It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps first three National Emergencies...did you even know they existed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am all for amnesty for DACA.

Hell, I'm all for amnesty period, as long as they turn themselves in and haven't broken any other laws than coming here illegally.

But I am not for unsecured borders.

Secure the borders, then grant amnesty.

How hard is that?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I read what you said somebody would post. And when I replied I knew I would get some flak from you, but that doesn't change the fact that's it's the truth.

Tax's cuts are in place to help the economy and the average working American Citizen. Just because we got a tax break it doesn't mean the problems at the border are no longer costing us billions of dollars. We are still paying for it with our taxes and even worse what are taxes don't cover goes into our debt in one way or the other. Around 22 trillion last I looked.

You received 3 replies to your question about anybody being personally affected and skipped through all of the logical replies and took 1 and twisted it illogically.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Lets make this real simple. So you buy a house. On one side there is a house with a lot of drug dealing. Late hour cars playing music. But, a family lives there are there are usually 4 kids running around. They must be ok. One neighbor says they are ok but he hangs out there a lot. What do you do?

well A) I would not buy the house there... I live in the boondocks... which is why I said illegal immigrants do not affect me personally, the same that was said by many many users here about the furloughed govt. workers...

As far as the anti-trump mindset... for me and only me... I did not vote for him but when he won was slightly optimistic.
But the fact is the guy is a jackass. By his words alone he has no right to hold that office...

As far as the people you know that lost jobs to illegals, how many of those illegals came here legally first?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

You received 3 replies to your question about anybody being personally affected and skipped through all of the logical replies and took 1 and twisted it illogically.

nope... I answered all 3... 1 at a time you know... this aint twitter ...and how did I twist it?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

originally posted by: tinner07 ...the walls construction... The main reason I am against it is honestly I think he wants it as a monument to himself... that is it in a nutshell...

Beliefs such as this is why I will no longer allow the MSM to influence what I believe.

I do not watch any news other than the local weather... Just my belief after seeing the guy in action.. so your response I agree with, but because I am against something that you are for means my thinking must be caused by the MSM? seriously?

I mean that pretty much sums up the hypocritical thinking these days... if you do not agree with me you have been brainwashed lol

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The 1st National Emergency ?

Trump Syndicate Family members
Discovering the result ...

They can't believe it either !

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The moment I hit that post button the thought occurred to me, maybe this person does not watch the MSM and instantly I felt like a fool...

Sure enough that was true, in hindsight that post was a mistake and I do apologize.

Your response did cause me to wonder though, are we really "seeing the guy in action" or are we just seeing what we THINK is the real DJT.

Isn't everything we see coming through some form of bias whether good or bad?

Personally the issue I think everyone is missing is what is the real DJT like, what actually motivates him.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So if it is no big deal then why wait 2 yrs and only do it after starving a million people for a month? Why rant on and on ans crate a tremendous amount of stress for yourself and the country.

4d baby

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There is the chance this is a big deal and some are just attempting to downplay it. I am not sure if it is official yet. From what i understand when an emergency is declared the potus has to address the public and lay out exactly what special powers he will be invoking. I did not watch the presser so i do not know if this was done but i do not see this as just another emergency and he actually has the ability to evoke many powers if done including martial law. IMO The powers chosen will be the actual level of severity that history remembers. He could do many things with such like shut down all ports,detain any he chooses and even reroute industries.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And by the same token, Im sure there are many who resent paying taxes to a bloated military budget

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Setting up the pins before knocking them all down. When it turns out that people high up people are involved in human trafficking, all of their assets may be seized.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I agree, no argument here. I'm sure many people do resent it and I understand why, especially with the way all the wars have been going in recent memory. Unfortunately it cost alot of money to stay #1 on the world stage and there really is no easy solution to any of our major money problems.

edit on 2/15/2019 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What is crazy is the Dems left out DACA again AND asked for less beds.

The problem now with DACA is there was no oversight or real plan it was just to allow them in or stay and there are too many to try true amnesty. Very tricky.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-15T19:39:56-06:000756 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They have vastly reduced wage growth in the whole field of construction. People say they do the jobs Americans dont want to do, but it's about being able to do it at a liveable wage as it is an important function of society. Not only can you not afford the same wage with the taxes, the company owner doesnt have to provide workmans comp and changes insurance liability on a non existent employee. People of low quality are being promoted for the simple fact they can speak spanish and leads to poor quality control.

The housing bust hurt the market exponentially, but the worker supply and demand and undercutting have fundamentally slowed wage growth. Furthermore if we continue this and legalize them they will not longer subject themselves to the same jobs, the natural transition will be factories, big problem with the current projected growth of automation and robots.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: DBCowboy

What is crazy is the Dems left out DACA again AND asked for less beds.

