It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiotic Democrat argument

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I keep hearing this argument from leftists and it is one of the most asinine arguments I've ever heard.

It goes something like this. There is no crisis at the border, crime and illegal immigration is down from a few years ago.

How stupid do you have to be to make this argument? This argument is akin to saying "My house is flooded 4 feet deep, but it's not an emergency because six years ago it flooded 6 feet deep".

How can someone be so idiotic as to make that argument.

Just because everyone has been willing to wade through the 6 feet of water in the past and ignore that it is a crisis does NOT mean that the 4 feet of flooding now is NOT STILL a CRISIS....

Jaden

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I guess if they actually counted all the fake IDs, Social Security numbers, drivers licenses, illegal entry and so on...crime would actually be exponentially up.

Of course, if you or I stole an identity, or used a false social security... hell to pay.

The whole thing is a big roll o baloney

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Remember: "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." One kid in a cage vs. a thousand children trafficked. A single incident will generate sweeping policy, or a lack thereof, but a long-term epidemic will not.

edit on 15-2-2019 by FataMorgana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yawn....

House construction + flood plain = stupid

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I keep hearing this argument from leftists and it is one of the most asinine arguments I've ever heard.

It goes something like this. There is no crisis at the border, crime and illegal immigration is down from a few years ago.

How stupid do you have to be to make this argument? This argument is akin to saying "My house is flooded 4 feet deep, but it's not an emergency because six years ago it flooded 6 feet deep".

Just because everyone has been willing to wade through the 6 feet of water in the past and ignore that it is a crisis does NOT mean that the 4 feet of flooding now is NOT STILL a CRISIS....

Jaden

Why has it taken 2 years for him to declare a national emergency? Has it not been an emergency since he took office?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
??Your house is not the border.

Stats do show that the numbers are down.

One will have a heck of a time convincing a judge that there is an emergency now.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

Jaden

Why has it taken 2 years for him to declare a national emergency? Has it not been an emergency since he took office?

And this is the million dollar question that everyone decides not to see. To see this question and give it some thought would expose their cognitive dissonance.

BECAUSE:

Trump might have started out with good ole punk rock disrupter intentions - however - he was compromised at an early stage. He is a PUPPET. Just like all the presidents before him except for JFK. JFK said no thanks so they "fired him".

Anyways, the reason for the two year delay on doing anything about the wall is simple: Theater. As in WWF style theater.
Trump could have easily gotten the funds to build a wall around the entire country over the last two years - no obstructing. BUT that is not the "real goal". This is all a show. The only reason Trump is firing up "The Wall" now is because he knows it will be almost impossible. BUT IT LOOKS GREAT TO HIS BASE!

And the Opera continues...

edit on 15-2-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They also say illegal immigrants commit less crime than normal citizens - I don't believe that for a second but let's say it's true (because criminal activity is directly proportional to wealth and illegals crossing the border are mostly poor) - we are still letting in criminals for no reason other than they are able to walk across the border without anything to stop them.

They also say most drugs are coming through the ports of entry - we don't need a wall because it won't stop the majority of drugs.

They also say most illegal immigration is from visa overstays - we don't need a strong southern border to stop the rest.

The lesson you can easily draw from these statements is most democrats cannot think coherently apparently.
edit on 15-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

You should ask Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Clinton and the rest of the gang that voted to fund a Southern border WALL in 2006.

but no, our righteous indignation is only to be directed to the orange man.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Jaden

Because he was politically stupid enough that he thought he could reason with the Cult of the DNC.

After all, to normal people it is a simple fact... we need a southern border to address several issues.

Democrats have voted in the recent past FOR a wall and have stated on record that illegal immigration is a problem.

So what reasonable person wouldn't want to fix it?

He tried the political options.

Now it's time to just do it.

He wasn't elected to serve the Democrat's base, after all.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

They also say illegal immigrants commit less crime than normal citizens

By definition, 100% of ILLEGAL aliens are criminals.

Since them just being here is in itself a crime.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I've never heard one ever make an intelligent argument.

And I'm old.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: DoubleDNH

You should ask Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Clinton and the rest of the gang that voted to fund a Southern border WALL in 2006.

but no, our righteous indignation is only to be directed to the orange man.

Funding the wall is a regular exercise that both parties do every few years. It provides further funding for improvements, repairs, staffing. expenses, etc.

What Trump promised to do was to build and actual continuous wall along our entire southern border. Something that was always unthinkable and deemed unnecessary and un-American.
He could have done it over the last two years but - since he is a compromised puppet of the new world order (like everyone before him) then we move this scene over to today, where there is no way that it will ever get "done" the way he promised it would.

edit on 15-2-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: proximo

They also say illegal immigrants commit less crime than normal citizens

By definition, 100% of ILLEGAL aliens are criminals.

Since them just being here is in itself a crime.

I know that - but even if you ignore that and pretend that is not a crime(what the Dem's think) it's an idiotic argument because letting in any convicted criminals is worse than near 0 that a wall + good border security would allow.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Jaden

Because he was politically stupid enough that he thought he could reason with the Cult of the DNC.

After all, to normal people it is a simple fact... we need a southern border to address several issues.

Democrats have voted in the recent past FOR a wall and have stated on record that illegal immigration is a problem.

He is also dealing with sellouts in his own party that don't want the wall too. McConnell et al are undermining him every chance they get.

Remember, NONE of the Republican challengers and the establishment had sh*t to say about illegal immigration until Trump brought it up. For the most part, they were going in lock step with Democrats. In fact, this single issue is what rocketed Trump to the front of the polls and really woke up his base.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I've never heard one ever make an intelligent argument.

And I'm old.

I always wondered what the "96" was for

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's the number of Democrats I have locked up in the basement that I torture with country music.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Jaden

He is also dealing with sellouts in his own party that don't want the wall too. McConnell et al are undermining him every chance they get.

Remember, NONE of the Republican challengers and the establishment had sh*t to say about illegal immigration until Trump brought it up. For the most part, they were going in lock step with Democrats. In fact, this single issue is what rocketed Trump to the front of the polls and really woke up his base.

Quite true... look at the recent Republican voting on the disaster that is the current spending bill.

The Republican party is just as deep into needing illegal immigration as the Democratic business owners are.

More and more realize that... the voters.

edit on 15-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's the number of Democrats I have locked up in the basement that I torture with country music.

May I recommend a 48 hour loop of the top 10 Ben Shapiro YouTubes...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
??Your house is not the border.

Stats do show that the numbers are down.

One will have a heck of a time convincing a judge that there is an emergency now.

Doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things, if it fails through Trumps done everything a President can do to get it built. It just motivates the right to get out and vote for him in 2020.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join