It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Brits really think of Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Can we get back to the important issue here? I mean, of course, his ties. Why does he wear them so long like that?

So wrong, so wrong.

Goes back to his tv, 'who wants to be Alan Sugar' days and advice from 'image consultants'. Long ties to obscure his gut, create illusion he is not a fat bastard.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
His twitter rants have made him a laughing stock.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

i don't think so, some are hilarious i'll give you that but i love how he shoots from the hip and says what he thinks, i follow him, wish british politicians were more like him, was arguing with my member of parliament on facebook the other day, total prick, when my friends started quizzing him in the thread he turned off notifications

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, lifes to short to speak about trump and little else fella.

I had a spare few minutes so I dusted off the old spoon and dove in.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

wish british politicians were more like him,

He sent Bolton to Europe and Abrams to Venezeula. I'm glad the controllers cannot have British politicians (albeit, useless bunch of bastards, to be sure) send such as those two to foment war in support of planet rape on behalf of corpocratic interests.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

a reply to: sapien82

you'd think the world was all about scotland the way you lot moan,

hahhahahah , coming from an American that's classic !

as for our "dialect" it's a recognised language in of itself you can look it up !

and dont give me your pish about what words mean at least I can spell English words correctly !

Jeez you'd think its all about America the way they try to change already established spellings of English words because they think they are so exceptional , where did you learn that exceptionalism I wonder from Europe perhaps ?

Just try to be different ? Maybe because the Scots, English, Welsh and Irish are different but we manage to get along , you lot cant even share a border without crying about it

Our tiny Island is steeped in our own cultural history we are different from you all !
We all have our own languages and separate but shared cultural history.

giant wall building a bit archaic , Trump is only what 1,890 years late by Hadrians wall !
oh who else builds massive walls now , oh yeh Israel !
Makes sense

Ken whits pathetic , trying to take the piss out of others for actually being different.

Diversity is the spice of life pal !

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Can we get back to the important issue here? I mean, of course, his ties. Why does he wear them so long like that?

So wrong, so wrong.

Goes back to his tv, 'who wants to be Alan Sugar' days and advice from 'image consultants'. Long ties to obscure his gut, create illusion he is not a fat bastard.

He should fire those consultants - it's not working!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

dude, i am british, midlands england. you are british as well and learned english at school same as i did, so take your pish, nae, baw bag, naw, and ken crap and start speaking english. okay my punctuation and grammar is crap but at least i use real english words, words which you know as well, just trying to be unique and different, it hurts my head trying to read some of your scottish rubbish in an english language forum, nobody else types in their dialect just you scots.
desperate to seem unique, it is pathetic.
and on topic, i like trump, aside from your moaning about the golf course thing his policies seem pretty reasonable, and a wall may be a silly idea, but protecting ones border is sensible.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

I can type in whatever language or dialect I please unless the mods have anything to say about it! yet I've never once been asked by a mod to change the way I type on ATS

If I want to type like that I can , I don't care if you don't like it

I don't have to try to be unique or different its how I speak every day anyway , so why change the way I am just to suit you ?

I have to speak normal English to everyone outside of Scotland so I do have to change just so others can understand me ,
telling me to speak English is the same as telling Scots Gaelic speakers to speak English .

You are trying to tell me to change who I am just to suit you !

How about NAW , awa n bile yer heid ya wee nyaff

edit on 19-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82How about NAW , awa n bile yer heid ya wee nyaff
see, more gibberish, this is an english language forum, only you scots type such rubbish, nobody else types in their dialect, just you jocks. it is pathetic.
on topic, it also seems only you jocks have a problem with trump in this thread, i quite like him, he is passionate about his country and seems to have done good work so far

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ladies, please - handbags away.

Our Scottish friends are welcome here. Except for one I can think of.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

i have no problem with scottish people, just the typing posts using their dialect is a struggle to read, they all know perfect english just want to look like they are different, there is no need for it and it is not helpful for people who don't use their dialect. i am in the midlands, but you don't see me posting like 'as any onya any onya, but yam norrayin no cigs of me', it is pathetic.

on topic, trump speaks better english than scots so he gets a hall pass from me lol

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Do you want to know what is pathetic , complaining about other people typing in a dialect on an English speaking forum
Have you nothing better to do with your life ?

I mean my heart bleeds for you because you cant understand it or cant be bothered the only person that actually gives a # about it is you !

One of the other British members was banned recently for taking it too far with us "jocks"
So be careful when you start using that particular term if not among friends.

I could call you Sassenach as it just means English person, funny how its still considered derogatory yet was never derogatory. Only considered derogatory because the English at the time didn't know what it meant.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Could be worse, could be typing in Geordie in which case none of us would have a clue what they were saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Was that Cornish? What happened?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

i have no problem with scottish people, just the typing posts using their dialect is a struggle to read, they all know perfect english just want to look like they are different, there is no need for it and it is not helpful for people who don't use their dialect. i am in the midlands, but you don't see me posting like 'as any onya any onya, but yam norrayin no cigs of me', it is pathetic.

on topic, trump speaks better english than scots so he gets a hall pass from me lol

What is pathetic is the person b**ching about something that no one else cares about, maybe get over it and move on.

Trump can barely string together a coherent sentence.. LMAO and when your "punctuation and grammar is crap", you should not be complaining about others.

edit on 19-2-2019 by Rokal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I am not 100% on that carpy , but I thought he was banned for taking it too far with the brexit , scots moaning posts

I am not even sure his ban was because of that or something else that happened.

So I can only assume it was because he was pushing too many buttons unnecessarily

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

it is not a complaint as such, more a criticism, you make it difficult for non scots to read your posts, use english like you were taught at school, you all know how to speak it, just want to be different, think of all the different dialects in america, none of them post like you scots do, they use english, it is a scots thing and i think it is an inferiority complex, desperate to be different to the rest of britain. honestly you are the only members on ats who post gibberish in your own dialect. if you couldn't speak proper english i would understand but i know you learned the same english as me in the midlands of england.
on topic, you only hate trump because of the golf course thing lol, name one policy of his which you think is so terrible for the world, he hasn't dragged us into any wars like previous presidents.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oh - I wondered what happened to him.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So he wasn't banned for using the J word then?

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join