It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Brits really think of Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well played

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He is popular with UKIPPERS and a lot of the DUP.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

Not when we already have millions of courses , and when these new courses seek to build on already established areas of natural beauty and wildlife diversity especially if they have scientific merit !

Why blame Trump, maybe you should turn your wrath on the golfers themselves? If they quit playing there wouldn't be any need for golf courses. Problem solved

Why blame trump ? because he is the arsehole trying to buy up swaths of scottish countryside to put another golf course there just to make money!

its not the golfers fault at all !
Golfers already have access to 100's of world class courses with history already here in Scotland .

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

Not when we already have millions of courses , and when these new courses seek to build on already established areas of natural beauty and wildlife diversity especially if they have scientific merit !

Why blame Trump, maybe you should turn your wrath on the golfers themselves? If they quit playing there wouldn't be any need for golf courses. Problem solved

Why blame trump ? because he is the arsehole trying to buy up swaths of scottish countryside to put another golf course there just to make money!

its not the golfers fault at all !
Golfers already have access to 100's of world class courses with history already here in Scotland .

All politics are local

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think any sensible person cannot condemn Trump, he initially never wanted to be president. This was back in the 80's he was asked, would he like to be president and he answered in a way that he did not feel the establishment was there to correct things. However you could tell he knew he could help.

If you watch this video, from 1:52 Rona Barrett asks Trump would he see himself as the President of the United States, his answer is very interesting.

As you will see, the people as he says that are capable are not going for office. Stating also those with the rights views, would not exactly get into office for those right views and that only the 'marketed' people would. As it is all entertainment.

He knew this, reason why he has created himself as a personality yet underneath he knows what he is doing. Anyone that has bad opinions about him are generally unfounded views. Rather pushed to think it by the friends they keep or the false media they follow.

Donald Trump also went into office on a bad footing, left with wars in Afghanistan , debt and terrible broken deals and poorly attempted healthcare. He will be noticed in time for his great contributions and I wish all those that have added to the propaganda to hate on him created by other billionaires to try shoot him down feel very bad about themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Big fan of Trump here in London, i hope he achieves everything that he pledged - I feel his pressure! I think its shocking to witness the war from the "media" against him. He's not a politician he's a hard nosed New Yorker property tycoon, he is working hard USA should be a little more appreciative. People hate over achievers, DT is not perfect but at least he is trying.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You've never heard of supply and demand? Apparently these innocent golfers are clamoring for more courses. If there wasn't money to be made he wouldn't do it. Tell them to throw away their clubs and go hiking- golfing sucks anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As a Brit I regard the Orange Bloviating Excresence as am embarrassment to the human race. Everyone knew decades ago that he was a terrible businessman with links to the Mob. He's been forced to declare bankruptcy so many times that he is be a joke. His speeches - if they can be called that - are frankly nonsensical, nothing more than a rambling set of screamed insults at anyone who isn't connected to his base. He's a political neophyte who is being beaten like a rug by Nancy Pelosi.
And then there's the Russian angle. Anyone with an open mind who looks at the dots that Robert Mueller is connecting needs to be very, very, worried. Trump has been taking Russian money since the financial crisis of 2008, for the simple reason that US banks stopped lending to him. I wonder why?
Let me be brutally honest here. Many on this website have jumped on the Trump train and seem to be dementedly clinging on, possibly because they can't bring themselves to admit that they have been horribly, disastrously, wrong. If Obama had had the kind of links to the Russians that Trump has - hell, if Mueller had a fraction of the dirt on Obama that he seems to have on Trump - then certain people would have declared him to be a traitor from Day One. I wonder why they have not come to the same conclusion about Trump?
In conclusion: he's a joke. And in a world where Putin is becoming increasingly dangerous, he is not the leader that the USA needs. He does not know how to lead.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: watchitburn
I agree. Trump is the master at baiting people to show their true colors.

Trump truly is a master baiter, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure that line works across the Atlantic, but are you deliberately feeding us cues for bad jokes?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

a reply to: watchitburn
I agree. Trump is the master at baiting people to show their true colors.

Trump truly is a master baiter, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure that line works across the Atlantic, but are you deliberately feeding us cues for bad jokes?

Does that make Mike Pence Seaman Staines?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Tell us how you really feel.

It's not my writing. It was the British guy. I am just wondering British people agree with it. I actually like Trump's STRONG decisive leadership and the way he doesn't take any nonsense from anyone talking back to him.

Being unable to take criticism without having a tantrum is literally the opposite of strength.

Being able to take constant abuse and disregard the noise because you're busy running the country is a strength (see Obama).

Bear in mind ATS is a far-right echo chamber/circle-jerk and I can you the majority of British people think he's a joke, and a disaster. Nobody takes him seriously and we're mostly just incredulous that the GOP are happy to let him keep dragging your global reputation down while increasing the national debt beyond all belief. Oh and giving significant tax breaks to the 1%.

It's only the Tommy Robinson crowd who seem to think he's good because he shouts a lot all over social (it's good that he has so much executive time to do so).
edit on 17-2-2019 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If it's one thing that is clear.....the rest of the world is too obsessed with American politics.

Dont they have anything else to do?

Like work?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Give us Trump in exchange for May any day! Pleeeeease.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What does the word 'yank' mean? And where did the word come from?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi

I read through this thread with a smile.

As a Brit I don't think Americans get it. On the whole we laugh at Trump, he has no style and behaves like a spoilt child. He looks down on an establishment that will stand long after he is forgotten. I wish him the best. I hope that he remains in his own blundering bubble and stays clear away from our shores. We don't need him....we already have Wallace and Grommit.

As for comments about Britain not electing their own Prime Minister. This is true. We are at the mercy of various self righteous businessmen and society members, all believing they know what is best for the populous, but we have to work with what we have- question every decision and demand transparency.

The main difference is that in the States you hold a puppet in the chair you believe is at the top. Ask yourself why he is still there. Could it be a diversionary tactic for the higher level to plot and plan in plain sight?.

Moreover, isn't there a major discussion about whether or not the American Presidential election was corrupt? Did Americans vote him in or did he pay at the door?

No, at the end of a long day I look forward to catching uo with his ridiculous antics, knowing that he would call himself King at the first opportunity.

It matters not not what we think, just so long as we do.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If your not American it means American, if you are American it means northener.

Originally use by the brits to refer to the colonists.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But why 'yank'?
It's a strange word isn't it....?

The brits were Tommies and the germans were Jerries...... they were names. But yank is like an action.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anyone could cherry pick a Trump hater or a Trump supporter, this is nothing more than someone trying to justify their bigotry towards half the American population. Just another "basket of deplorables" moment.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Last I checked, Trump is president of the US, not the UK. Who gives a flying f**k what the Brit think. And as far as the qualities they hold in esteem, those qualities will make them a Muslim country in thirty years.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join