It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If God Would Talk To Us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Why not? There are plenty of people believing in god and not in Jesus. Some would say by focussing on Mary and Jesus some have been led astray from god.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's an interesting idea.

Here is the picture the Being I was speaking to drew of Itself (and titled for me): "Baby in the Mouth of the One"

edit on 15-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It seems like the majority opinion is that one can't be a genuine seeker of God while also thinking the bible is, for the most part, dull as dishwater.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peeple
I question everything. So what? If there's one thing I hate it is blind faith. I might never know for sure but at least I won't be duped

Joecroft If it’s any conciliation I heard Gods voice too during my spiritual journey. I only heard the voice twice and it was not intrusive in any way. The best way to describe it would be like a kind of gentle but firm guidance. Prior to that I had never heard any voices in my head…and even to this day I havent heard it again since.- JC

The 'voices' are those of your higher selves; those aspects of yourself that have lived before that define your soul individuality (personality) attempting to speak some sense to you. Perhaps the reason you have only heard them twice is because YOU DOUBT their authenticity.
I would ask you to indulge in the notion they are specifically speaking to you in order to help you.
edit on 15-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Pray to Jesus. Do NOT ask this thing questions. God bless you

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Gee. That looks demonic!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

That's even more interesting. Thanks for sharing. What is that? Bacteria colony in another dimension? With a virus in its mouth?

Jk

It looks a bit Mayan?
What is that?

edit on 16-2-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I know. I'm not ignorant enough, I see there are shamans and other colourful possibilities, I wouldn't deny they are also in contact with something.
I haven't even fully established it's there and real. I call it god out of a cultural convenience and because it always only says I am when I ask what or who it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

If I ask what are you I always only get "I am" and I find that to be very unsatisfying.

And rightly so, cause it's more or less meaningless. But it also sounds rather suspicious considering the rather poor rendering of Trinitarian bible translators of Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58 so they can claim that Jesus used the same title that is used at Exodus 3:14 by his God Jehovah. Neither of which texts actually says "I AM" in honest accurate translations, in the Greek Septuagint (a Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures), the same expression isn't even used at Exodus 3:14 as the one John uses at John 8:58.

Anyone giving you the impression that "I AM" or "I am" is somehow a significant phrase related to God is severely misinformed or deliberately misleading you. Here's what Exodus 3:14,15 says in a much more accurate translation where they don't have a bias to try to link it to John 8:58 (NW Study Edition):

14 So God said to Moses: “I Will Become What I Choose* to Become.”* And he added: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘I Will Become has sent me to you.’” 15 Then God said once more to Moses:

“This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

You might want to click some of those footnotes for details. Obviously Trinitarians won't quote verse 15 when they're going through their 'I AM'-routine with John 8:58 (NW Study Edition):

58 Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been.

Not, "I am", since that would be incorrect English grammar given the start of that sentence. The 2 bolded phrases have nothing to do with eachother. And God already gives His personal name in Exodus 3:15, not verse 14.
edit on 16-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

That's an interesting idea.

Here is the picture the Being I was speaking to drew of Itself (and titled for me): "Baby in the Mouth of the One"

Wow…

Looks like you finally tracked down the Spaghetti Monster lol

- JC

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
If it’s any conciliation I heard Gods voice too during my spiritual journey. I only heard the voice twice and it was not intrusive in any way. The best way to describe it would be like a kind of gentle but firm guidance. Prior to that I had never heard any voices in my head…and even to this day I havent heard it again since.

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
The 'voices' are those of your higher selves; those aspects of yourself that have lived before that define your soul individuality (personality) attempting to speak some sense to you. Perhaps the reason you have only heard them twice is because YOU DOUBT their authenticity.
I would ask you to indulge in the notion they are specifically speaking to you in order to help you.

I know you were responding to Peeple…but you highlighted my post which was about my own spiritual journey…

It wasn’t “Voices” but “The Voice!!!”…of God lol…so to speak...

The Voice Spoke the Lords Prayer, well…the first three quarters of it. And it sounds like a contradiction but the voice was both powerful and gentle at the same time…It also sounded like a cross between a male voice and a female voice… I know…it sound ridiculous. And when I heard it I also felt it throughout my entire Being. There was no "doubting" at all in my mind.

The second time I heard the voice..(the exact same voice) it helped me along my spiritual journey…so there was no doubting it…and it did help me

- JC

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Early in the 15th century a 13-year-old French peasant girl began hearing a voice that claimed to be the voice of God. As she gave herself over to the will of the voice, it eventually led her to leadership of the French army​—and death at the stake! Her name was Joan of Arc.

