It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi warns GOP - Next president could declare national emergency on GUNS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is so ridiculous.

The national emergency to fund the wall is to help enforce existing law.

What Nancy is talking about is using one to undo laws. It is not remotely the same thing. Her version is 100% unconstitutional, an emergency to enforce border security is not.

This is who is partially in charge of writing and passing our laws - someone who is apparently not even capable of simple logic - or someone who is willingly trying to distort the truth to manipulate.

Either way it's embarrassing she is in congress.

edit on 14-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
there's nothing about walls in the constitution.
there might not be much they can do even after declaring an emergency on guns

The enforcement would need to incarcerate and kill millions

😱

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Pelosi warns GOP - Next president could declare national emergency on GUNS

The day gunz become undocumented, and sanctuary cities are created for gun owners.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday issued a warning to Republicans poised to support President Trump's decision to declare a national emergency at the southern border: the next Democratic president, she said, could do the same on guns.

Taking the guns and ignoring due process.

Pelosi and her ilk are enemies of the Republic.

On the plus side, she just admitted the Dems' ultimate goal is elimination of the 2nd Amendment and seizure of privately, legally owned firearms. Where's that one member who loves to claim no Dem has ever voiced such a plan, therefore the left has never had any eyes towards making it happen? I'd be curious to see him eating his words on that, finally.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The state of the union?

A wacked tf out gov delivering ruthless or ripoff.

Throw out the ruthless first, so the ripoff sounds good.

Plus a few points if they can sneak in some ruthless too.

Yeah

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why threaten my rights when she doesn't know how to compromise.

The liberal media was hammering home the fact families were being separated like nazi camps. Sounded like an emergency to me

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well I guess that means that we can't elect anyone who is anti-second amendment to POTUS, ever again. She just, excuse the pun, shot the Dems hope for 2020.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Well I guess that means that we can't elect anyone who is anti-second amendment to POTUS, ever again. She just, excuse the pun, shot the Dems hope for 2020.

You really think there are people that didn't already know the Dems goal was to gun grab? The sad truth is I think that their base is actually in favor of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
...why the left opposes border security they, themselves called for for years while accusing the GOP of allowing illegals to enter the US for the financial benefit of employers:

Welcome to Democracy 2019... play stupid games, win asinine prizes.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good. Let her. Th y want to play baby games, lets see how the react when # gets real. You start messing around with our God given rights, and it will. And to all you whiny baby no soul Dems, laugh. Laugh now, because you wont if your elected leaders start messing around where they ought not. Bring it.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: highvein

You really think there are people that didn't already know the Dems goal was to gun grab? The sad truth is I think that their base is actually in favor of it.

I never said that. I know a lot of Dems that love guns.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: neo96
Between the green bullsnip deal.

Banning private health insurance.

Going after gunz.

They're gonna lose so effing badly in 2020.

Hopefully with trump in a second(and last term), he takes the opportunity to just light the whole mess on fire and burn it down.

Massive investigations into congress, collusion with other governments, campaign donation violations/lobbying. He's on the way out the door at that point and could probably care less.

Would be great.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There are currently 31 active National Emergencies in the US right now. 3 Trump created. Where was the shouting about that?

She f'd up. Big time. All she just stated is that when we are ready we are going to try to come for your guns. Well, once RGB is gone and the SCOTUS is set we will not have to worry.

She is AOC's predecessor alright.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Since there are so many of these duplicate threads today, I've resorted to copy/paste:

-----------------Begin Copy/Paste------------------

Nancy Pelosi: "If Trump declares one, we'll do the same for our causes, when a Democrat is President!"

1. Democrats will challenge President Trump's declaration all the way up to the Supreme Court...and LOSE.

2. Republicans will challenge a Democrat President's declaration all the way up to the Supreme Court...and WIN.

By the time a Democrat is President, the Supreme Court will be SOLIDLY Right/Republican-friendly.

Pelosi, Schumer and the small-brained liberal pundits on CNN, MSNBC, are incapable of thinking beyond the next few months, lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They are hoping they will be re-elected. AOC clones will challenge more DNC seats soon and they only have themselves to blame. Looks like the RINO's are in trouble.

link   

Just say no.

link   

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday issued a warning to Republicans poised to support President Trump's decision to declare a national emergency at the southern border: the next Democratic president, she said, could do the same on guns.

Sounds like a good reason to never have a Democratic president in the country again.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I use to laugh about the 4D chess talk.

I am starting to believe it now.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
We need to call a National Emergency on extreme left wing liberals like Nancy Pelosi... Get er done! : P

I really believe that [after] every person with ONE curious
bone in the body: personally investigated why Nancy was
doing a European sweep with over 90 family members
(final drop in A WAR ZONE no less),
while The two presidents foiled an assassination attempt
the day after liftoff--- we got us one monster sentence,
matron'.

I'd kind of soft pedal the fearmongering on pain of subversion.
Maybe something obvious and considerably spicier with a "T"...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Just say no.

zi zource

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join