It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This May Be One Of The Greatest, Little Known Conspiracies in History!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

...hopefully you will see a key [in the layout of Bath, UK]! In Washington DC, there are other buildings that signify Phi, like The Pentagon, ground breaking on 11th September 1941 and aligned to Alnilam, there are other Phi connections to the Washington Monument with is also aligned to Alnilam, so the street plan pentagram isn't unique in Washington DC or controversial

What is the Phi/key connection and its relation to Alnilam?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason
Hi CanadianMason,
Please note i'm not Knocking Freemasons, i love both the Manitoba Building and the Capitol Building, this isn't as such a conspiracy but trying to get to the truth.
I told you to be wary of Frank Albo on the other thread, even if the Golden Boy isn't Hermes both statues are on the zenith of political buildings that have aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, it doesn't seem strange to me to align to the highest point.
Thanks for the picture but i'll find others, for i need to get off-topic for a while, and go to Bath UK, i'm sure you will like the magic carpet ride!

The Key shape is a masonic symbol but others use it as well including the Vatican, i will explain when i start on Bath.

edit on 18-2-2019 by Astronomer62 because: To add information

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

To say the Pentagram isn't in the streets of Washington DC representing PHI because it isn't complete isn't a reasonable answer....

Geometry demands absolute precision.

Just for fun and learning:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love 2 pentagrams 36 degrees apart and opposite in a circle myself, called a Golden Decagon, that shows the 3D Dodecahedron in the center, Plato loved it!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
So lets take another look at Frank Worthington Simon, it is highly probable he wasn't a freemason, he won a competition to be the architect for the Manitoba Building, but i would say a great deal of the symbolism was added, this building cost so much i feel others, being Freemasons and/or Politicians creating symbolism.
Quote in your link under "Freemasons" if you scroll down link.
"The committee that accepted Frank Worthington Simon as the architect included masons who were politicians, including the Premier Rodmond Roblin, the Minister of Public Works Colin Campbell, Deputy Minister Charles Dancer and Provincial Architect Victor Horwood, all of which were freemasons" which we are told didn't interfere with the plans [Words in bolding, mine] of a hugely expensive project....i see pigs flying!
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
Link to Frank Worthington Simon below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

Further to this the Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba joins the most Venerable Order of Saint John when accepting the office, not exactly Knight Templar but pretty close!!!!
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
I'll be back!

Indeed, that is true. What causes me to hesitate, however, on accepting that these Masons had any influence on Simon's design is the part where you quoted above, i.e.,

...all of which were freemasons" which we are told didn't interfere with the plans....
(Bolding mine)

Albo is correct in noting that the committee that had the final say over selecting the building's design—then-Premier Rodmond Roblin; Minister of Public Works, Colin Campbell; Deputy Minister Charles Dancer; and Provincial Architect Victor Horwood—were all freemasons. And granted, they did select the design, but there is no evidence that they had any input into that design.
[1] Bolding mine.
edit on 18-2-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Astro, I may be able to post a few more times before departing for Cuba on Wednesday for a week; otherwise, if I don't, it's because I won't be back until beginning of March. I'll 'see' you then in full regalia.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'll fire a few Cuban Missiles at you when you come back to smoke, enjoy Cuba!
Last post for me today, i am leaving a link for Bath for your interest:-
www.buildinghistory.org...

edit on 18-2-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Please note that a Key is a masonic symbol, www.masonicdictionary.com... , i have found a better picture of the key in the streets of Bath:-

edit on 19-2-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The above link will give the foundation stone date regarding the Circus as 7th Feb 1754, ancient Greek day marker was used at location, so was aligned by the previous sunset as Sirius rose, graph at bottom of thread section.
There are photos of Bath on link below, there are curious masonic symbols on freeze on buildings:-
www.amusingplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Please note that a Key is a masonic symbol, www.masonicdictionary.com... , i have found a better picture of the key in the streets of Bath:-

Hi Astro!

