It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campus vending machines offer emergency contraception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*shrugs*

I have no issue with contraceptive use, if the schools can make it easier to get and the students can wrap there minds around using it then great.

You consider the morning after pill a "contraceptive" A contraceptive, is a condom, spermicide, etc. Not a pill that makes you abort.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In college? Great.

In high school or junior high? I don't think I'd agree.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Which is better? A pregnant college student, or a pregnant high/junior high student?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*shrugs*

I have no issue with contraceptive use, if the schools can make it easier to get and the students can wrap there minds around using it then great.

You consider the morning after pill a "contraceptive" A contraceptive, is a condom, spermicide, etc. Not a pill that makes you abort.

You would be wrong in that.

How does the plan B® morning-after pill work?
Stop

plan B® comes in a one-pill dose. If taken within 72 hours (3 days) and preferably within 12 hours after a contraceptive accident or unprotected sex, it can prevent pregnancy by doing one of three things:

Temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary
Prevents fertilization
Prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus

plan B® is not an abortion pill—if you take plan B®, you will not be terminating a pregnancy.

I think you are confusing it with something else?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm somewhat torn as to whether it is good or bad, but I think it is preferable to abortions for sure! I don't have an issue with the Morning After Pills... although I think their existence is one of the reasons STDs have been spiking ridiculously across America. That is the major downside to this. Too many youths are not using condoms or abstinence in absence of a condom because they figure they can just pop a pill the next morning and no baby. That's true enough, but those pills do nothing to protect them from STDs and, seemingly, are actually contributing to it's spread among people who use this pill as their standard birth control method.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: jjkenobi

Which is better? A pregnant college student, or a pregnant high/junior high student?

TheRedneck

Dads with shotguns and a touch of the insanity worked quite well when I was in high school... I don't think that's changed much in the past 20 some years.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's a good point and likely true, but we have to be honest with ourselves; kids that age will always have sex and always act like the age they are and not use common sense.

It's better they have access than not I think. The world is, what the world is.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Dads with shotguns don't stop pregnancies (at least I certainly hope they don't!). Killing the father doesn't change the fact that the mother-to-be is about to be a mother.

As Blaine91555 says, kids will be kids. No shotgun can stop that. From teens through early 20s, those hormones are stronger than the desire to not risk being shot. The morning after pill simply stops an egg from being fertilized.

I'll admit that their presence increases the likelihood of kids having sex, but the parents need to have some serious talks with their kids... that will normally do more to dissuade poor choices than the pills' availability will to encourage them. And as you admit, they are far preferable to abortion.

TheRedneck

<< 1   >>

join