It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should boys and girls go to separate schools?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Silly thing about that is that I can assure you that for the most part, males never really understand females. They dont think the same way.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Silly thing about that is that I can assure you that for the most part, males never really understand females. They dont think the same way.

You're right. They do, and LEGO did it right, IMO. LEGO was under fire for it too.

LEGO went and did research to find out why little boys played with their products and little girls didn't as much. And as you know, LEGO is a great construction and engineering toy for early STEM skills building. So certain feminists were very keenly interested in getting little girls all on board with LEGO.

What LEGO discovered was that girls were perfectly happy to build ... so long as they could play with the end products of their efforts whereas boys mainly just wanted to build. So for the girls, the building was the means to an end while for the boys it was more then end in and of itself. So LEGO designed girls kits that were more like assemble and play oriented with more accessories and stuff and designed along play themes girls wanted.

It worked and the lines are pretty successful.

Unfortunately, the certain feminists are mad because even though the girls are building, rebuilding and redesigning and playing -- all the STEM skill play LEGOs are great for -- they're playing with girly themed sets in girly colors.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Short answer is no.
It's becoming clear that communication between genders is already a problem. Wide scale separation of children will result in teens with 0 experience in social situations with the opposite gender.

Being around the opposite gender did not ever complicate my learning. Teachers and schools are for teaching, not socializing. If there's a problem with learning - our educational system is more to blame than anything.

In my experience as a female, the boys were the least of my problems. I encountered far more antagonism from other girls which probably affected me even more in my studies.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes. Let's create more weak females that will later get abused, raped and sue everyone for free money /sarcasm

No if anything send them to mandatory workout and end this unequal bull#.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm with the NO voters on this one
The value of schooling goes beyond the classroom and 'functioning in society' is not exactly on the standard curriculum, being a self-taught skill that requires some sort of balance in the sample population the student gets to work with. Having a single gender school means the students will need to make major re-adjustment at a later age.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I agree that males will never fully understand females, but the more interface opportunities/interaction, the better chance of working together successfully in the future. The real world (post education institutions) does not care if you're male, female, etc. They care about your degree, work experience, and making money, so you've gotta work with all types of people and communicate effectively to do so.
edit on 15-2-2019 by saint4God because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
LEGO went and did research to find out why little boys played with their products and little girls didn't as much. And as you know, LEGO is a great construction and engineering toy for early STEM skills building. So certain feminists were very keenly interested in getting little girls all on board with LEGO.

What LEGO discovered was that girls were perfectly happy to build ... so long as they could play with the end products of their efforts whereas boys mainly just wanted to build. So for the girls, the building was the means to an end while for the boys it was more then end in and of itself. So LEGO designed girls kits that were more like assemble and play oriented with more accessories and stuff and designed along play themes girls wanted.

Star and flag for you for teaching me something new on ATS. Thank you and much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I think the opposite actually. I went to co-ed grade school (K-8) and then an all boys high school and I am glad I did it that way.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unfortunately, the certain feminists are mad because even though the girls are building, rebuilding and redesigning and playing -- all the STEM skill play LEGOs are great for -- they're playing with girly themed sets in girly colors.

I blame lego for that, they didn't go far enough. Imagine if their girl lego set was composed of the following pieces.

The problem would have been fixed. those certain feminist would have all died of of uncontrolled mass triggering.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
I'm with the NO voters on this one
The value of schooling goes beyond the classroom and 'functioning in society' is not exactly on the standard curriculum, being a self-taught skill that requires some sort of balance in the sample population the student gets to work with. Having a single gender school means the students will need to make major re-adjustment at a later age.

Maybe the people who come up with these ideas don't want them to re-adjust later. It seems like to me that you don't start kids out with this kind of backwards nonsense unless you want it to carry over into adulthood. Maybe they want gender segregation society-wide. It would certainly fit well into the pattern we have seen from radical feminists who truly never met a man they didn't hate.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As for me, school is a place where children just don't get knowledge in mathematics and history, but learn to be social. Understand how to communicate with girls and boys. A different approach is needed to all children, not a group of boys or girls.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You're right. They do, and LEGO did it right, IMO. LEGO was under fire for it too.

It worked and the lines are pretty successful.

Their girly lines backfired with my kids big time, lmao. They won't even look at them, and have explicitly instructed me & hubby to never buy them because they won't play with them. "We'll build what WE want to play with, not what they think girls want." Suck on that one, LEGO.

The younger kid built a table for craps and chuckles yesterday. It took her a while, and she "hosted" her sister for tea at it Asian style (sitting on the floor) but the fact is she literally engineered herself a damned table. A TABLE. A load-bearing table made from LEGO bricks.

That's the kind of play they should be happy to encourage, not freakin' Polly Pocket-wannabe LEGOs.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
To answer JAG's question, both yes and no. It should at least be an option for public school districts to have some gender segregated ones available in a sufficient quantity. They DO exist already, but I think there's less than a thousand nationally, and that just isn't many, considering there's almost 100,000 public schools in total in the US.

(post by martingail11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've worked in a daycare and I now work at a school, k-12. No, children shouldn't be corralled into same sex schools. Different teaching techniques may be a good solution in specific areas of academia. That being said, I see children self segregate all the time. During breakfast, students set wherever they please, no assigned tables with classmates etc. As a rule, males sit with males and females with females. The Native Americans as well sit in their own groups. Also, age sits with like age. In daycare, I saw the same thing. People tend to choose 'like' people to hang out with overall. I suppose because their is some comfort in doing so.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Could have used it in my life 20 years sooner.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This thread has just made me despair altogether, bull# about gay conspiracy and how its weak women's fault they get raped, and then god forbid sue people!!!! What hope do kids have with adults like this around them.

(post by vinayakk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just because boys and girls learn things differently, it doesn't mean they have to be taught at separate classrooms or schools. A classroom should be all inclusive and should look at the learning needs of all kinds of students. Boys function on a different psychology compared to girls. But IMHO division based on gender will only do more harm than good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join