.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

They're getting into hyperspectral imaging now. The imagery from the current multispectral sensors is amazing. The next generation will really blow some doors off.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yeahim not buying time travel and teleportation either.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have an interesting story about 'stealthy' things...

Several years ago one of my good friends came over to assist in eradicating some coyotes off the ranch. Several of us suited up to go out that evening. Now, I'm sure many know coyotes are some wily animals to hunt, they're smart, have excellent hearing and eyesight and know how to use terrain to their advantage. My friend, Greg, looked around at all of us in our fancy camo gear and laughed that he wouldn't be nearly as "cool" as us when he put his stuff on. Greg is probably one of the most accomplished coyote hunters I've ever known.

When Greg emerged from changing we all just cracked up. Greg looked exactly like a clown! If he'd have put on some fat shoes and a red ball for a nose he would have looked exactly like a clown you see at the circus.

Greg had on grey wool pin striped pants with suspenders, a ratty old shirt and a piece of a muddy old bed sheet. Attached to his belt he had an old cushion from a lounge chair which was dragging on the ground behind him. There's NO WAY this was going to work at concealment! Greg asked all of us how much we'd paid for all our gear, big bugs he assumed. He stated he got his stuff at Goodwill for a total of about six dollars. What happened next was jaw dropping.

We all headed off in our different planned directions. I turned back to look for Greg assuming he was just a few feet away and he had straight-up VANISHED! He was invisible. I called him on the radio and asked him where he was, and he replied he was standing just a few yards from me looking at me. I literally could NOT see him! I could hear his voice, but I couldn't see him.

Within about 20 minutes he had downed about 4 coyotes (to our zero), one of which was probably the biggest coyote I've ever seen. To this day we call that coyote "The King", and I had his hide tanned and it's on my wall (over 6 feet nose to tail). Two of the other coyotes he got had walked to within two yards of him (unheard of). He was invisible to them too.

Later Greg would explain why his system worked as well as it did, and it was all about what you expect to see versus what you actually see. He didn't look like a human shape, he wasn't a color you'd expect. In fact, everything about his appearance was not what you'd expect.

I learned a valuable lesson about "stealth" that day. Stealth isn't always what you expect...it's what you don't.

(Note - could I have seen him through a thermal scope? Probably, but in this case, coyotes don't have thermal scopes).
edit on 2/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

During WWII it was found that they could drastically cut the visual detection range of aircraft searching for submarines by simply turning their lights on.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Some of it is just down right awe inspiring and would make you proud of what humans can create. Its not all scary and used for bad.

I'm sure there is awe inspiring technology, it just depends on whos hands that technology gets into that worries me. Maybe I watch too many movies. LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
An interesting question would ask where tech that is to far ahead goes. Especially tech that is stumbled upon. Do they mothball it, since it could kill 90% of jobs or be so dangerous just by its existence?

I can think of a few things they would never let out.
1. Advanced control of human cell function
2. Solution for Quantom gravity
3. Functional lie detector
4. 3D Satellite systems
5. Non light reflective materials (invisibility)
6. ET: Although I truly believe that we probably don’t want to know about them. Kind of like finding a twin you didn’t know existed, only to discover they where raised by wolves and randomly lick their own a holes.

Now that activity may be something you had never seen before, but I doubt you would start howling at the moon and moving into a cave with them out of sheer admiration. Or maybe I’m wrong.

7. Advanced gene manipulation
8. Quantom Teleportation (non-biological)
9. Advanced communications
10. Large scale psychological manipulation apparatus

Please add in...
edit on 18-2-2019 by Well72 because: Edit

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

How did he manage to displace his own smell? How about his sounds? And what would a coyote be naturally looking for exactly?

Are you saying coyotes are on the lookout for humans in camo gear and bozo the clown showing up would be just so inconceivable to coyotes because they distinguish complex human dress context?

Tis a stretch..

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The problem is that, contrary to what people believe, they're NOT really far ahead in most fields. At best, some areas are 5-8 years ahead of the civilian world. Others are still playing catch up to the civilian world.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well, all of our garments are washed with scent off and then sprayed down afterwards with a nice "perfume" of some nice smelly stuff, so scent really isn't an issue...it's a wonderful bouquet of stench.

As far as sound is concerned, you have to be nearly perfectly silent. It's an art. You don't just go stomping across a field because if the coyotes hear that they'll be in the next county by the time you get to where you want to be. Plus, they'll remember where they heard things they didn't like, and they won't come back. In addition, my friend Greg is a master caller, and can call in coyotes once we're set up from miles away. He sounds exactly like a coyote (and he uses a turkey call to do it too, not an electronic call).

Are coyotes looking for people?? You BET they're looking for people. In this area, humans are the only predator to a coyote. Outside of humans, they have no predators. So, you bet they are!!

Regarding appearance, when Greg was in the pastures and draws he didn't look like anything at all. He looked like a bush or a piece of garbage or a partial animal carcass. Anything but a human. We're not exactly standing up on the horizon you know. A coyote doesn't know a clown suit from a 3-piece suit, but a coyote knows what a human looks like...exactly what a human looks like. And when they see one they'll run for miles.

You can think whatever you wish, but I'd say you've not had a lot of experience hunting coyotes (at all).

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

A coyote doesn't know a clown suit from a 3-piece suit

Clint? Is that you?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There's some stuff coming out of UCLA last year or two in high speed data transfers i bet the govt has had for at least a decade or more. In my opinion on this one about two decades ahead.

Some other big stuff thats been kept in the bag in my opinion are only a few years from being 'discovered' (without military help or research) in the civilian world. Judging by the research papers you can find on line. You gotta know what to look for and realise its a piece of a puzzle. But individual pieces are being figured out on some ground breaking things and its really only a matter of time before put together in the same novel ways by civilian sectors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join