Many today also claim to hear voices. Often these voices contradict what God has stated in the Bible. Joan of Arc, by involving herself in political wars, actually went contrary to Jesus’ explicit definition of his disciples, that they were “no part of the world.”​—John 17:16. Her behaviour also went contrary to the description of Christian behaviour at 2 Corinthians 10:3-5:

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [ Lit., “we are not doing military service.” Gr., ou . . . stra·teu·oʹme·tha; Lat., non . . . mi·li·taʹmus]. according to [what we are in the] flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. 5 For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God; and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ;

The Bible warns us against paying attention to “spiritistic mediums or to those having a spirit of prediction who are chirping and making utterances in low tones.” (Isaiah 8:19) The Scriptures provide Christians with all the principles and guidelines needed to make a wise decision in this matter. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) And since the completion of the Bible around the year 98 C.E., holy angels have not been used to communicate with God’s people. Spirit voices heard since then are therefore demonic.

But who are these wicked spirits that seem to be behind occult phenomena such as trances, some types of hallucinations, hearing voices or what has been misleadingly called and interpreted as “speaking in tongues”? Many believe they are the souls of the dead. The Bible, however, says that the soul is mortal and “the dead . . . are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5; Ezekiel 18:4, 20) So we must look elsewhere for their origin.

At one time the now wicked spirits were counted among the faithful hosts of God’s angels. Created long before man, they loyally served God. But then some angels rebelled. Abandoning their assignment in heaven, they took on human form. The reason? To indulge in illicit sex relations with women on earth. No doubt the original Rebel, Satan the Devil, had much to do with their taking this perverse step. (Revelation 12:4) Their effect on human society was so degrading that God had to exterminate that generation of mankind by means of a Flood. Those former angels​—by then demons—​were forced to return to their spirit existence, but they were alienated from God and in spiritual darkness, in which they have been imprisoned ever since.​—Genesis 3:1-24; 6:1-7; Jude 6; Revelation 12:9.

Since Satan’s angels can no longer take on human form, they have resorted to extremely deceptive ways in order to influence people, including those of whom the Bible says: “Such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.” (2 Corinthians 11:13, 14) It therefore should not surprise us to learn that some of Satan’s “deceitful workers” are religious leaders.

However, one can break free from the influence of the demons. To do so requires rejecting religions that promote spiritistic practices. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18) This, of course, is not easy to do. There is an organized group of people however, that are more than happy to help. They have already assisted thousands to see through the deceptions perpetrated by wicked spirits. They begin by teaching Bible truth. They help you apply what you learn.

Eventually you begin to manifest God’s spirit in your life, not by means of demon-inspired trances or by speaking in tongues or by hearing voices, but by showing true Christian qualities such as “love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.” In time you are able to put on what the Bible calls “the complete suit of armor from God,” which enables you to fight demonic forces successfully.​—Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 6:11-18.

2 Timothy 3:16,17:

16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight,* [Or “correcting.”] for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Jehovah Equips Us!
edit on 17-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

There are just a few problems those who are rewriting the bible over and over do so, or did, to stay in power.
I don't hear voices I don't get in contact in a state of trance and I had a lot of fun with it. It seems to me very benevolent. It warned me a few times that what I did will lead to no result I desired. And it has shown it can control animals, the weather, all natural Earth things.
Even if it were those fallen angels you are talking about, I think they're nice.
Somebody should tell that to god.
My conclusion at this point is still the same as it was before and I am trying to be a good person, keep my sense of humor, with rare exceptions I don't even eat meat because I don't want to participate in the suffering.
I know it is real. And it seems desperate to help. Maybe more should be open for the fact that their inner monologue gets listened to.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It seems to me very benevolent. ...
Even if it were those fallen angels you are talking about, I think they're nice.

So seem Loverboys (a.k.a. Romeo Pimps) to their targets at first:

Loverboys are human traffickers who try to get girls to fall in love with them or manipulate girls in some other way. Once a loverboy has a girl under his influence he exploits her, for example by forcing her into the sex industry.

