It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If God Would Talk To Us?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Your whole reply is leaping towards the conclusion that the voice I heard was demonic in some way and even worse…that it was trying to get me to do something evil…which is totally ridiculous.

Originally posted by whereislogic
Early in the 15th century a 13-year-old French peasant girl began hearing a voice that claimed to be the voice of God. As she gave herself over to the will of the voice, it eventually led her to leadership of the French army—and death at the stake! Her name was Joan of Arc.

But the voice I heard did not ask me to do anything bad or evil…

Many today also claim to hear voices. Often these voices contradict what God has stated in the Bible. Joan of Arc, by involving herself in political wars, actually went contrary to Jesus’ explicit definition of his disciples, that they were “no part of the world.”—John 17:16. Her behaviour also went contrary to the description of Christian behaviour at 2 Corinthians 10:3-5:

Didn’t you even read my post…I even corrected the other poster who said it was “voices”…It wasn’t voices…it was just One Voice.

I also stated the Voice said the Lords Prayer…how is that going against scripture or anything else…?

During my journey I was searching for God (As I didn’t even believe in a God at that time) and reading the Bible a Lot while weighing up many denominational beliefs etc…that is when I heard The voice…

You say Joan of Arc involved herself in political wars ect…but what about all the wars throughout history waged in the name of Christ by so called Christians…What about all the wars that took place in the OT…waged in the Name of God etc…???

The Bible warns us against paying attention to “spiritistic mediums or to those having a spirit of prediction who are chirping and making utterances in low tones.” (Isaiah 8:19) The Scriptures provide Christians with all the principles and guidelines needed to make a wise decision in this matter. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) And since the completion of the Bible around the year 98 C.E., holy angels have not been used to communicate with God’s people. Spirit voices heard since then are therefore demonic.

You say Holy Angels have not been used to communicate…but the Bible does mention that the Holy Spirit will testify to all truth…so clearly God does have a way to communicate with people…

The second time I heard the Voice (Same exact Voice) it led me on a specific path to receiving the Holy Spirit…

Plus the voice was never intrusive, felt loving and didn’t force anything on me at all…and didn’t ask any thing bad or evil of me…

How can any of that be demonic…???

Eventually you begin to manifest God’s spirit in your life, not by means of demon-inspired trances or by speaking in tongues or by hearing voices, but by showing true Christian qualities such as “love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.” In time you are able to put on what the Bible calls “the complete suit of armor from God,” which enables you to fight demonic forces successfully.—Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 6:11-18.

But speaking in tongues is written about in the Bible…???…it’s one of the other gifts of the Spirit…

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Blind faith is assuming one is right without ever even asking a single question.
I admit I didn't read your whole post, but my hate for it is very low key I don't have any passion for it I laugh about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Blind faith is assuming one is right without ever even asking a single question.
I admit I didn't read your whole post, but my hate for it is very low key I don't have any passion for it I laugh about it.

Who does that?

its a trick question, don't answer because you can only answer for yourself.

I hope you can see my position if you read my post about how there is no blind faith only a blind understanding why some have faith.

If one chooses to see things from only one perspective then sometimes their perspective being only from 1 direction can blind them from seeing whats really there.

I could go one and on and I did but deleted most of what I was going post explaining why I post the way I do and understanding why you and many others wouldn't read lengthy posts of mine.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Your whole reply is leaping towards the conclusion that the voice I heard was demonic in some way and even worse…that it was trying to get me to do something evil…which is totally ridiculous.

No, I didn't. All I did was gave you an historical example of someone else who "began hearing a voice (singular) that claimed to be the voice (singular) of God", along with the related biblical teachings that could help a person reach the conclusion what the real sources of such voices (yes, now I can say "voices" because it's more than 1 person claiming to hear such voices) are (without the need to leap or jump to any conclusions either way, including your suggestion what the source of this "voice" you're talking about is); that is, if one is willing to take these bible teachings seriously rather than figuratively using the Scriptures as toilet paper, more or less (at the least shoving these teachings aside as if they are meaningless, possibly because these particular ones are not useful to you, or even inconvenient regarding your desire to believe that what you are talking about is actually the voice of God, or to argue for that and give that impression to others).

I don't feel like wasting my time on responding to the question about wars right now, perhaps another time. It's slightly uncomfortable when people read something else into what you're saying and then respond to that and it's happened twice now already in this thread in a rather unreasonable manner that paints a negative picture on my commentary (as if I'm doing something negative, bad or wrong for bringing up historical facts in relation to bible teachings about this subject).
edit on 17-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No, I didn't. All I did was gave you an historical example of someone else who "began hearing a voice (singular) that claimed to be the voice (singular) of God", along with the related biblical teachings that could help a person reach the conclusion what the real sources of such voices (yes, now I can say "voices" because it's more than 1 person claiming to hear such voices) are (without the need to leap or jump to any conclusions);

Then you should have made that absolutely clear in your reply to me…because that’s not how it came across imo…

It clearly looked like you thought I was hearing Demons and were giving me scriptural advice on what to do…without even asking any prior questions to find out more details.

You could have also worded your reply much better…to make what you said above absolutely clear and beyond any doubt…so please…don’t go trying to blame me…

that is, if one is willing to take these bible teachings seriously rather than figuratively using the Scriptures as toilet paper, more or less (at the least shoving these teachings aside as if they are meaningless, possibly because these particular ones are not useful to you, or even inconvenient regarding your desire to believe that what you are talking about is actually the voice of God, or to argue for that and give that impression to others).

