It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Brits really think of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I believe he was a better option than shady as f**k hillary Clinton that's for sure. He seems to stand by his convictions which is admirable although a little quick to shoot from the hip in regards to international diplomacy. I think we could do with a leader with a few more trump like qualities over here right now given the supposed # storm that is about to befall us

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Considering how far down in the basement of the outhouse the British government is along with their terrorist loving; liberal crazies, why would anyone listen to them? Look at the mayor of London, it's got about as much class, sensitivity and intelligence as a pig in a blender.

Oh, and who cares anyway. Weren't they involved in the whole Steele fake dossier thing?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/14.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

From your source.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

I find it funny how he can say this is Trump, and in the same breath say

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

Apparently, Lance Simmens is a hypocritical idiot at best.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

"What do the Brits really think of Trump"

Not bloody much really.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I have to say the bit about being funny is the part that resinated with me the most. Now for the most part the article seems to focus more on Trumps personality than his politics, for me I dislike both is personality and his politics but lets stick with personality for now. The part about not being funny is oddly a big deal for us brits, as a culture we spend quite a lot of time taking the piss out of each other and ourselves in some very funny ways (ie, check out that video I posted) we like a laugh and to warm to someone on a personal level for most brits we need to be able to laugh with them and at them.

Trump is not a funny guy, we might laugh at him quite a bit but we're not laughing with him, its like of like that time he went to the UN and they all laughed at him. The entire UK is a bit like that just now (well for the most part) only either he doesn't get that he's the joke or that he just hates being laughed at. I understand why to some Americans this might seem weird but unless he can make jokes about his wasit figures like Andy can joke about his little girl toes then its going to be difficult for us to connect with him on a personal level. I also think that at times some Americans might see us taking the piss and take it as an attack, it's really not, it's how we show our affection.

And yes before anyone says anything the whole of the UK just had a vote and I speak for all of us all of the time so please none of the obligatory "ohhh and I guess you speak for all of the UK/you don't speak for me" comments.....Thats sarcasm by the, Donald, if you're reading this in-between eating a Big Mac during the fox-news adds.
edit on 14-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I find that odd. I find Trump extremely funny. I find people's reactions to his humor even funnier.

edit on 14-2-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I find that odd. I find Trump extremely funny. I find people's reactions to his humor even funnier.

Thats fine, am just giving you the perspective of a Brit on this.

Trump is a funny guy, unintentionally and sometimes in a you either laugh or cry kind of way but when it comes to him cracking the jokes he is about as funny a wet cabbage.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Whoever wrote that has tried hard to make themselves sound smart by picking on an easy target . Succeeded in a way

Oddly enough there are some Americans over here that really don't like Trump at all .

But nearly everyone's political perspective can be and rightfully should be overwritten by a few small but highly relevant facts , but unfortunately those few factors are little known , or generally underrated simply via necessary secrecy , ignorance , and media obfuscation . So for example the British in general may still be mistrustful and wary of Trump , helped on by a media who portray him as a crazy buffoon, but it wouldn't continue to be that way if the people understood for what reasons he also backs brexit . The same applies for David Cameron Theresa May Nigel Farage , Jacob Rees Mogg , it's too easy to tar them and make them sound like unforgivable villains which has happened a lot, when actually they've done a good job of being respectable statesmen who've been resolutely acting in British interests . It happens too much where people are ill informed but make their often harsh cynical judgements anyway .

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Hold on just a second.... did I really just read the names David Cameron, Theresa May, Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees Mogg in the same sentence as "respectable statesmen"?

Think its time I went to bed, I think am seeing things!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Simmens

Lance Simmens is a writer on contemporary political issues, having spent the past forty years in senior level positions with two US Presidents, two US Senators, two prominent Governors, the US Conference of Mayors and the US Senate Budget Committee. Over the past twenty years he has focused primarily on environmental issues and has delivered over one hundred presentations worldwide on behalf of Al Gore's Climate Reality Project. He regularly contributes to The Huffington Post and has been widely published in newspapers, magazines, and journals. Currently he resides in Malibu, California where he is active in local politics.

Apparently not a Brit but telling you all what you think. Never heard of the guy. He's writing on a Los Angeles, CA rag. Huffington Post also, so no credibility at all.

Congrats on being the elected spokesman for the UK.
When will you be Knighted?

Come on. Admit it. Trump is funny as hell.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Add a few correct facts to your understanding , and lose a few incorrect assumptions , you might reach the point where we're on the same page . The time we leave Europe they'll have done an outstanding job of rescuing our country from the dogs

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If you read it he says it’s made up from quotes her found online made by Brits

Directly from the article, which you might want to read before making posts like that....

Someone on Quora asked “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

Ohhh and I got my knighthood last Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I hear he's not too fond of Wind Turbines.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't honestly care where he's from or what others find funny anyway. Just pointing out he's not one of you.

Add together Malibu, Huffington Post and running for office and you get hyper liberal.

Most of my opinions on the UK and of the people there are likely wrong, because you have to live in a culture to truly understand it. Same the other way. It just struck me as odd that he is speaking for the people from another country.

I can't stomach Trump personally, but I do like some of what he's done. ....and I think he's funny.

Congrats, is your shoulder sore?
edit on 2/14/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What I would say I struggle with is the growing contempt some Americans have for the U.K. because we don’t like Trump.

When someone offers their negative and unsolicited opinion for someone who was duly elected then people tend to get a bit snippy. Frankly, I don't like Merkle or Macron, but I have never started one thread on them. You can't say the same.

You have plenty of your own problems to deal with in the U.K. Work on those and stay out of ours. Also, someone who lives on a damn island can shut the hell up about if we are allowed to protect our border or not.
edit on 2019/2/14 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am not really bothered about him. Although he was a far better choice than that clinton woman. Funny ? I once saw a vidio of him in Scotland and some jock had a balloon above his head making his hair stand up. Yes that was brilliant, really funny. Think it was on a golf course. Some of my friends like him and others don`t. The Venezuela thing is what to watch for, that could make or break him in my opinion.

edit on 14-2-2019 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think some like him, some dont, and the rest dont care.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I think some like him, some dont, and the rest dont care.

Quoted for being the post that makes the most sense. People are individuals. The UK isn't a person.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Speaking as an American internet expert on all things, I have the perfect quote for what the typical British (Red Coat) person would say if asked an opinion about Trump.

*ahem*

"Oi! That bloke Trump is a wobbly tory crumpet spiffle-spot tea and beans-on-toast Wembley!"

/thread

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More importantly what does Trump think of the brits?
Or their less popular cousins the scots?
Or the red headed stepchildren the irish?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join