Source: Tackling the problem of loverboys | Human trafficking and people smuggling | Government.nl

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Did you just call me a whore?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I located the words that I couldn't recall before:

A tutelary (also tutelar) is a deity or spirit who is a guardian, patron, or protector of a particular place, geographic feature, person, lineage, nation, culture, or occupation. The etymology of "tutelary" expresses the concept of safety, and thus of guardianship.
wikipedia: Tutelary_deity

Christians call them guardian angels. Zoroastrians maybe Ahura. Different cultures have different names. Check out the list on that wikipedia page.

Tell me if you feel a sense of guild (like betrayal of confidence) exposing it to the internet.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No.

But since I assume you were joking, I'll respond to something else you said earlier:

There are just a few problems those who are rewriting the bible over and over do so, or did, to stay in power.

If that is so, it doesn't seem to make sense for the most powerful influential organization in Europe during the dark ages to forbid and execute anyone daring to translate the bible to their own language so that people speaking that language rather than Latin could understand and see how the teachings of the bible contradict and warn for the teachings of that organization represented by the Roman Catholic Hierarchy. Which is exactly what happened once people did start to translate the bible to their own languages resulting in the period known as the Reformation coinciding with the rise of Protestantism.

Nor does it make sense for so many religions to discourage bible reading or distract people from actually reading the parts in the bible that contradict their teachings, including religions in Christendom.

As languages change over time, rewrites, or better said, corrections and updates, are appropiate.
edit on 17-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Get A Bible... asap.
Read All The Way Up To The Word "Subtle".
STOP! Put The Book Down And Stand Up! "Pull Up Your Pants!" (backside). Then Watch As The Magic Starts To Unravel!...

Note: "SUB[e]T[e]L[œ]"

Go To The Window And Look To See If God Or The Devil Is There!
Depending On "YOU"... One Of Them Will Be There...

CAUTION: "DO NOT SPEAK A WORD TO THEM!"
They're Both Pissed Off.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It all started in the beginning, when Paul who didn't even know Jesus claimed to know him better than his brother and family.
That's when it all started to deteriorate to bs. The new testament is pure fiction.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I have nothing to ask other than do you really believe there is blind faith?

speaking in terms of God existing or something like God/ a creator / an intelligence beyond this and every other universe we may discover.

If there's one thing I hate it is blind faith.

How much have you pondered on this what you say?

I have more than one question, they are all for you and not for whatever you think could be talking or communicating with you.

I will explain further down why I am asking these questions and they don't need answering, I just hope you take them in and meditate on them or ponder them for yourself if you haven't already.

Do some see blind faith because a person cannot give reason for why they have faith?

Can all people express themselves in a way that others can truly understand their intentions for having faith?

Can a person with faith just have so much going on in their lives that an experience or dream they had that allowed them or gave them the choice to have faith be remembered when asked on the spot?

Do we have a choice to have faith and does it matter if another thinks its blind because they cannot express themselves so the other understands why they choose to have faith?

I have faith in God, I believe there is an intelligence that is explained as everything and anything, God is everywhere for me, in the air I breath, The love I feel and the hate I sense, everything I see and don't see.

I cannot limit God.

Faith should be without reason, if there is reason one can express all that can do is find similarities between one another or be used to convince others.

Religion tries to do that and has so for so long, there should be no convincing as in ones life I believe all will be convinced in one way or another of something beyond our understanding.

I think faith can feed the doubt we have about anything, be it the most minor things in life to biggest question we as free thinking humans can ask.

Its funny that reading that sentence made me realize or ask myself is there blind faith like so many seem to think, Like I thought there was but have just now after reading the one thing you "hate is blind faith" that there isn't or now I believe there isn't because of the diversity in this world, so much diversity that an individual may only glimpse the tiniest fraction of diversity this world has to offer.

I didn't hate blind faith like you say you do, I found it confusing and after reading the hate you have it made me realize these questions and realize that the answers can only point to there being no blind faith, only a blind misunderstanding why others have faith if they cannot satisfactorily explain why they do.

If we can experience it all in our lives I think we would realize there is no blind faith, just misunderstanding of why there is faith in so many and why it varies so much.

I have faith that one day if we can survive long enough as a species that our diversity will be celebrated and unity amongst us will happen, its more a dream and wishful thinking in today's world.

To me blind faith is only done so because the ones that believe in it only do so because they cannot see through anothers eyes which could be as I said due to how we express ourselves or the other things like not realizing why we have faith so we cant explain to another and that's why the other says its blind faith.

Faith is a choice, be it from coincidences or synchronicity people experience or other shared experiences.

we chose to have faith.

Sorry for my blabbering but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Don't hate.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join