I take the Bible and the scriptures very seriously…but I don’t go overboard…

I certainly didn’t see the verses you brought up as meaningless…more to the point…I just didn’t see them applying to me hearing Demons, because I’m not hearing Demons…

It's slightly uncomfortable when people read something else into what you're saying and then respond to that and it's happened twice now already in this thread in a rather unreasonable manner that paints a negative picture on my commentary (as if I'm doing something negative, bad or wrong for bringing up historical facts in relation to bible teachings about this subject).

There is a reason why those things keep happening whereislogic…

And it’s not just on this thread either imo…

- JC

edit on 17-2-2019 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's even more interesting. Thanks for sharing. What is that? Bacteria colony in another dimension? With a virus in its mouth?
JkIt looks a bit Mayan? What is that?

No; it looks to be bovine combined with landscape features; with 3 eyes and sharp teeth coddling a Turtle Baby. All of the drawings I've channeled about creation theory look Mayan to me (nice catch).

edit on 17-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: saint4God

Why not? There are plenty of people believing in god and not in Jesus. Some would say by focussing on Mary and Jesus some have been led astray from god.

Each major organized religion seems to have its own human Prophet/messenger installed to lobby for the same idea (eternal life) in different parts of the world at varied times in history (HOT) ready for an inspiration INJECTION.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It wasn’t “Voices” but “The Voice!!!”…of God lol…so to speak...
The Voice Spoke the Lords Prayer, well…the first three quarters of it. And it sounds like a contradiction but the voice was both powerful and gentle at the same time…It also sounded like a cross between a male voice and a female voice… I know…it sound ridiculous. And when I heard it I also felt it throughout my entire Being. There was no "doubting" at all in my mind.The second time I heard the voice..(the exact same voice) it helped me along my spiritual journey…so there was no doubting it…and it did help me
- JC

Who wrote the Lords Prayer?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing

Someone with a great knowledge and understanding of God…

According to Luke 11:1 Jesus was asked to teach them to pray as John (the Baptist) had taught his disciples…so there is a suggestion that Jesus learned this prayer from John…

John the Baptist was an Essene possibly an Ebionite…so they may have been the first to have written it down…

- JC

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing

Someone with a great knowledge and understanding of God
According to Luke 11:1 Jesus was asked to teach them to pray as John (the Baptist) had taught his disciples…so there is a suggestion that Jesus learned this prayer from John…
John the Baptist was an Essene possibly an Ebionite…so they may have been the first to have written it down- JC

I dont remember writing it, that being said; Jesus was an Essene too; YEA! I like that prayer because it is direct and elegant; Occams Razor style.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It was literally 3 or 4 am in the morning when I heard…I was lying in bed…and I could literally feel the words throughout my whole being…

I’ve heard some theories that the Lords prayer may have been slightly added too…I think there’s even a Cathar version of it too…but anyway the voice only spoke 3 quarters of the prayer and then stopped. I then finished the rest of the prayer and went back to sleep.

- JC

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It was literally 3 or 4 am in the morning when I heard…I was lying in bed…and I could literally feel the words throughout my whole being…

I’ve heard some theories that the Lords prayer may have been slightly added too…I think there’s even a Cathar version of it too…but anyway the voice only spoke 3 quarters of the prayer and then stopped. I then finished the rest of the prayer and went back to sleep.- JC

"The One Who Knows Life Process"-another channeled drawing from my higher particulars: This is Spider Grandmother and the Reptile Lizard deliberately altering the Human genetic codes/DNA.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If God would talk to us, then he'd be smart...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I’ve heard some theories that the Lords prayer may have been slightly added too…I think there’s even a Cathar version of it too…but anyway the voice only spoke 3 quarters of the prayer and then stopped. I then finished the rest of the prayer and went back to sleep.- JC

"The One Who Knows Life Process"-another channeled drawing from my higher particulars: This is Spider Grandmother and the Reptile Lizard deliberately altering the Human genetic codes/DNA.

What's that above the Spider and on it's back...?

And what are those things below the scribbly line...?

The Lizard looks more like a Dragon imo

- JC

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
Lizards ARE Dragons! The squiggly line is Earths horizon/or a diffentiation between supernatural 'idea' and 'physical' action. The 'things' portrayed below this undulation are DNA being manipulated (twisted) but shown as a womans reproductive organs accepting an agent of some form. Good question as to the cashew shape above the spiders head?? An "Idea" form manifesting; on its back: the energy (action) in progress. That crystal shape under all is Earths iron core. Thanks for asking.
edit on 19-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think that would be great.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Text What would you ask to verify it's god you're talking to? What circumstances would be considered proof?

In this case I think I would ask God for the wisdom to know whether I am talking to Him or not talking to Him.
I'm over ninety now and I talk to God all the time. How do I know it's God? Cause the things I talk to God about are the things that the Devil hates. Common sense tells me that the Devil is not about to give God credit for anything that would make God look great. Could it be that I'm crazy? Yes it could be that I am nuts but at least I'm a happy nut.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why Am I Called "Pee-Poo" And Left To Spell It As "People" So As To Give The Great Order Of Jesters A Good Laugh...!?!

Devil In The Details...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dunno What's Worse... Gentile Or People!

Genitale Or Pee-Poo... ?!?

WHY, GOD!?! WHYYYYYYYY!?!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join