Today, at least, in every Masonic Lodge in the Jurisdiction in which I live, i.e., of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario, all Lodge Treasurers' collars include the crossed keys symbol. Here's a pic:

Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, in many respects regarded as a good source for interpreting Masonic symbols (yet is not relied upon exclusively by our Fraternity as an authoritative source), gives this interpretation of the Masonic Key as currently understood:

Thus in Isaiah (xxii, 22), it is said: "The key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulders; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open" Our Savior expressed a similar idea when he said to Saint Peter, "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven." It is in reference to this interpretation of the symbol, and not that of secrecy, that the key has been adopted as the official jewel of the Treasurer of a Lodge, because he has the purse, the source of power, under his command.
[1]

Keep in mind while you search for key symbols in the layout of locations like Bath that you should be looking for two crossed keys if you really want to match things one-for-one. The Bath layout does, indeed, appear as a 'key' (one key, not two keys crossing one another) from an aerial point of view. I would advise caution in reading too much into it. The Bath, U.K. key does not appear to be a Masonic symbol. We need to be very precise about these kinds of things or else we will be led astray or mislead others, too, which would do ourselves and others a disservice!

The meaning of the Masonic Key symbol has changed over time but, according to one Dr. Oliver, it seems to have been a moral reminder to Brethren contemplating it in his day (I think in the 18th or 19th century - I'd have to verify but I don't have time to right now) to "...keep a tongue of good report, and to abstain from the debasing vices of slander and defamation." [2]

It is reported by author J.F. Penn who, says he, walks through the Circus of Bath every day, that there are Masonic symbols there:

Freemasonry was used in the design. The layout of The Circus, Gay Street and Queen Square form a key, a common symbol in Freemasonry, representing power or hidden secrets. There are over 500 carved emblems along the frieze of the columns, including serpents, stone tablets of the 10 commandments, lightning bolts, and more.
[3]

I cannot verify this unless I were to visit the place myself or view some pictures of all of the carved emblems at Bath. Also, while I know that the clasp on my Masonic Apron is a serpent, I have no idea what it means! I have to do some research. I am not aware of the Ten Commandment Tablets or lightning bolts being used as Masonic symbols. It could very well be but I don't want to jump to any premature conclusions here. As Penn only mentions those three carvings, and does not provide pictures of them or any of the other over 497 carvings, it is impossible to do a proper analysis at this time.

That's it for now. I think this might be my last post until I return in March - unless I have some free time tonight before going to bed. I fly out of this frozen land tomorrow morning to where I will 'unplug' myself from technology for a while.

edit on 19-2-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

I thought i would give you some scholarly interpretation of Columbia, the female goddess that was changed as the centuries developed....

I think the New York Historical Society should be ok....

Yes, thank you, Astro. That's acceptable for the purpose.

Construction Superintendent Captain Montgomery Meigs, who was overseeing the artistic decoration of the Capitol extensions, had already engaged American sculptor Thomas Crawford....
[1]

This 'overseer' appears to have been concerned about 'too much' paganism in the design:

...Meigs wrote to the artist...,

"We have too many Washingtons, we have America in the pediment. Victories and Liberties are rather pagan emblems, but a Liberty I fear is the best we can get."
[2]

It would seem that the project's overseer and construction superintendant had some reservations about the statue being 'too pagan'. Paganism is an umbrella term for many variations of the 'Old Religion'. Would you agree that Hermeticism and Astrology are, both in their own 'occultic' ways, each aspects of pagan variations?

The artist/sculptor, Thomas Crawford, on the other hand, didn't seem to have such reservations.

Never trust an artist! LOL!

