It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Brits really think of Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

at least i use real english words lol, punctuation and grammar is secondary to that, everyone can actually understand me, scots dialect though, they all know real english words but use it solely to look like they are different, there is no need for it and it is unhelpful for people who don't speak that dialect.
trump speaks better english than scots on ats so he gets my vote for that

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

But, they are different?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

they are british the same as us, if someone is a gaelic speaker as 1st language and doesn't know english well then fair enough, but regional dialects have no place on an international forum which is english language based, it is lazy. they all got taught the same english i did at school, you don't see people from say alabama posting in their dialect, only the scots do it, and it makes it difficult to read their posts, just because they want to feel different.
good luck trump with your golf course there

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

what do you just not like the fact that I am different from you ?
Sorry mate it's a part of my culture , if you dont like then dont reply to me , don't read my posts simple I've not got a gun placed against your temple saying " read ma posts sassenach or I'll shoot ye "
Your basically asking me to deny mo own cultural roots just to satisfy your own ego!

Who cares about america and their dialects they cant spell properly anyway so who would take them seriously in the first place (that is a joke) , its my life I will do as I please, you be damned if you don't like it !

I don't consider myself inferior or superior by typing the way I speak normally.
However many people in the world consider Scots inferior by the way we speak , My friend Darren "loki" McGarvey has spoken about this before in his journey to getting onto various media platforms across the UK
he had to adjust his own language before he would be considered by anyone.

Because he was from Glasgow and had a thick accent.

So basically every scot who wants to be on a platform and be taken seriously needs to basically "Ewan MacGregor film voice" yourself.

But its not reality , its a falsehood a pretense an illusion

just like when Brits go on holiday and SPEAK LOUDER AND SLOWER , its fake

just like Silly Bill and Brains, two Scots rappers who pretended to be american to get signed !

At the end of the day , I simply dont care what you think about how I speak and find it pathetic that you decided to waste your own time to bring this up!

So thank for that I'll be sure to recommend you for promotion with the language police !

edit on 19-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
How did this thread become about dialect instead of opinions on Trump. Let’s get back to how you feel about Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

excellent, a long post and only the hint of regional dialect

i totally understood what your message was, see, you can speak english, it is just a choice to use that gibberish which nobody outside of scotland can understand, you get a gold star for that post

On topic, Go Trump!!! hope your golf course is successful and all the signs/menu's or whatever are in real english lol

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

just like when Brits go on holiday and SPEAK LOUDER AND SLOWER , its fake

That's because we assume that foreigners are deaf.

Silly really, I saw a website that translates "2 beers, please" into most languages so no excuse really.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
How did this thread become about dialect instead of opinions on Trump. Let’s get back to how you feel about Trump.
it became a scottish festival of hating trump for a while and they were using their regional dialect words which an english speaker wouldn't understand. i criticised it because they all learned english like i did, then the scots got butt hurt so it escalated.
on topic though, trump is okay in my books, the scots only hate him over the golf course thing lol

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

One man and his ego!

I just dislike trump all together!

I've never liked him ever since I seen him on tv in the 80's

Just something creepy about him

As for his policies well he left a Disabled sized hole in his election campaign and disabled citizens policy as he didnt mention it at any great length.

He decided to close down the deals Obama made with Cuba, which would have been a better working relationship
than before.

Trumps Deploy or get out policy which meant disabled and HIV positive soldiers could no longer serve in the military even on US soil !
not good enough for desk jobs etc which to me is discriminatory

then trumps complete disregard for climate change and protection of the environment simply because it will cost his buddies too much money!

Also would severely impact the US as they are a major polluter

bombed out the of the paris deal despite 200 other countries being signed up , not really united with the rest of the world in combating our affects on the environment.

Dakota pipeline deal going through meaning his buddies get rich !

he also changed animal welfare regs to benefit his trophy hunting pals !

those are just some of things of the top of my head

Oh yeh and his complete disregard and disrespect of women in general

also his arrogance , his feigned often delusional superiority complex

If Einstein was alive , and sitting in a room with trump, trump would still claim no one knows more about special relativity than he does, No one is more great at special relativity than he is!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

it became a scottish festival of hating trump for a while and they were using their regional dialect words which an english speaker wouldn't understand. i criticised it because they all learned english like i did, then the scots got butt hurt so it escalated.
on topic though, trump is okay in my books, the scots only hate him over the golf course thing lol

The only person that was butt hurt was you obviously since you brought it up , you got selective memory or something, It's all in this thread for everyone to see!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

excellent, you are speaking proper english again

we are making progress, go trump maga!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Oh never mind the 5 million we had to pay in security for the fat prick to come golfing here whilst on his diplomatic trip to Britain when we have nearly a million kids in Glasgow living in poverty and under 10 years of tory austerity

We have to shell out 5 million of tax payers money so he can play golf!

Aye , he is totally sound, such a lovely man , perfect ambassador , cares about everyone !

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

glasgow poverty is the domain of the scottish government, your crap snp government has had all the chances to change stuff over the years, they are crap, don't blame trump lol
moan moan moan lmao, but at least you are speaking english while you criticise trump, well done sticker badge for you

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

excellent, you are speaking proper english again

we are making progress, go trump maga!!!

I've told you before , Scots is its own recognised language unless you disagree with professional linguists ?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

i have also told you that this is an english language forum, nobody else types in their regional dialect, only scots, it is pathetic. you learned the same english i did at school, stop making out a regional dialect is a language, it is not, same as my brummy dialect, if you were gaelic as a first language and didn't know much english then fair enough, but it is not, just a dialect same as me in the midlands of england.
go trump! maga!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Don't care for your opinion , since all you have done is attack me for being me instead of anything else i've said about trump!

personal insults

reminds me of CornishCelticGuy

funny how you registered after he disappeared

Just because you cant accept that Scots is it's own language doesn't make that any less real to the rest of the world or the academic community of linguists who categorised it as such your personal incredulity is obvious!

Honestly your just painting yourself as a bigot

and yet you persist to whine about how you dont like it , unless the mods tell me otherwise I will continue to post as I see fit in any combination of languages I see fit !

Until such time I suggest you focus on the matter at hand rather than continue your childish assault on my person because you have no other points to raise apart from my language and "MAGA"

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

ahhh hello again.

I was starting to miss your anti-Scottish rants.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

All a bit rich coming from someone who seems incapable of using capital letters.

I think most British members sometimes use local colloquialisms or dialects when writing.
Personally I don't find it a problem, you obviously do.

I used to be a little bit obsessed with spelling and grammar but with time I've realised its the content that's important, the rest is just fluff really.

Anyway, thread well and truly derailed.....wonder what our colonial cousins from across the pond make of that?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
MAGA!
honestly you scots moaning about trump, what specific policies of his are you against? the wall? defending their southern border? all i see is you moaning about the golf course thing, it went through the courts, he won, get over it lol
who is this cornish guy you are going on about? couple of people have said that now, i am in the midlands of england, been to cornwall for holidays though, nice place, better than here lol

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

at least i use english words lol
trump uses real english words as well, maybe doesn't always know how to string them together but real english, you should follow him on twitter, he is funny

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join