It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps first three National Emergencies...did you even know they existed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To attempt to fund border security for the United States Donald Trump has declared he will put into effect a National Emergency. Suddenly, Congress is up in arms. The media is going nuts. Hollywood is stating he is a tyrannt and should not have the ability but...

He has already done it 3 times. Now, what he did it for will also blow the narrative they promote about him which is probably why you have not heard about them.

Dec 20, 2017 - The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption imposed sanctions on the Myanmar general for his role persecuting Rohingya Muslims.

Adding sanctions for persecuting Muslims. That does not sound like Trump but it was.

Sept 12, 2018: The National Emergency With Respect to Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election attempted to prevent any meddling with the 2018 midterm elections amid the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Imposing and Threatening Sanctions for those would want to meddle in our elections? But I thought he was in bed with the Russians?

Nov 27, 2018: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua was declared by President Trump in response to violence and the Ortega regime’s “systematic dismantling and undermining of democratic institutions and the rule of law” that constitutes an “unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States.”

The president is protecting 'brown people rapists and murderers"????

Yes. As you can see three of the constant narratives against the president are fully shown to be not truthful although Congress people, other elected officials and Government Alphabet agencies continue to state otherwise.

This is all a show by the media and Congress to make it look like a Trump loss but anyone who does a little research and takes a look for real will see he is just doing what he has already done, 3 times, and it is for the security of our nation. Other nations can be protected but ours cannot.

Liberal Logic at its best. Here is a list of all that have been signed since the NSA in the 70's.

abcnews.go.com...

And, here come the Dems....

Link

More than 50 previous presidential emergency declarations have survived sporadic complaints from Congress in the past, including a dozen by President Barack Obama. The U.S. Supreme Court has never invalidated one.

House Democrats began a push Friday to call for a Joint Resolution, using votes in the House and Senate, to override the president. It's a move permitted under the National Emergencies Act, a post-Watergate law that Trump used on Friday.

Trumping Trump, however, would require supermajorities in both halves of Congress – an impossibly tall order. 'We call upon our Republican colleagues to join us to defend the Constitution,' Schumer and Pelosi said Friday, likely referring to a resolution introduced by Reps. Joaquin Castro and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

They are simply showing they are wasting more time and tax payer dollars to obstruct than create for our country.
edit on Febam28amf0000002019-02-15T11:34:01-06:001101 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
MSM convulsions in high gear already 😆

The payoffs are in jeopardy 😆

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now, what is even better that I did not include in the OP is that when they try to knock down this National Emergency Act Mr Trump can simply use one that was signed by Obama for the same thing based on criminal activity.

July 25, 2011: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Transnational Criminals was in response to the rise in crime by specific organizations: Los Zetas (Mexico), The Brothers’ Circle (former Soviet Union countries), the Yakuza (Japan), and the Camorra (Italy).

He specifically said...

I therefore determine that significant transnational criminal organizations constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, and hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

So, it was OK for him. Now, this is still in effect. Still in effect because of Mr Trump.

Link

The activities of significant transnational criminal organizations continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13581 of July 24, 2011, and the measures adopted on that date to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond July 24, 2017.

Once again, he is using existing laws as the basis for his moving forward with policy.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You forgot him tweeting.

That was his first one

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Here ya go Matafuchs. Because it's Friday and all...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

'll give you a star on that one....

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-15T12:08:10-06:001210 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The fact is illegal immigration is a national crisis here in the US forced upon each and every taxpayer needlessly paying for it. The unsustainable burden on our healthcare system and welfare programs alone should be grounds for emergency action. It's gone on too long and I'm thankful that Trump is working towards remedying it as soon as possible. Your personal feelings towards Trump be damned, this is one issue we should back him on!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Interesting to see that Obama never did a national emergency declaration for a domestic crisis... instead he just let the illegal immigrants keep on flowing.

So he was much more interested in "globally" then "nationally."

Glad he's out and let's finally fix something that nobody has tried to fix since Reagan.