My point being that, the final section of the statue of Columbia (her head and shoulders) being raised on December 2, 1863 in conjunction with the rising of the Sun and Mercury/setting of Sirius on the same day may not have been intentional or Hermetically influenced - unless, of course, we can a) discover who planned the date for the ceremony and b) find out if this person was a member of some Hermetic Astrological Secret Society. Now THAT would be telling!

~~~

Back to 'Golden Boy'.

...changed as the centuries developed, a bit like the Golden Boy that was aligned to both Sirius and Alnilam on date, but please don't forget that the opening of the Manitoba building was also aligned to the date that Manitoba joined the confederation 50 years before.

The development of Columbia over time can be traced.

The 'Eternal Youth'/'Golden Boy' statue atop the Manitoba Legislative building has no obvious connection to the god, 'Mercury'/'Hermes', except for pose and colour. Perhaps the artist did draw inspiration for his sculpture from it but, I can't find an explicit reference.

'Eternal Youth'/'Golden Boy' was placed facing North. That makes sense since Canada is situated there. He carries a flaming torch in his raised right hand. Perhaps it represents a beacon of 'eternal light'? He also carries a sheaf of wheat under his right armpit. Have you seen the wheat fields in Manitoba? They are magnificent; thus, an appropriate symbol for the Province.

The immediate above is my interpretation. My point is that I don't see an Hermetic Astrological connection there.

I am still intrigued, however, that the building's opening ceremony date, July 15, 1920 (50 years after joining the Canadian Confederacy, as you pointed out), aligns with the stars we are interested in here. That does stump me.
Hi Canadian Mason, God and Goddess worship has always been an evolving situation.
Serapis was a mixture including Osiris:-
en.wikipedia.org...
And we had the Phoenician goddess Astarte, that the Greeks thought of as Aphrodite, that the Romans called Venus.
Then we get the curious mixture of Thoth/Hermes/Mercury:-
www.universaltheosophy.com...
Columbia was a mixture of goddesses that was special to the United States. I still think that the "Golden Boy" reminds me of Hermes but has had Canadian symbolism added. To be honest, i don't care if we exclude Hermes, what matters is the star alignments were at different phases of building. The House of the Temple looks very like parts of the Manitoba Building and that was aligned to Sirius three times!
Please don't say Freemasons were not involved in symbolism, and the fact to hit on days within each and every month, that can align to Sirius or Alnilam are under twice in 30 days...so odds of being by chance are not good!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Although suspect, a wiki answer could be right:-
masonic.wikidot.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Golden Boy/Eternal Youth and Manitoba Legislative Building

You wrote,

Please don't say Freemasons were not involved in symbolism, and the fact to hit on days within each and every month, that can align to Sirius or Alnilam are under twice in 30 days...so odds of being by chance are not good!

I can't take a solid position on the matter unless I am shown hard evidence that Freemasons were involved. You made the claim; therefore, the onus is on you to prove it. I don't have to show you that Freemasons were not involved. I'm not convinced that they were. Were some involved in picking the final design? Yes but, as I have pointed out, it is proclaimed that they did not interfere with the artist's work. That, to me, means that they did not have a hand in it. Is this true? I don't know. Are you trying to connect Freemasons to every instance where things align to Sirius and Alnilam? I'm sorry if I'm giving you a headache but, what would it mean to you if there was incontrovertible proof of a connection there? What conclusion would you then draw about Freemasons? That's what I want to know.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

'Key' of Bath

In an article, entitled, 'John Wood, Stonehenge and Freemasonry'[1], 'Sarsen.org' blog-author, Tim Daw writes regarding father and son, John Wood the Elder and John Wood the Younger respectively:

First, on JW the E: " ...many people who have studied his work [...] believe that he was a member of the organisation [i.e., Freemasonry], even though there is no documentary proof."

On both JW the E & Y: "It has been suggested that Wood (and his son, also John) were connected to Freemasonry either via one of their building partnerships and/or via symbolism in their architecture."

Daw does not provide evidence for either of his statements; rather, he admits "there is no documentary proof" for the first one; and as to the second, a suggestion is not a fact.

I think these architects expressed their interest in not just Freemasonry but also Druidism through their work in Bath but, that's about as much as I can accept. There is no proof Freemasons were behind the architectural design of the Circus and 'Key' of Bath; thus, by proxy, nor is there proof that the alignment with the stars in question on the day of the laying of its foundation stone in 1754 is in any way evidence of deliberation.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Masonic Serpent

[1]

Summary:

While neither the snake nor serpent appears in current masonic symbolism or ritual, many regalia-makers have used it to fashion the belt hook on masonic aprons. Intended as a symbol of wisdom, the eternal, the universe, the world or regeneration and rebirth, this usage has been singled out by some anti-masons as "proof" that the "Brotherhood of the Snake" worships Satan. All they have proved is their ignorance of its historical usage. Regalia makers quite probably simply adopted a common belt-hook used by manufacturers of clothing for British schoolboys.

Masonic Apron

[2]

Snake Clasp/Clothing for British Schoolboys

[3]

Snake Clasps were even used for Police and Military uniforms as can be read about here:

[4]

None of this, however, negates the possibility that the Woods architects and designers of the Circus and carvings at Bath may have drawn inspiration from the symbols of Freemasonry (and Druidism).

Admittedly, the star alignments/foundation stone 1754 do continue to stump me!

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I thought i would give you some scholarly interpretation of Columbia, the female goddess that was changed as the centuries developed....

I think the New York Historical Society should be ok....

Yes, thank you, Astro. That's acceptable for the purpose.

Construction Superintendent Captain Montgomery Meigs, who was overseeing the artistic decoration of the Capitol extensions, had already engaged American sculptor Thomas Crawford....
[1]

This 'overseer' appears to have been concerned about 'too much' paganism in the design:

...Meigs wrote to the artist...,

"We have too many Washingtons, we have America in the pediment. Victories and Liberties are rather pagan emblems, but a Liberty I fear is the best we can get."
[2]

It would seem that the project's overseer and construction superintendant had some reservations about the statue being 'too pagan'. Paganism is an umbrella term for many variations of the 'Old Religion'. Would you agree that Hermeticism and Astrology are, both in their own 'occultic' ways, each aspects of pagan variations?

The artist/sculptor, Thomas Crawford, on the other hand, didn't seem to have such reservations.

Never trust an artist! LOL!

My point being that, the final section of the statue of Columbia (her head and shoulders) being raised on December 2, 1863 in conjunction with the rising of the Sun and Mercury/setting of Sirius on the same day may not have been intentional or Hermetically influenced - unless, of course, we can a) discover who planned the date for the ceremony and b) find out if this person was a member of some Hermetic Astrological Secret Society. Now THAT would be telling!

