It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Sweet It Is: Jackie Gleason's Mothership House And Spaceship Cottage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Back in the 60's, I used to watch the Honeymooners as a kid and thought it was a great show. I especially loved Gleason's character Ralph Kramden:

Most UFO enthusiasts have already heard of the story about Jackie Gleason seeing aliens, along with his golfing buddy and pal, President Nixon. Rumor has it that Nixon took Gleason to Homestead Air Force Base on February 19, 1973 to show him mangled remains of aliens that were contained in large glass containers. Many people, including myself, are very skeptical of the story because of the many loose ends and unsubstantiated claims. For those who never heard about this, check out the short video clip below.

YouTube Clip On Gleason's Supposed Encounter With Space Aliens:

What I didn't know, was the fact that Jackie Gleason was one of the earliest celebrity ufologists, who had a deep fascination with the paranormal.

Despite a fear of flying, Gleason developed a fascination with UFOs and flying saucers, possibly as part of his attraction to parapsychology, witchcraft, extrasensory perception, reincarnation, mental telepathy, clairvoyance and all things paranormal. An avid reader, Gleason amassed a vast library (over 1,700 titles) of paranormal books and materials which now reside in the University of Miami library and are catalogued at LibraryThing.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

What's really interesting, is the fact, that in 1959, Gleason designed and built two homes, that resembled UFOs, on 9 acres in Westchester County. Back in August 2018, Gleason's property was back on the market for $12 million dollars. The main house was called the “Mothership” and the smaller cottage was called the “Spaceship.” The intricate structure that's part of the ceiling in the "Mothership" house, is extraordinary. Proves that Jackie Gleason was truly obsessed with UFOs and who knows, maybe he did see something of extraterrestrial origin during his lifetime.

The "Mother Ship" main house:

The "Spaceship" Cottage:

YouTube Video Clips On Gleason's "UFO" House:

edit on 2/15/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Supposedly he saw alien bodies with president Nixon

Dunno if any biography book was done for him by his wife or any other or if anyone ever bothered to ask his wife about said witnessing.

In any case had he seen anything unusual im sure his close family would know

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM

In any case had he seen anything unusual im sure his close family would know

Not necessarily. If he was close with Nixon, which he was, the President could have sworn him to secrecy and he could have never told a soul and just been content with living and dieing that they know "the truth". Not everybody who sees something extraordinary wants to run around and tell everyone also some people can keep quiet when they are sworn to secrecy with something like this.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is right up the road from my house..he supposedly was a lot of fun. He’d drink locally and invite a bunch of strangers up for a cocktail at last call. My buddy had many slate night at Gleason’s, bar in town now named after him.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I was living that year across from the Nixon Southern Whitehouse on Key Biscayne, Fla...they were buddy-buddy w Jackie a staunch believer in UFO's....

I remember them together in places Miami Beach, on the boat, in the Keys (Homestead A.F. Base was about 20-25 miles south of my house on A1A)...

Took some years for this to come out....but Jackie...a longtime S. Florida resident...would talk endlessly about "flying saucers"....w little reference to the term "U.F.O.'S" then.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The funniest thing about the video is the guy who is sneaking around the grounds after asking local people where Jackie Gleasons house is.. who then says, to describe Jackie Gleason'.. "What a weirdo". Yeah, the snoop peering in windows and trespassing around grounds thinks Gleason was a weirdo. Hmm.

Would have been a better video if they guy was chased off the land and shot in the ass.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I was living that year across from the Nixon Southern Whitehouse on Key Biscayne, Fla...they were buddy-buddy w Jackie a staunch believer in UFO's....

I remember them together in places Miami Beach, on the boat, in the Keys (Homestead A.F. Base was about 20-25 miles south of my house on A1A)...

Took some years for this to come out....but Jackie...a longtime S. Florida resident...would talk endlessly about "flying saucers"....w little reference to the term "U.F.O.'S" then.

Apparently there is still a good deal of activity about 20 or so miles off the southern coast of Florida. I have a video of some of that activity. Though I really don't think it's AF related. It wouldn't surprise me that he would have seen it all around him and went bonkers over it.

For someone who wouldn't know of even the kind of tech we have today, might see something and it plant a serious stake in their entire lives.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is a famous house here in JOhannesburg called the UFO house. Built on a hill, it has fabulous views. I remember seeing it for the first time from a distance - it looks just like a classic UFO coming over the mountain.

UFO House

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yeah...that's not real far from the "Area 51" of the Navy in the Bahamas...secret sub testing facility. Autec, is base name I believe...and it's got a lot of uso/ufo activity from there up the coast to Fort Pierce n back.

I've seen odd things out there too.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Always thought what made story plausible was that his wife told it. He couldn’t sleep for days and was all messed up. His wife asked what was wrong and he told the story. It’s probably how many of us would react if ufos went from maybe to real.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
There is a famous house here in JOhannesburg called the UFO house. Built on a hill, it has fabulous views. I remember seeing it for the first time from a distance - it looks just like a classic UFO coming over the mountain.

UFO House

That's pretty cool. Looks like the house used in Ironman.
edit on 1522019 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

top topics

join