It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiotic Democrat argument

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I keep hearing this argument from leftists and it is one of the most asinine arguments I've ever heard.

It goes something like this. There is no crisis at the border, crime and illegal immigration is down from a few years ago.

How stupid do you have to be to make this argument? This argument is akin to saying "My house is flooded 4 feet deep, but it's not an emergency because six years ago it flooded 6 feet deep".

How can someone be so idiotic as to make that argument.

Just because everyone has been willing to wade through the 6 feet of water in the past and ignore that it is a crisis does NOT mean that the 4 feet of flooding now is NOT STILL a CRISIS....

Jaden

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: proximo

Most drugs are coming and going through ports of entry.
This is a true statement

Most drugs that are being found are coming through ports of entry.

Think harder.

Lets be honest here. Homeland security is the one saying most drugs are coming through the ports of entry. I also recently watched a documentary on the cartels, and they actually embedded within the cartel, and the cartel men stated they sent the majority through the ports and he showed how they did it. They simply hid them under the interior car panels - and 9 out of 10 plus go through the border ports of entry without issue. They are more than willing to lose some this way since it is so easy.

But - and I don't think many people understand this - this budget deal did just allocate billions towards improving the port of entry detection of drugs - so hopefully it should be much harder to get them through so easily soon.

You know what that means - the wall will become more important because it will again be easier to take them through the desert if there is no wall.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes i have studied the national emergencies. None compare to this level of pettiness.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The fact is illegal immigration is a national crisis here in the US that every taxpayer is needlessly paying for. The added burden on our healthcare and welfare programs alone should be grounds for an emergency. It needs to be remedied as soon as possible and whether you like Trump or not, this is one issue anyone who cares for our country should back him on.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

LOL that is magnificent.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: proximo

??Your house is not the border.

Stats do show that the numbers are down.

One will have a heck of a time convincing a judge that there is an emergency now.

The numbers being down has nothing to do with something being an emergency.

If an army of 1 million is invading your territory, or one of 800,000 is invading - they are both emergencies.

Trying to get the problem solved through congress first - which is the way the government is supposed to work, then resorting to declaring an emergency because they will not do their job does not mean it's not an emergency, just that he was trying to solve the problem the way the system is supposed to work.

YEA NO

There is no army invasion. There is no invasion. There are people coming and claiming asylum just as they always have.

Feelings do not convince judges they are being rained on as someone pisses on their head.

It will take facts and there is a severe shortage of them on the side of claiming an emergency.

I can take you to a place not 10 min from my house and we can see all these so called asylum seekers walking through areas not protected.

Just
with the asylum seeker b.s.

Hey do not shoot the messenger. Asylum is the cover for many people choosing to cross.

I am interested in that 10min trip. Perhaps you could take some video and maybe get an interview?

Sure, interview someone running away or trying to kill me, lol.

Lol, you are a messenger of fake info.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Its more than just the current influx of illegals. Its the cumulative effect of decades of looking the other way while their numbers grew to unsustainable levels. We reached a tipping point long ago. Illegals cost this nation billions upon billions of dollars every year. They influence our elections by taking part in a process reserved for legal citizens. The list goes on and on. I have no doubt the declaration of crisis was the right ting to do in light of congressional inaction on this matter. My concern is not that it was an illegal overreach of power but that it was too little, too late.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

So the right has you deathly afraid of people? So much that you just label them all as being corrupt and out to get you?

You offered a 10 min ride to show such and then say no you cant do it then call me fake news?

Since you brought it up then just retract it or film them from a distance.

Do you have any proof these people are criminals?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So the right has you deathly afraid of people? So much that you just label them all as being corrupt and out to get you?

You offered a 10 min ride to show such and then say no you cant do it then call me fake news?

Who said anything about being afraid?

If you come down to southern AZ let me know, I will meet you at a local diner and you can follow me to some locations and you can take all the vids you like.

Innocent people do not cross the border illegally.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Most drugs are coming and going through ports of entry.
This is a true statement

this one is another favorite. Since that is true, it totally negates any and all illegal crossings. But wait, before you answer, you will also have to figure that more illegals overstay their VISA's, so that negates the crime coming trough the border crossings. Oh, and they have numbers for how many cross where there are not barriers. (as if that is a known factor)

Leftovers are a special kind of daft.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You do not need me to get the evidence you claim. I think you were just rambling on.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We are not afraid of them.

We don't want to pay for welfare, healthcare, and schooling for non citizens. Also we don't want known criminals coming into the country because it makes it more dangerous. Do we have proof they are criminals - well yeah they were convicted for crimes in the countries they are coming from - those are the people we want excluded from coming in or deported.

We also want our laws to be followed - allowing widespread breaking of the law leads to governments breaking down.

Also - we do not need more low skilled workers when low skilled workers are in the process of being put out of jobs by robots and AI. This is a F'ng huge problem that most people simply don't understand.

I personally love Mexicans in general - they are for the most part extremely hard working good people.

Anybody that looks at opposition to illegal immigration as simply due to racism is an ignorant fool.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You do not need me to get the evidence you claim. I think you were just rambling on.

Stay blind, the msm needs people like you.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

We don't want to pay for welfare, healthcare, and schooling for non citizens.

That is a government problem not an immigrant problem. You should not have to pay for things you do not want too. Taking out your frustrations out on the public is not the answer in the long run cause the gov. waste fraud and abuse continues on unchecked and no wall is gonna fix the problems you list.

Focus your anger at the real problems.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Dems' current agenda has everything to do with building a voter base. Look here:

www.youtube.com...

Cheers y'all

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Yet there was zero mention of getting voter id laws passed with the new budget and border security just signed. They failed to pass it when they had majority in house and senate and they keep funding democratic policies and foundations.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

We don't want to pay for welfare, healthcare, and schooling for non citizens.

That is a government problem not an immigrant problem. You should not have to pay for things you do not want too. Taking out your frustrations out on the public is not the answer in the long run cause the gov. waste fraud and abuse continues on unchecked and no wall is gonna fix the problems you list.

Focus your anger at the real problems.

Huh? Non citizens should not be entitled to tax dollars period.

We have 22 trillion dollars worth of debt and don't have the money we need for the legal citizens we have, let alone paying for illegal ones.

This will especially be the case when 40% of the population no longer has jobs in 20 years as many university studies have stated due to automation. You think we have the money to pay for an additional 40% of our population to go on welfare?

You think it is wise to bring in more people just to put them on welfare?

edit on 15-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I wouldn't waste your time on him.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So what is to be done to stop the majority of the drugs and the majority of the illegals.
Wall covers the small numbers

What's your idea for the rest

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I didn't say it negates it.
I said a wall wouldn't so much to stop the majority of the issue.

So what should be done about the majority of the problem?

Everyone just glosses over that

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join