It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The wall without reform is meaningless.
The system is broken and needs repair if not entirely replaced.
In addition to the reasons you listed.

I do not think ANY of the reasons you listed or any meaningful repairs to the system are in that spending bill.
More judges perhaps but that is just a band aid like more beds.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Who the democrats thought they were messing with?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

How does it suck?

We have super delegates so critics don't matter.

+11 more 
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Big surprise... the so called king of "the art of the deal" can't actually make a deal of any kind, so he decides to do something foolishly unprecedented and dangerous. Yet another example of ego-before-rationale from ole Trump. Can't wait to see how this plays out... history won't look kindly on this dolt.

+7 more 
link   

LOL! The hyperbole, butthurt, and everfailing predictions sustain me.

link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: shooterbrody

IMO trump had this planned prior to inviting chuck and nancy to the white house for that press conference.
Otherwise he would not have been so bold as to claim the shutdown, and publicly insult them.
Get what he could from congress, then declare the emergency on a problem admitted by congress that effects national security.
It is quite underhanded and could be portrayed as so in the media if they do not go to court and challenge presidential powers.
IMO it is why he sat on the sidelines and allowed the RINOs to negotiate with them. It exposed the RINOs as well. They do not come out of this looking anything more than stooges who don't care about illegal immigration.
Only POTUS gets a win out of this.
That is trumps style imo.

I doubt left wing media is going to announce that Trump played the Democrats like a fiddle and won.

no but if they did, and the dems did not sue, it could start a conversation to fix the system and not just a wall

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ah name calling. The "art of the right" on ATS.

Like Racist,white supremacist,tax cheat,Russian puppet aka the 'art of the left'.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"zi Bill" haz 80+ votes already on zi Zenate Floor 😳

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pelosi says zi Houze haz zi votes !!!! 🤫

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Best.GIF.Evar!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That is by far the funniest picture I have seen here.
bravo.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Cause Trump's approval rating sucks and the bulk of the populous are against declaring this so-called "national emergency".

When reality gets too real, I encourage folks to take a double of whatever you're having, because it's moved you about as far from reality as it gets...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That is by far the funniest picture I have seen here.
bravo.

Thanks I was saving it for Sillyoleme when the Mueller report of no collusion dropped but Ill re-post then as well lol

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

I am not a lawyer, so I am talking out my azz as far as the process is concerned. However, you just know they will file some sort of challenge claiming the President has no authority just like they did earlier in his term.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

Let's be honest: Does it really matter to you?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I assume by now some liberal judge in California will have filed a motion to stop it.

If they haven't yet I'm sure their signing the documents now.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thank you President Trump.

Democrats Gon' Learn today!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The wall without reform is meaningless.
The system is broken and needs repair if not entirely replaced.
In addition to the reasons you listed.

I do not think ANY of the reasons you listed or any meaningful repairs to the system are in that spending bill.
More judges perhaps but that is just a band aid like more beds.

Twice now Democrats have had to chance to Save DACA recipients and what did they do?

Nothing.

They will use DACA Recipients as a plaything as it suits them to have Big Orange Man be mean to DACA people.

Just to piss the Dems off, Trump should just do an Amnesty on all DACA people who qualify and have registered. Take that pawn off the chess table.

See how the Democrats respond to that.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join