It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I hope that since he's going the national emergency route, he goes all in.

Allocate 100M+ plus, shut down border crossings to continue to put pressure on mexico to shore up it's southern border.

You know the Democrats are doing to try to get judges to block whatever he does...

They are going to try. It is going to the supreme court.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Duuuude
Don't go there
Shhh

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

Is butthurt covered under your Medicaid plan?

I go to the VA, they give us vets great care.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

I am not a lawyer, so I am talking out my azz as far as the process is concerned. However, you just know they will file some sort of challenge claiming the President has no authority just like they did earlier in his term.

I know its a dumb a$$ question, but:

If the president doesn't have the authority, then who does ???

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Brilliant, he can build the wall while the courts delay the executive action, then have the funding to finish it.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
President using a national emergency to bypass the checks and balances of Democratic government....this sounds familiar.

Just for some perspective:

Since that first order in 1979, American presidents have declared 58 national emergencies. According to the Brennan Center's running count, 31 of these are still in effect—including the ban on Iranian property, which was extended in November of 2018. In other words, the country has been in some state of emergency for almost four decades.

psmag.com...

But when Trump does it.....
edit on 14-2-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
He should just make a deal with elchapo to pay for it.
Let him go for 5 billion.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

Let's be honest: Does it really matter to you?

Of course! He's going to have to carefully word the decree. He's going to need to be crafty, since Congress obviously doesn't think there's an emergency, or they would have funded Trump's wall.

No - Actually the Democrats care more about getting new immigrants in to vote for them than what is good for American Citizens. They don't give a crap about anything other than their power.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's live now.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I hope that since he's going the national emergency route, he goes all in.

Allocate 100M+ plus, shut down border crossings to continue to put pressure on mexico to shore up it's southern border.

You know the Democrats are doing to try to get judges to block whatever he does...

They are going to try. It is going to the supreme court.

But aren't all judges old, white and befuddled !
out of touch with every day life ...
harking back to sepia filled memories
snifff

Did we all really vote for this gerontology ?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's weird that the opposition wouldn't fund the wall, but their obstructionist tendencies are already well recorded, so it's no surprise that they wouldn't. We know it isn't about security or cost or policy, it's not about borders or even illegal immigration – it's about politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

....so he decides to do something foolishly unprecedented and dangerous.

It is truly amazing that in this day in age with information available within our fingertips that so much ignorance is still chosen over stomping it out.

Yet another example of ego-before-rationale from ole Trump.

Try a mirror.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Seems legit

When the chiefs of staff told Kennedy about the Cuban crisis there was "a big red dog digging in the back yard" ,

which has now turned into more like "a pack of big red dogs trying the latch on the back door"
lol

maga mfrs

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have a feeling that many Americans will be offended by this.
I'm British though so doesn't affect me.

Trumps approval rating is going to decline even further I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Secure borders?

Who doesn't want that?

The people violating the borders and the ones who benefit financially from unsecured borders.

I don't have an exact figure on how many millions of people that is.

Oh! and the bleeding heart warriors who've been brainwashed to believe it's only about racism, they don't want secure borders either.

I don't have an exact figure on how many millions more that is.

edit on 14-2-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Trump had to. I'd not, he'd guarantee himself a term presidency

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting list of Democrats in the senate that voted against the funding and border security bill:
Booker, Gillibrand, Harris, Markey, and Warren.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero

I doubt it. This issue is the reason Trump won in the first place. No, this isn't going to help him in liberal strongholds, but if he follows through with it, it certainly will help him with the rural and suburban blue collar voters in the states he won last time around.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

Let's be honest: Does it really matter to you?

Of course! He's going to have to carefully word the decree. He's going to need to be crafty, since Congress obviously doesn't think there's an emergency, or they would have funded Trump's wall.

No - Actually the Democrats care more about getting new immigrants in to vote for them than what is good for American Citizens. They don't give a crap about anything other than their power.

Nope, they don't care and the greed will eventually be our demise as a country and as a society. It's the elephant in the room.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero

Why?

Why is anyone offended by this. All we are doing is trying to uphold our existing laws. If people did not support those laws the laws would be changed - but there is not enough support to change them.

All a wall does is attempt to maintain our border. People get shot for crossing borders illegally in other countries. If it does nothing else it will at least keep convicted criminals out of the country - how can anybody be opposed to that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join