It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez on Amazon's 3 Billion Dollar Tax Break

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says the $3 Billion in tax breaks that Amazon apparently won't be using should be used for other funding like teachers and subway upgrades.

She apparently does not understand that tax breaks given to companies are not income or payouts to begin with !! 😎

Amazon has reportedly withdrawn from the New York deal anyway.

The new government arithmetic is confusing isn't it 😆

AOC Celebrates "Defeat" Of World's Richest Man's "Worker Exploitation" As Amazon Abandons NY

She added that if New York had $3 billion to give away to Amazon as a part of this deal, it should be able to find the money to pay teachers and fix the subway.

She starts around 5:40..

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Where's the smoking gif

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hahaha

You must really want to argue

Funny

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm dumber than her sometimes.

Must be contaminating !! 😀

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Where's the smoking gif

well I think of it when I think of xuen and OCD...
I mean ocasio..

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
AOC is the worlds biggest dumb snip.

No effing money was given to Amazon.

They effing earned it.

edit on 15-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

She apparently does not understand that tax breaks given to companies are not income or payouts to begin with !!

And she majored in International Relations and Economics?!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I hate when corporations bully government in to corporate welfare on such a massive scale and then want to pay their employees peanuts so they to can collect their meager welfare benefits
MAGA?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

perhaps they could just split all that cash up and give it to the folks who would have otherwise worked at that facility. I know I had planned on moving until they backed out. I wonder where they keep all that cash?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

She apparently does not understand that tax breaks given to companies are not income or payouts to begin with !!

And she majored in International Relations and Economics?!

She majored in Stoop and has a minor in id.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I hate when corporations bully government in to corporate welfare on such a massive scale and then want to pay their employees peanuts so they to can collect their meager welfare benefits
MAGA?

While I'm not a fan of the model, and the thought process behind it, which is the following (but politicians don't phrase it like this). "We'll give a tax break so we can have the corporation come in, and with the 40,000 jobs, we'll have 40,000 dollars paying local and/or state tax".

That's not MAGA though pal, that's been going on for ages, and is done at the local and or state level.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Amazon set their own minimum wage at $15/hr, isn't that what so many people protested for? Go figure, you get $15 and then want more, here's my shocked face.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But it's 40,000 people paying income, and property taxes times the 6 degrees of separation spending money that other business that have employees also pay income and property taxes to the tune of $27 billion dollars.

On top of the TAXES AMAZON pays the fed's.

ALL those people get tax breaks just like Amazon.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I get it.

I just don't like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Amazon has a 0.00 tax bill this year....

Link

Those wondering how many zeros Amazon, which is valued at nearly $800 billion, has to pay in federal taxes might be surprised to learn that its check to the IRS will read exactly $0.00. According to a report published by the Institute on Taxation and Economic (ITEP) policy Wednesday, the e-tail/retail/tech/entertainment/everything giant won’t have to pay a cent in federal taxes for the second year in a row. This tax-free break comes even though Amazon almost doubled its U.S. profits from $5.6 billion to $11.2 billion between 2017 and 2018. To top it off, Amazon actually reported a $129 million 2018 federal income tax rebate—making its tax rate -1%.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Vote for people like her Democrats, the businesses will set up their businesses in areas where people want jobs instead of tax money to fund the wasteful spending practices of the tax crazed Democrats.

Sorry if I am a little cranky, I just went out and plowed a foot of snow off the driveway, I have been plowing or blowing snow for two weeks, we got 26 inches of snow a few days ago, and a foot and a half one day last week following a big ice storm. You can't even see the traffic on the roads, the banks are seven feet high now all over the place. I think the Democrats ordered the snow to combat global warming.

link   

On top of the TAXES AMAZON pays the fed's.

What taxes?

Amazon To Pay $0 In Federal Taxes In 2019: Report

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't like Cortez.

We each have our cross's to bear.

link   

Also, side note.

Amazon had major lobbying efforts to ensure that you would not have to pay sales tax for online transactions.

So most Amazon transactions are sales tax free, aka no state revenue for those sales.

While I like anyone else likes that sometimes I don't have to pay that sales tax, many businesses have gone under because of that advantage to online retailers.

It is what it is, and I owned my guilt in the matter, but at the end of the day, it does change revenue dynamics.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
AOC is the worlds biggest dumb snip.

No effing money was given to Amazon.

They effing earned it.

I heard the AOC was actually a genius.

She took a puzzle that said "3-5 years" on it and completed it in two weeks!!!

On topic, this is just typical for Progressives.

They lose a tax income not only from the company but the tax benefits of having 25,000 new workers that will live in the area because they don't think the company is "PC" enough.

In a city that is billions and billions short on tax revenues now.

Because oddly enough, everyone with a brain is moving out.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join