It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Trump's crazy, but not stupid.

No national emergency will be declared. Just because there's a national-trump-emergency to feed his troll followers, doesn't mean the country is facing a national emergency...

But wasn't Mexico going to pay... or maybe the $savings on the new NAFTA deal would make Mexico pay indirectly right? Riiighhhht... 😂

No national emergency will be declared.

Last one was 9/11....

Trump's idle threats don't even work against Kim jong un, its apt that they only work on his base.
.... but we need better border security, a wall is not a bad place to start. Too bad we don't have any leaders to lay out a rational plan and execute... just partisanship bickering.

national emergency act

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bottomline if the left really believed the wall wouldn"t work they should have just let him build it watch it fail. Instead if it works they look like azzhats for fighting against it so vehemently.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

Let's be honest: Does it really matter to you?

Of course! He's going to have to carefully word the decree. He's going to need to be crafty, since Congress obviously doesn't think there's an emergency, or they would have funded Trump's wall.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Unfortunately, I see all this as political posturing, and don't see any real fixes coming any time soon.

I understand that people are upset with the democrats on this, as many have won their seats by campaigning using similar language as Trump, and only reversed to fight him on it.

That said, this wall is a small step IMO... And while I don't think it will be as effective as many wish... It's certainly a better investment than what we spend on national "security" abroad (for the most part, obviously some of those efforts are useful, but most has a hidden agenda).

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Very very good !!

Now is the time for President Trump to build the "Mother Of All Walls".

We should hire a painter to put "M O A W" on the south side about every mile apart.

If you really wanted an effective wall you would put Nancy's photo facing the Mexican side. That or that bug-eyed freak Ocassio-Cortez. It would be like a scarecrow only better.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

Of course! He's going to have to carefully word the decree. He's going to need to be crafty, since Congress obviously doesn't think there's an emergency, or they would have funded Trump's wall.

It's the Democrats who don't think there is an emergency. They don't get to decide that. There have been numerous Presidential National Emergencies, many of them still going to this day.

Our Court systems are overloaded with immigration Cases, Drugs and People are trafficked across the border and you don't think there is a warranted emergency?

All Congress had to do was get enough funds to help secure the border......they chose not to.

Ever wonder why?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Medical....

probably a bonespur epidemic!!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm a little confused... Last I heard it was agreed that Trump was going to get X amount for the wall, which was a little less than what democrats previously offered.

Then he's going to declare a national emergency after the deal is signed? I must be missing something here.. If anyone could break it down that would be great.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Please you cant believe that Congress is going to fund anything Trump proposes without some sort of fight.Democrats have vowed since day one not work with him, and they throw up road blocks any chance they get. Stall piss moan and complain is just about their only modest operandi.

They both ,Trump and the Dems turned this into a battle of will and wits, in an arena where there is already plenty of arms crossed standoff's and not enough intelligent discourse.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Schumer, Pelosi and Schumer on meltdown suicide watch 🤣

Adam Schiff not available for comment 🤣

Democrat Strategists (oxymoron) fumbling and scrambling like maniacs 🤣

link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: okrian

Thanks for your opinion, but we're winning over here clown.

Ah name calling. The "art of the right" on ATS.
What are you winning exactly? Cause Trump's approval rating sucks and the bulk of the populous are against declaring this so-called "national emergency".

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Is butthurt covered under your Medicaid plan?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I assume by now some liberal judge in California will have filed a motion to stop it.

If they haven't yet I'm sure their signing the documents now.

Let them. 6 months or less the challenge get squashed,and the whole time they keep building the wall.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's the Democrats who don't think there is an emergency. They don't get to decide that. There have been numerous Presidential National Emergencies, many of them still going to this day.

All of Congress, both houses, including Republicans and Democrats, are passing a "border security plan" and budget. If they thought there was a state of emergency, Congress would have provided for it in their security plan and budgeted for it. Since they didn't, and Trump want's to declare a national emergency because he didn't get enough money from Congress, I would think that he would need to declare Congress an enemy that's obstructing vital security measures by withholding funds, to convice the courts his emergency is valid.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Saw mention at one of the liberal sites that lawsuits are already in the works. Apparently they found someone Texas landowner and others to file suit...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's an invasion, run for your lives ...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump's crazy, but not stupid.

No national emergency will be declared. Just because there's a national-trump-emergency to feed his troll followers, doesn't mean the country is facing a national emergency...

national emergency act

Oh you poor lil thing, do you feel trolled by someone thats supports our prez and wants to have some form of border security? Life must be so difficult for you since Trump was elected. Do you need your binky and a nappy?
edit on 14-2-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I think someone may have done a stinky.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They don't have presidential power. Its in his power to go against congress when he thinks its a emergency.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join