~~~

Back to 'Golden Boy'.

...changed as the centuries developed, a bit like the Golden Boy that was aligned to both Sirius and Alnilam on date, but please don't forget that the opening of the Manitoba building was also aligned to the date that Manitoba joined the confederation 50 years before.

The development of Columbia over time can be traced.

The 'Eternal Youth'/'Golden Boy' statue atop the Manitoba Legislative building has no obvious connection to the god, 'Mercury'/'Hermes', except for pose and colour. Perhaps the artist did draw inspiration for his sculpture from it but, I can't find an explicit reference.

'Eternal Youth'/'Golden Boy' was placed facing North. That makes sense since Canada is situated there. He carries a flaming torch in his raised right hand. Perhaps it represents a beacon of 'eternal light'? He also carries a sheaf of wheat under his right armpit. Have you seen the wheat fields in Manitoba? They are magnificent; thus, an appropriate symbol for the Province.

The immediate above is my interpretation. My point is that I don't see an Hermetic Astrological connection there.

I am still intrigued, however, that the building's opening ceremony date, July 15, 1920 (50 years after joining the Canadian Confederacy, as you pointed out), aligns with the stars we are interested in here. That does stump me.
Hi Canadian Mason, God and Goddess worship has always been an evolving situation.
Serapis was a mixture including Osiris:-
en.wikipedia.org...
And we had the Phoenician goddess Astarte, that the Greeks thought of as Aphrodite, that the Romans called Venus.
Then we get the curious mixture of Thoth/Hermes/Mercury:-
www.universaltheosophy.com...
Columbia was a mixture of goddesses that was special to the United States. I still think that the "Golden Boy" reminds me of Hermes but has had Canadian symbolism added. To be honest, i don't care if we exclude Hermes, what matters is the star alignments were at different phases of building. The House of the Temple looks very like parts of the Manitoba Building and that was aligned to Sirius three times!
en.wikipedia.org...
Hi Canadian Mason, you did miss-quote me, my comments were about The House of the Temple, that you "High Lighted", that is very Freemason inspired and does also have symbolism the same as Manitoba.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Golden Boy/Eternal Youth and Manitoba Legislative Building

You wrote,

I can't take a solid position on the matter unless I am shown hard evidence that Freemasons were involved. You made the claim; therefore, the onus is on you to prove it. I don't have to show you that Freemasons were not involved. I'm not convinced that they were. Were some involved in picking the final design? Yes but, as I have pointed out, it is proclaimed that they did not interfere with the artist's work. That, to me, means that they did not have a hand in it. Is this true? I don't know. Are you trying to connect Freemasons to every instance where things align to Sirius and Alnilam? I'm sorry if I'm giving you a headache but, what would it mean to you if there was incontrovertible proof of a connection there? What conclusion would you then draw about Freemasons? That's what I want to know.

Hi Canadian Mason,
You have miss-Quoted me on a short extract of my thread section, it is clear i was writing about Freemason symbolism with The House of the Temple that was aligned to Sirius on 3 dates.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just to clear this up before i continue, House of the Temple link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
The two dedications ceremony graphs are below, please comment:-

edit on 20-2-2019 by Astronomer62 because: adding info

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have only put one graph below as when construction started and dedication was on same date at location but different year, so would show the same. Both the Manitoba Building and House of the Temple have Sphinx symbolism:-

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As Canadian Mason is on a trip, i thought i would slow down, so i will leave less thread sections until he comes back, below is a rough unfinished diagram that shows the beginnings of drawing human DNA by Sacred Geometry, mostly i start with 2 Pentagons 36 degrees apart in a circle

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join