It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiotic Democrat argument

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I learned something new today. obama signed a whole bunch of so-called national emergency acts. They were to benefit Lbya, Yemen, Nicarauga, Venezuela, Sudan, Ukraine, Burundi, and a host of others.

How exactly is something happening in Burundi a national emergency here?

On the other hand, a large percentage of the people illegally crossing our border right now have tuberculosis. There is no vaccine for that. Some have small pox, polio, and a stunning variety of other diseases. That alone constitutes a national emergency in my opinion. Not to mention the effect of those illegals on our economy, the crime, etc.

Trump also signed a declaration of national emergency to prevent foreign influence on our elections. Funny, you don't hear many democrats talking about that one...
edit on 16-2-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Isn't 'idiotic' and 'democrat' a double negative? In this day and age it is the same thing...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

yea me too

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I keep hearing this argument from leftists and it is one of the most asinine arguments I've ever heard.

It goes something like this. There is no crisis at the border, crime and illegal immigration is down from a few years ago.

How stupid do you have to be to make this argument? This argument is akin to saying "My house is flooded 4 feet deep, but it's not an emergency because six years ago it flooded 6 feet deep".

You aren't very smart. Illegal immigration isn't a NATIONAL EMERGENCY. That is justified by illegal immigration being on decline for 10 years now. You can't call it an emergency. Whereas the frequency of MASS SHOOTINGS are rising every single year, yet nothing is done. A national emergency is supposed to be about an imminent threat (ie terror attack or natural disaster) and that is simply not the case. If it were rising every year and there was no end in sight, I'd agree it could become an emergency, but right now it's not, plus 60% of those immigrants come via plane, so the border is barely even relevant. I could see doing this 10 years ago, but now? It's dumb.

Your analogy is dog crap. Just more conservative whining after getting owned in arguments.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OP, it's actually worse than you think.

Illegal Immigration is NOT down. The number that is tracked to determine the number of illegals is actually how many we deport at the border, or turn around.

Since 2000, this number has gone down, yes. But that does not tell the true story of it.

The numbers are down not because there are fewer illegal immigrants, but rather because we are forced to accept more (and therefore deport less). With immigrants claiming refugee status, loopholes in our lax immigration laws and chain migration, we're forced to bring in more and more every single year.

The Democrat lobbyists want this and the Republican lobbyists want this, who are really one and the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

" Idiotic Democrat argument "

We Demand to be taken Seriously .............NOT .

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
OP, it's actually worse than you think.

Illegal Immigration is NOT down. The number that is tracked to determine the number of illegals is actually how many we deport at the border, or turn around.

FALSE:

www.pewhispanic.org...

It's not just arrests or deportations. Illegal immigration has been declining AS A WHOLE since around 2008. The chart doesn't show the last 2 years, but the decline continued. Near the year 2000, there were much more arrests and deportations, but illegal immigration was lower than it is today. It peaked in 2007 and has gone down steadily since. Not only that a smaller percentage of them come from Mexico now.

It's funny because all you hear these days is the same tireless rhetoric that liberals want open borders, yet illegal immigration went down for all of Obama's presidency.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Toothache

Here's another Gem .........

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It goes something like this. There is no crisis at the border, crime and illegal immigration is down from a few years ago.

Who is saying that? There are a lot of things that could be labeled a crisis in the U.S. - from drugs, murder, homelessness, droughts, and so on. People are saying it's not a !!NATIONAL EMERGENCY!! Because.. it's not. It's ironic that the border is the real emergency.. when MORE illegals are in this country due to expired work visas.

The only reason it is being labeled as such is because Trump is unable to accept No as an answer (he has spent his life surrounded by yes! minions), and because he is as political as a drunk potato, and has no idea how to work through congress for.. anything. Thus his laughable # of executive orders (which he harassed Obama for repeatedly), and now, this sudden national emergency.

Put it this way - if this was actually a national emergency, he would / should have declared it as such the 1st day he was in office, if he really felt that way. It suddenly became one the moment he couldn't get a deal done? What a joke.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join