It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What is a liberal household? The kids get to pick their own bedtime? Have a say in whats for dinner? Decide where the household money is spent?
I mean how far does this liberal stuff go?
My kids had a bed time. Now one is a dem but a Bernie dem, one hates politics and the other just doesnt care one way or the other. Maybe we shouldn't have given them so much freedom.
edit on 2262019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
House is voting tonight on the national emergency validity. How do you think that is going to turn out?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sounds like a typical failed Democrat household 😎

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Do Federal courts hear civil cases?

Jurisdiction refers to the kinds of cases a court is authorized to hear. ... For the most part, federal courts only hear: Cases in which the United States is a party; Cases involving violations of the U.S. Constitution or federal laws (under federal-question jurisdiction);

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well none of them are living in the basement or over the garage.
One of them is in the Navy protecting your sorry ass.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Thats what I thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just voted that trumps national emergency isnt..... oh well next time.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Mitch McConnell is saying that he doesn't know if trumps move was even legal.
The house has passed resolution to end the national emergency. Many lawyers weighing in on the legality of the move in the first place.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Its not like its a hurricane or anything...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Well none of them are living in the basement or over the garage.
One of them is in the Navy protecting your sorry ass.

You say. 😎

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Mitch McConnell is saying that he doesn't know if trumps move was even legal.
The house has passed resolution to end the national emergency. Many lawyers weighing in on the legality of the move in the first place.

As I pointed out in a thread devoted to the subject.. President Trump has 80% of the funds, even without a National Emergency. He declared the Emergency for reasons in addition to $$$.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He declared the Emergency for reasons in addition to $$

No kidding? You mean like for political reasons... appease his base before the 2020 election?
Yeah I got that.

PS where did you get that he had 80% of the money he needs? That is news to me. Sounds like more True Pundit bs

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Haven't you heard? In Trump-land: the wall is already half built and Mexico has paid out the nose for it, through tariffs!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Breaking immigration law is a federal offense and not a civil matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I just want to know what you think mexico paying for it would look like? Would you support the ted cruz bill to use the el chapo money for it?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Its not like its a hurricane or anything...

It is easier to clean up after a hurricane than it is to clean up after the mess of illegal imagination. These are not hard working families, they are border jumping criminals that have no respect for US law.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Haven't you heard? In Trump-land: the wall is already half built and Mexico has paid out the nose for it, through tariffs!

All that is built is what the Democrats have previously approved. They wont finish the job only because they are scared that will win Trump the next election. Ironically the Dems say that Trump is playing politics. Thay would be true on opposite land

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Trump said Mexico would write a check for the wall:

It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.

Pay for the Wall (pdf warning)

Edit: to your second question, I wouldn't support any payment for the wall because I oppose it entirely.
edit on 27-2-2019 by links234 because: second question

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Who would they write the check to? Then what happens with it. You're only a few steps from realizing that congress would still have to appropriate the money.

Why do you oppose the wall, entirely? You don't think a secure border is a good idea?

ETA:
Trade tariff's are specified in that document as a way to fund the wall via mexico. The way that the new NAFTA works basically covers it. So yes, mexico is paying for it.
edit on 3-3-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I wonder if Congress will next try to defund the military, in order to deprive Trump of that avenue.

Technically, because he is Commander in Chief, if he can justify using the military to build a wall (for National Defense), he's within his granted powers.

It all depends on how far Congress' control of budget goes. Can the specify how specific parts of the military's budget will be spent, or does their power only extend to determining what the Military's overall total budget will be?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join