It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster.”

Do you just skip these words in the sentence?

read.... because the election is coming up...

a few sentences later he even says so.

He is so screwed. He just cant get out of his own way.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MadLad

I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster.”

Do you just skip these words in the sentence?

read.... because the election is coming up...

a few sentences later he even says so.

He is so screwed. He just cant get out of his own way.

“I could do the wall over a longer period of time, I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster. And I don't have to do it for the election; I've already done a lot of wall for the election 2020. And the only reason we're up here talking about this is because of the election, because they want to try and win an election which it looks like they're not going to be able to do.

And this is one of the ways they think they can possibly win is by obstruction and a lot of other nonsense. And I think that I just want to get it done faster, that's all.

OK. Yes, ma'am, go ahead”

Ouch.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Apparently context is something you dont care about.

Just another checkmark for the propagandist resume.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal
This is the best thing to happen to the Democrats because he is only looking out for his base which are the minority.

The majority of America does not want wall and by placating only his base, he is showing every other American he does not care about what they want.

America wants border security, America doesn't want illegal aliens in the 10s of millions living in out country, America doesn't want our schools, social systems, ER etc overwhelmed, America doesn't want to spend over 100 billion towards them per year, America doesn't want easy access to our country for drug trade, human trafficking, sex trafficking...

The wall is one slice of the pie of many slices, and the left for some reason decided this is where they make a political stand. They already voted yes on it and built a good amount so the wall is already there, put there by democratic vote, funded by democrats...how do you all not understand this?
edit on 16-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ann Coulter called it. The national emergency is we have an idiot for a president.
Ba dump bump...

So you like Ann now? Lol that is rich... Would you like me to post a few dozen comments from her that you can also agree too..Ba dump dump...

So Ann wanted him not to sign again and put the Government into a long stand off, so are you happy with that? She wants Trump to not give an inch unless he gets full funding for the border security, and having such an extreme measure view point Trump doing anything less pisses her off...your new hero...

In the end Trump will not only get billions and billions in support of border control that the left did not offer in the past, but he will now get not 5.7 billion for the wall but 9.7 billion.

Are you tired of him winning yet?

edit on 16-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

“I could do the wall over a longer period of time, I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster. And I don't have to do it for the election; I've already done a lot of wall for the election 2020. And the only reason we're up here talking about this is because of the election, because they want to try and win an election which it looks like they're not going to be able to do.

And this is one of the ways they think they can possibly win is by obstruction and a lot of other nonsense. And I think that I just want to get it done faster, that's all.

OK. Yes, ma'am, go ahead”

Ouch.

Trump has said for hours of talking points we have huge problems due to border security, he spelled it all out over and over...the statement above is in the context that he is talking about the liberal obstructionist to a very serious problem. The problem doesn't become less serious just because the left have decided to use it as a political talking point for nothing other than 2020 elections. They do not care who dies directly from illegals or indirectly by drugs, which state goes bankrupt, 100 billion cost per year, social systems overwhelmed...so on and so on..all chump change to them compared to 2020.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Where are all those lawsuits that were "ready to file?"

Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Where are all those lawsuits that were "ready to file?"

Lol

This is not the kind of story that makes for good MSM sound-bites. The most important activities will be:
1.) Border Wall Construction Continuance.
2.) Ultimate decision by the Supreme Court.

The U.S. House will provide a little excitement for the Anti-America MSM next week, with Ocasio-Cortez's bill to block the President's National Emergency executive order. But it will be killed in the Senate.

And..of course, as the usual lower courts rule the President's order as unconstitutional, that will generate a good 6 hours worth of red banners and fruitless discussions by liberal news outlets.

Trump did a good sales job yesterday, of explaining how the lower courts will show their hate, while the Supreme Court will show their integrity. (Sean Hannity advised the President make sure he told American people how he expected it to go.)

edit on 2/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal
This is the best thing to happen to the Democrats because he is only looking out for his base which are the minority.

The majority of America does not want wall and by placating only his base, he is showing every other American he does not care about what they want.

That source isn't biased as hell huh?

Just look into their CEO Robert P. Jones.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

A father has to do the best for his children..both the smart ones and the stupid ones.

Trump Meets with Army Corp of Engineers after signing Emergency Declaration.

Source w/photos: twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
With the decades long Cartel power build up (and political pay-offs), it's just a matter of time until the Southern Border becomes the "Syria" of the Americas.

"Less Wall" = more power to smugglers 😎

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Perhaps no lawsuits have been filed because potus is following the actual law?
Imagine that.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Saw this;

Thought of you;

Ole!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

We still got that impeachment bet right?

What was it like 1k if he does/doesn't get impeached.

Imminent still right?

All that russian collusion I believe it was.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Saw this;

Thought of you;

Ole!

OMG. I laughed so hard that I literally had tears squirting out of my eyes like that Trump/Carrie GIF Xuenchen keeps posting. This vid is hands-down THE funniest thing I've seen in months. Thank you!

edit on 17-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The failed negotiator, going for the nuclear option due to his inability to make a deal.

Talk about setting a dangerous precedent. But hey, you're all happy for him to have free reign regardless of the constitution. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
The failed negotiator, going for the nuclear option due to his inability to make a deal.

Talk about setting a dangerous precedent. But hey, you're all happy for him to have free reign regardless of the constitution. Good luck.

Takes 2 to negotiate the Dems have sworn not to work with bad orange man no matter what. Have had that sentiment ever since they got submarined in the election in 2018. But you keep thinking they are working in good faith with the President.

They are idiots if they keep it up he will get re elected.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So true man i wish people paid more attention to this main point in all this
a reply to: Extorris

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The Democrats want illegal criminals to invade the USA. We all know the reasons...don't pretend you don't. But here is a new one. The Dems go to pass a gun rights bill and a Republican suggests adding a segment that would report to ICE if an illegal alien attempts to buy a fire arm and fails the background test.

The Dems didn't like that. So not only do the WANT illegal criminals here...they want them armed.

FoxNews - Democrats Don't Want ICE to Know When Illegals Fail Background Test for Guns

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: QuittingHeaven

Both Democrats and Republicans tried to sabotage President Trump last week.

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh, speaking to "Fox News Sunday," charged that the compromise spending bill recently signed by President Trump to avert another partial government shutdown was little more than a disguised effort by some Republicans to torpedo his 2020 presidential candidacy.

"Both parties have people that are still trying to get rid of Donald Trump," Limbaugh said, asserting that Democrats are also working to guarantee a "permanent underclass of voters" who are "uneducated" and "don't even speak" English.
He continued: "I read this bill -- this spending bill, this bill is outrageous. [It includes] welcoming centers for newly arriving illegal aliens, and all kinds of medical care" -- a reference to the allocation of $192,700,000 in the bill's conference agreement to enhance medical care and transportation for illegal immigrants in U.S. custody, including to shelters run by nonprofits.

"The purpose of this bill, I think, was eventually to be used by the Democrats and some Republicans to tell the American people, 'See, electing President Trump was pointless, worthless, he can't protect you, he can't stop us, he can't do what he said he was going to do, because we hate him so much we're not going to allow him to do it -- that's what this bill is," Limbaugh said.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

But President Trump's National Emergency declaration (and other things) will prevent much of the sabotage from being effective over time, by preventing illegal aliens from touch our soil.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join