Who was left out of that chart....

edit on 15-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ya know...if in the beginning Trump had just said something like

'and as president i'm going to increase funding for border security and secure funding to improve existing and create new barriers at the border'

instead of....

(I'm paraphrasing)

'Imma build a mutha#in wall bitches....# yeah...and Mexico's gonna pay for that # and suck my dick after.'

The last couple months probably wouldn't have happened and the wall would've been under construction for the last two years.
edit on 15/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here is what I find kind of amazing... During the last Govt. shutdown, what was it? several hundred thousand employees furloughed without pay...

The majority of you here said that their losing their job temporarily did not affect you so you did not care...

How many of you are actually affected by illegal immigrants? Like actually affected as in one mugged me or stole my job hanging drywall or the pooped in my trash can? I will bet none... Yet you say we need this wall to stop the few that actually do hike across the desert and cross clandestinely...or drive their vans containing kidnap victims bound with blue tape...

So I am going to go out on a limb and say you say we need this wall because you support trump and he says it so... And thats ok... that is your right...

I am sure somebody will come along and say we are all affected because illegals are a burden on our welfare system... ok..

Many of you said that the 5.7 billion dollars trump wanted was equivalent to like 50 bucks out of an average household income...
Now we know for a fact that the majority of illegals came here legally and are already here so a wall will do nothing about them,

So the few that would travel across the desert attempting to enter clandestinely in the night that get stopped by this wall... If the wall were not there, and 100% of those few got in and immediately started collecting welfare benefits... what the cost be equivalent to an average household? a couple bucks?

I am all for border security... build more of the fences we have... ad High tech gadgets... What I am not for is a giant concrete wall... And I will be truthful and tell you why... It is not really about the money... throw 10 billion at it and odds are it wont affect my life at all... don't, won't affect me... stop 10,000 illegals from collecting welfare, won't affect me or anybody... either way it will not affect anybody not financially tied to the walls construction...

The main reason I am against it is honestly I think he wants it as a monument to himself... that is it in a nutshell... honest answer

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I would say every single working American has been effected. Don't believe me? Grab your pay stub and look at this little thing called federal income tax. How do you think all these agencies, jails, housings are paid for?

5.7Billion is a good price to pay to help reduce the hundreds of billions were spending on this problem. It's just good business sense if nothing else. Think of it as an investment. A good one at that.

I'm sure the family of 4 who were killed by illegal immigrants on the highway in my town were very effected by it. They rammed the wrong car off the road and murdered 2 adults and 2 children that were completely innocent. Being as it was 2 miles from my home it definitely effected me personally, I'll never leave my gun at home ever again.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Here is what I find kind of amazing... During the last Govt. shutdown, what was it? several hundred thousand employees furloughed without pay...

The majority of you here said that their losing their job temporarily did not affect you so you did not care...

How many of you are actually affected by illegal immigrants? Like actually affected as in one mugged me or stole my job hanging drywall or the pooped in my trash can? I will bet none... Yet you say we need this wall to stop the few that actually do hike across the desert and cross clandestinely...or drive their vans containing kidnap victims bound with blue tape...

So I am going to go out on a limb and say you say we need this wall because you support trump and he says it so... And thats ok... that is your right...

I am sure somebody will come along and say we are all affected because illegals are a burden on our welfare system... ok..

Many of you said that the 5.7 billion dollars trump wanted was equivalent to like 50 bucks out of an average household income...
Now we know for a fact that the majority of illegals came here legally and are already here so a wall will do nothing about them,

So the few that would travel across the desert attempting to enter clandestinely in the night that get stopped by this wall... If the wall were not there, and 100% of those few got in and immediately started collecting welfare benefits... what the cost be equivalent to an average household? a couple bucks?

I am all for border security... build more of the fences we have... ad High tech gadgets... What I am not for is a giant concrete wall... And I will be truthful and tell you why... It is not really about the money... throw 10 billion at it and odds are it wont affect my life at all... don't, won't affect me... stop 10,000 illegals from collecting welfare, won't affect me or anybody... either way it will not affect anybody not financially tied to the walls construction...

