a reply to: JIMC5499
That is an outstanding example of how the media is working these days. I was amazed at how many local stories on the local TV station were altogether
wrong and never corrected.
Here's what I posit is going on.
Every day/week, there's a series of 5 or 6 "thematic" story lines the leftist media outlets feel the need to "promote" anyway they can. By promote I
mean that they'll work a particular story line into anything they can and if they can't find something appropriate they just make something out of
near whole cloth. So looking at today's news, we find the following "thematic" story lines.
1) The one year anniversary of the Parkland Florida shooting.
2) The "Wall", with the spending bill and Trump declaring a state of emergency; and that flows into favored sub-themes: a) children dying while in
detention (cruel Trump); and b) families seperated at the border (cruel Trump).
3) Global Warming.
4) US pulling out of Syria.
6) World economic slowdown (Trump Tarrifs) and the threat to the US economy which is about to go into full blown recession, (doubtful).
7) Race, (white bad/POC good).
8) Fake news about how Fake news is wrecking everything.
Basically, you check CNN and what you see is 1) a bit of breaking news, hastily and briefly covered, 2) slanted political analysis, 3) a #metoo story
or two, (PSA-men bad), 4) Global warming doom porn (propaganda), etc.
Basically, in terms of in depth news coverage, the leftist MSM has all but hijacked and near killed the news cycle.
In so doing, they've created an enormous vacuum.