It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez on Amazon's 3 Billion Dollar Tax Break

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So what you’re saying now is poor people tend to vote democrat. That’s fine. It’s not what you originally stated. Nice backtracking. What I was saying is that the states with highest poverty are republican. Nothing you said refutes this.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Bet you can't find a detailed map of all the local votes right down to each precinct can ya 😎

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Looks like you're saying that 😎

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't Know about You Guyz , but I have had just about Enough of some " Women " Spending My Hard Earned Money and Not having a Damn Thing to Show for it !.......................Ok, gonna go back in my Man Cave Now and have Another Beer ..................

edit on 17-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The management of those poverty cities are most always Democrat. Look at your example of New Orleans. The last time they had a Republican mayor was in 1867/68!

Look at Louisville, KY, one of the most impoverished cities in the US. They haven't voted in a Republican since 1965!

Take Baltimore. Last Republican voted in for mayor was 1963.

Philadelphia - 1948 since a Republican ran the city.

Detroit - 1957 since a Republican mayor was elected.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Not easy for some States with high Democrat poverty levels to collect enough taxes either.

🤫

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The sweet smell of success ........😎

Poverty in San Francisco

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

When they start to Try and Tax me to Death where I have no more " Beer Money " Anymore , then it's WAR !

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

3 Sheit Hole Cities and Yer Out Dems !

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: chr0naut

our communities need MORE investment

What exactly would you call a multi-billion dollar, multi-thousand job creating business venture?

Is that not an investment in New York? Would New York NOT benefit from it?

She just pissed away a guaranteed $150 MILLION annually in additional state income tax revenue, along with all the other benefit of an additional $2 BILLION in spendable income for the state.

Now another state will reap those benefits, but meh....AOC WON! SHE WON THE INTERWEBS!!!

It is really simple.

Companies make profit by taking more than they give. Amazon is one of the wealthiest companies.

They will give something to the state in income tax but they will take more from the people of the state. That is how they got so wealthy.

The state is playing a game, trying to 'game' the bigger player who holds most of the cards. That is why some politicians see the defeat of Amazon here, as being, ultimately, a good thing for the people of the state.

edit on 18/2/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Those are predominantly black counties. Imagine that, the people who have faced systemic and generational racism from one party ends up voting for the other party. Who would've thought?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The only reason why businesses exist is to make profit. If Jeff Bezos hadn't thought that he could make a profit in the internet sales game, he never would have started Amazon in the first place. The same goes for every other small business that eventually grew itself into a corporate leviathan. At some point, one person thought he or she could make a profit with either a good or service and took the risk to get into business and try to do just that. Without that profit incentive, there was no real reason for them to do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Those are predominantly black counties. Imagine that, the people who have faced systemic and generational racism from one party ends up voting for the other party. Who would've thought?

Makes sensible people wonder who the oppressive party really is and has always been 😎

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

. You do realize that amazon gets virtual subsidies via mail delivery of its products

You do realize that's the only thing keeping the post office in business...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Tell me again how that’s free market and a fair playing field for smaller businesses... why are people being apologists for a giant tech company’s virtual monopoly, in apparent mutual collusion with a gov org?
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Tell me again how that’s free market and a fair playing field for smaller businesses... why are people being apologists for a giant tech company’s virtual monopoly, in apparent mutual collusion with a gov org?
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Tell me again the last time there was a free market without the government picking winners and losers? If you can't, then you know why it's disingenuous to imply that any of the current situation is anything but created by market interventionalist policies intended to protect us from exactly the things they end up creating.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no such thing as a natural free market. Markets are man made. At any time the market will either be completely dominated by controlling interests, manipulating it for their own benefit, or it will be regulated by government. Government regulations are the only ways to keep massive wealthy powers in check. At no time will a market without regulations exist where those amassing wealth and power will not try to take it over.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
But again, this response too is disingenuous. I’m sincerely confused why a month ago y’all were criticizing corporate welfare and such, and individuals such as Bezos who with his Wa Post spread dishonest propaganda usually against you guys. Now it sounds like the script is flipped...

Moreover, your and the other poster’s reply are moving the goal posts. My point was that Amazon or bezos have not made this money in a vacuum and through pure honest effort. That’s what your narrative requires.

My point stands strong.
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The only reason why businesses exist is to make profit. If Jeff Bezos hadn't thought that he could make a profit in the internet sales game, he never would have started Amazon in the first place. The same goes for every other small business that eventually grew itself into a corporate leviathan. At some point, one person thought he or she could make a profit with either a good or service and took the risk to get into business and try to do just that. Without that profit incentive, there was no real reason for them to do it.

There is a difference between a company that makes a moderate profit and one that makes exceptionally high profit compared to cost of goods.

For instance, most companies make in the vicinity of 10% profit above cost of goods.

In the 4th quarter of 2018, Amazon's profit percentage went from 60% to 130%.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
LOL.

Roseanne Barr took to her YouTube channel to slam Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, calling her a “Farrakhan loving…bug-eyed bitch.”
www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join