It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I hope that since he's going the national emergency route, he goes all in.

Allocate 100M+ plus, shut down border crossings to continue to put pressure on mexico to shore up it's southern border.

You know the Democrats are doing to try to get judges to block whatever he does...

And all the Americans that own land on the border that will now have to be taken through imminent domain. The litigation alone on that part will take years and years.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
a reply to: dug88
Duuuude
Don't go there
Shhh

Go where? I just posted something that this reminded me of. Any implications or connections made are solely up to the interpretation of the one reading it. If you make such a connection yourself that's not my doing.

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: dug88
President using a national emergency to bypass the checks and balances of Democratic government....this sounds familiar.

Just for some perspective:

Since that first order in 1979, American presidents have declared 58 national emergencies. According to the Brennan Center's running count, 31 of these are still in effect—including the ban on Iranian property, which was extended in November of 2018. In other words, the country has been in some state of emergency for almost four decades.

psmag.com...

But when Trump does it.....

Yeah I seen that earlier in the thread. How many of those caused government shutdowns and put half the government(and country) against itself?
edit on 14/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

Is butthurt covered under your Medicaid plan?

I go to the VA, they give us vets great care.

Good, good! I'd hate to see any who have served get laid low by untreated butthurt.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh! And there's that really small number of people who don't want secure borders just because Trump.

There's some more millions.

edit on 14-2-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Seems quite clear that the large majority of lawmakers do not want to put an end to illegal immigration.

Congress will be doing the same next year and the year after. Token fence work forever for an appearance of caring.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

I am not a lawyer, so I am talking out my azz as far as the process is concerned. However, you just know they will file some sort of challenge claiming the President has no authority just like they did earlier in his term.

I know its a dumb a$$ question, but:

If the president doesn't have the authority, then who does ???

Only President's named Obama have the authority, duh...........

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Allocate 100M+ plus, shut down border crossings to continue to put pressure on mexico to shore up it's southern border.

Have you ever seen Mexico's Southern border? It is their states of Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche and Quintana Roo. I haveflown charters into Tuxtla Gutierrez, Villa Hermosa and Chetumal on the Mexican side, and El Mirador on the Guatamala side, The whole border would be a nightmare for building a wall or fence. Most is impentrable jungle. There is only one road from Guatamala to Mexico, whic on the Southern end extends into El Salvador. It is riddled with mountain ranges. The border is not well defined or marked. To shore up a border, you have to know where it is.
By shutting down our Southern border, we lose out on a quarter of a trillion (Yeah, with a T) dollars of export dollars, and since the balave of trade with Mexico is $70 Billion in our favor, it would be a big hit to our overall trade balace. And the cost of many fruits a veggies would skyrocket.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
He should just make a deal with elchapo to pay for it.
Let him go for 5 billion.

Why when we can potentially use all his seized money for that purpose, which might end up at 14 Billion according to some estimates.
El Chappo will have to name who he bribed with evidence to get any sort of leniency.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby
Interesting list of Democrats in the senate that voted against the funding and border security bill:
Booker, Gillibrand, Harris, Markey, and Warren.

I wonder what those psychos have in common ? 🤣

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

You know the Democrats are doing to try to get judges to block whatever he does...

And all the Americans that own land on the border that will now have to be taken through imminent domain. The litigation alone on that part will take years and years.

Well at least the Border Patrol will know where to hang out 😎

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Why when we can potentially use all his seized money for that purpose, which might end up at 14 Billion according to some estimates.
El Chappo will have to name who he bribed with evidence to get any sort of leniency.

Tell ted i said hello. Potentially it is a far stretch and trump will be lucky to scrape up a couple billion through emergency funding and that will all be held up in courts and after the first contractor fails to be paid for work then it all goes down the drain.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good, bout time to end this ridiculous budget dance.

Article 1, section 9 of the U.S. Constitution specifies that "No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law."

Congress holds the purse strings.

If Presidents can NOW simply declare national emergencies to run around congress, what do you think a Democrat President might Consider a National Emergency? 40,000 People, 1200 of which are children killed by guns every year?

Now you might want to have that debate, but if Presidents simply can declare National emergencies to circumvent congress, then there is no debate.

This is wildly damaging to the balance of powers, unconstitutional and will have long-term dangerous consequences.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: shooterbrody

abcnews.go.com...
not unheard of here
well within his constitutionally appointed powers as POTUS
who doesn't want the usa to be safe and secure? bet we find out soon.

Yeah am aware of that but from the limited stuff I have read regarding reaction to this it looks like it could be controversial.

Of course it will be controversial...at least to Democrats.
In reality, taking executive action to save thousands of women, hundreds of thousands of Amercians (if not millions) and hundreds of thousands of children from crime is a pretty great thing to do.

The court challenges will come and we will see where it lands.

This is a win / win for Trump. He's done something to fix the border crisis and if people stop him doing it through the courts, that's on them.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: shooterbrody

abcnews.go.com...
not unheard of here
well within his constitutionally appointed powers as POTUS
who doesn't want the usa to be safe and secure? bet we find out soon.

Yeah am aware of that but from the limited stuff I have read regarding reaction to this it looks like it could be controversial.

Of course it will be controversial...at least to Democrats.
In reality, taking executive action to save thousands of women, hundreds of thousands of Amercians (if not millions) and hundreds of thousands of children from crime is a pretty great thing to do.

Happy days for the next Democrat President. Climate Change? Gun Violence?

Both have more credibility by far as a National emergency than nonsense campaign rhetoric about an ineffective wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for.

BTW your numbers are bizarre.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This I believe is going to be one of those decisions that when we look back in 30 years, Trump Supporters, Republicans, and Democrats alike are going to wishing that the Supreme Court shuts down hard. It sets a start to what could be turned into a dangerous precedent.
edit on 14-2-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Last one was 9/11....

Really?

You sure about that?

Link of Truth

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Lol.

Good luck trying not to prove there are multiple crises happening at the border and our resources there can handle the flow.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm torn.

I don't really care about the wall one way or the other... It doesn't address the root problems IMO.
While in this particular instance I don't really care, what about the future?

You should care; Columbia can only take so many Venezualans (a million so far) the rest actually may have a legitimate reason to seek asylum here.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Tell ted i said hello. Potentially it is a far stretch and trump will be lucky to scrape up a couple billion through emergency funding and that will all be held up in courts and after the first contractor fails to be paid for work then it all goes down the drain.

Once something is funded, it is relatively easy to redirect money to it. If they give him $1 for a wall, that is all he needs. Money has been added to the DoD budget and that is what will be used. Did you think Pelosi knew what he was doing? "Nancy, you have to vote for the bill before you can read it."

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

A NE declaration on guns and/or climate will start a wildfire economic meltdown 😎

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join