The main reason I am against it is honestly I think he wants it as a monument to himself... that is it in a nutshell... honest answer

Yes, as a young man I ran a concrete crew. The owners replaced valuable members of my crew for illegal Mexicans being paid under the table to save some money. Eventually, my lack of Spanish lead me leave. Fast forward a few decades I lost my job at Medicaid because I upset an eavesdropping Latina co-worker that accused me of racism because I told a DHS employee we had. I plans for illegal immigrants instead of using the term "undocumented". They let me go because she threatened the use of social media unless I was fired. In short, you're damn right I have.
edit on 15-2-2019 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Lets make this real simple.

So you buy a house. On one side there is a house with a lot of drug dealing. Late hour cars playing music. But, a family lives there are there are usually 4 kids running around. They must be ok. One neighbor says they are ok but he hangs out there a lot.

What do you do?

a) Nothing
b) Build a six foot concrete wall
c) Build a concrete wall and add cameras/drones
d) Build a concrete wall, add cameras/drones and some firearms

I mean, it is not like it is happening on your property...or is it when you go to bed. They park on your grass. Throw their trash. If you have a family you might be scared but they have a family too so they must be ok.

This is the anti-trump mindset and it is being pushed on a new generation that illegal immigration is ok and since levels are lower we are good.

Personally, I live in FL. I have seen many guys I know kicked from jobs for cheaper labor under the table in restaurants, citrus packers, construction, manufacturing. Any place that is not 'corporate run' will find some illegals. Even people who do not like them and voted for Trump hire them because they are there.

If they weren't they would still need employees and would employee citizens.

It is not just about a wall. That is one part of a larger presence. The point is what we have is not working and we need to start somewhere.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-15T15:58:40-06:000340 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-15T15:59:09-06:000309 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I remember Obama declared a National Emergency to help an Africa country near his birthplace and the media thought that was great.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Treasure coast, FL here. Good point, almost all construction crews here are made up of illegals. Between the ages of 18-20 I worked with my father in-law doing block work to pay my way through college. The crew had about 12 people and only 3 were American. Only 2 of the Spanish workers were here legally. I used to get upset to because they would get paid cash and I was forced to take a check with taxes taken out.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I captured one urinating in the yard several years ago while living in Oxford, Ohio. Marched him to two nearby police officers. It was then we discovered that he was here illegally. Nothing major like a robbery, but it exists.

I also know of a small town in North Carolina where the hand painted signs outside of restaurants even have the days of the week in Spanish advertising the daily specials. None of the menu hard traditional southern dishes that I saw. Again nothing major, other than the comment from the post master there telling me unless I spoke fluent Spanish that I was better off getting lunch in some other town since I didn’t look like I would fit in here.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

I would say every single working American has been effected. Don't believe me? Grab your pay stub and look at this little thing called federal income tax. How do you think all these agencies, jails, housings are paid for?

I said somebody would say that didn't I? ... But we just got a reduction in our income tax didn't we? You remember the tax break? So how does that work?

Maybe you were not one of the ones who claimed that the hundreds of thousands of federal workers who got furloughed did not affect them so they did not care... But I bet it did affect every single American as well... in ways we do not see.

I do know that the highly touted tax break did not change my life. Did it yours?

Do you think if you woke tomorrow and there was a 30 foot tall concrete wall being built somewhere it would affect your life?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
...the walls construction... The main reason I am against it is honestly I think he wants it as a monument to himself... that is it in a nutshell...

Beliefs such as this is why I will no longer allow the MSM to influence what I believe.

If the 'news' is telling us something, I'm going with EXACTLY the opposite.

In U.S. Army Intelligence, I was trained that the truth most often lies in the exact opposite direction of the public rhetoric. You must learn this technique if you are to successfully glean the truth from news reports.

LEARNING TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

OK... sorry about your situation brother, and that is what I asked, personally affected... That is one...

Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting illegals.... the DACA kids is another story for another thread...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I only knew of the first national emergency and that was the day cheetolini was elected

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join