The problem now with DACA is there was no oversight or real plan it was just to allow them in or stay.

It's because democrats don't care.

Just as long as they vote for leftists. . . .

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah, I worked at a few restaurants that were like that on Floridas West Coast. Actually all of them that were not chains. They hired Mexican and Croatians. All here illegally. I made more an hour but their checks were always bigger under the table.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

As far as the people you know that lost jobs to illegals, how many of those illegals came here legally first?

None. I have never had an issue with people who overstayed their VISA's or work permits and we used to get a lot from the Philippines and India when I worked for a software company about a decade ago. They came, worked and went home. If they were offered a job the company usually would help with immigration. That is the right way.

My analogy of the house was because many people think since the talking box said it is on the decline it must be ok. Optics and Interpretation.

Have I lost a job at one time to an illegal. Yes. I was hired in a restaurant as a prep cook. Had the job about 6 months. New chef came in and hired a new crew that was 80% illegal. They let 4 or 5 of us go and for our Salaries hired 8. It sucked.

The point of this thread those was to point out that the media is freaking out but he has already passed 3. The outrage is bull#.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I really understand were your coming from. Like I stated earlier I did construction to pay my way through college and I'm in the aerospace field now so I don't run into these issues anymore. But it really is a strange feeling when someone that's not a citizen makes the same as you and doesn't have to pay there "dues" per say. Maybe you understand the feeling I'm talking about. It's not that I'm racist or don't want the ones that are good hearted in the county, it just doesn't feel right. Alot of them are good hard working people just like you and I, but there are definitely some that are pure evil. And we cannot allow them in unchecked.

right there with you
edit on 2/15/2019 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You want it, you've got it!

Before I moved to Kentucky I lived in Texas. I was affected in many ways- some bad, some good- by illegal aliens. First let me explain a few things: Most illegal aliens purchase fake ID and Social Security cards or most wouldn't be able to get jobs. Employers hire them because they believe they are legally entitled to work in the US. Yes, they take jobs from citizens. My ex was one of 2 token white guys working for a construction company that employed at least 100 Mexican employees who had Green Cards, Texas driver license and SS cards. When the company got raided by immigration it turned out that only 15 of the guys were using actual real ID and SS cards and the rest were fake. The company was shut down, work at the time was scarce and we nearly lost our house and car because of it.

Now fast forward a little bit: My ex and I were splitting up and jobs were extremely scarce at the time. After 3 months of hitting the pavement every single day, all day I was able to get a job at a restaurant 10 miles away in the next town. Management and wait staff were all citizens but kitchen staff and bus staff were all illegal aliens except for one and only one guy. Right after I moved to Kentucky the restaurant (and another owned by the same company) were raided and shut down. Even though I was no longer there my nephew lost his job and one of my nieces who worked at the other restaurant lost her job. Both had to move back home with their parents.

Now as recently as last year: Guy I grew up with, families sharing holiday meals together, catching the school bus together every day, went to church together, etc. Still good friends and stay in touch. Last year he lost his home and then his wife because of it. Why? Can't beat the bids of illegal Mexican crews who aren't paying taxes or insurance on painting and drywall jobs. When I still lived there they canvassed whole neighborhoods offering work on anything and everything at rock bottom prices that no contractor doing it the legal way can beat. Painting, drywall, roofing, tree work, landscaping, masonry, building... you name it- they will beat any price.

Let's flash back again to when I was still with the ex: He'd work out of town often (common in construction work) so when payday rolled around I'd go to Western Union to send him money. Every time I'd have to wait in long line for at least an hour or better due to non-English speaking illegals wiring money back to their home countries. Spending as little as possible in the USA their illegally begotten money mostly goes to another country. It took forever because very rarely did any of them speak any English whatsoever.

Now for the perks of so many illegal aliens: You can get the best tamales you've ever eaten in your life for a little bit of nothing any day of the week from an old Mexican guy parked on the shoulder of any 2 lane highway in Texas!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Personally the issue I think everyone is missing is what is the real DJT like, what actually motivates him.

I think we see it... In his tweets... The real DJT is not going to stand up in front of a camera and say what he tweets... He is a coward... does not want to be held responsible for what he says, so he tweets it... Just not like too long ago when he tweeted something incriminating but said it was his lawyer that tweeted it... so he admitted that the twitter the real donald trump is not the real donald trump... He wants a legacy.... he thinks he will go down in history like Washington and Jefferson and Lincoln.... that is what he wants

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join