It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Brits really think of Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I read this article on what the Brits supposedly think of Trump. I know there are lot Europeans on ATS. I would love to hear your comments on this article confirming if the criticisms and commentary on Trump hold any truth with the British people.

I think the commentary below may be to harsh of a criticism. I'm not sure. I think I am biased so it's really hard for me to judge if the commentary below is accurate. As a fellow New Jerseyan (exit 114), I am hoping for the best for Trump since he's the first president from New Jersey in my lifetime. Then again, he is from Exit 38!

Thoughts? Is the criticism too sharp?

To Brits, Trump Makes Dubya Look Smart

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

He has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

edit on 14-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Feb 14 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags and trimmed HUGE quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Tell us how you really feel.

It's not my writing. It was the British guy. I am just wondering British people agree with it. I actually like Trump's STRONG decisive leadership and the way he doesn't take any nonsense from anyone talking back to him.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

No problem. I think it's just interesting to see what people outside the United States think of us. In case we ever need to be allies or something.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Another leftist screeching.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Orange man bad!

It's actually kind of impressive, the ability to trigger someone all the way across the ocean.
edit on 14-2-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I agree. Trump is the master at baiting people to show their true colors.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So, you're saying Trump isn't this man's cup of tea?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I do find it funny as a yank that parts of Europe are so fast to attack trump almost as if they themselves haven't had some real winners in the big boy/girl chair over the years.

As far as the UK, I could see the world turned into a ball of fire before we wouldn't stand side by side.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm not speaking for the Brits. I live in New Jersey. Trump's glorious home state!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry just a general reply directed at the article not you in particular.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I do find it funny as a yank that parts of Europe are so fast to attack trump almost as if they themselves haven't had some real winners in the big boy/girl chair over the years.

As far as the UK, I could see the world turned into a ball of fire before we wouldn't stand side by side.

In fairness, the British don't even elect their Prime Minister. They have no room to talk about American politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Who?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well, we all must make compromises when it comes to the BIS Central Bank. I think the Europeans are pretty much back in charge since the low point after WWII.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree. And for myself, I do not pretend to be an authority on what the British people think in general. I think the article probably represents the general consensus which is what I was hoping to confirm with this thread. It's pretty late in London right now maybe some real Brits will comment tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Good thing they didn't vote for him, huh?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Look into what he done to the people of Aberdeen.

Yeah, trump is not a popular guy round these parts, never really has been.

Now I could list off loads of stuff I dislike about Trump, but av done all that before.

What I would say I struggle with is the growing contempt some Americans have for the U.K. because we don’t like Trump. I have seen too many Trump supporters take it personally that we don’t like trump, as if we are attacking them personally. Me not liking Trump does not equate to not liking Americans or America in general.
edit on 14-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

He's an idiot. He used bullying tactics to acquire land for his resort. Getting paid was an issue for many of the contractors. The first time I've ever felt ashamed for America (home to some very good friends and family members) was when they elected the annoying orange...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Alba gu bràth!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Alba gu bràth!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join