It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just how much money do Trump haters think we will be spending when they get rid of private health insurance?

Because that's the plan.

Trump haters don't give one flying eff about spending.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

abcnews.go.com...
not unheard of here
well within his constitutionally appointed powers as POTUS
who doesn't want the usa to be safe and secure? bet we find out soon.

Yeah am aware of that but from the limited stuff I have read regarding reaction to this it looks like it could be controversial.

Even if everyone knows he has the authority to do so, they will still try to tie it up in the lower courts. Kind of like how they did with the immigration restrictions at the start of his term.

Your telling me that in state of emergency, aid can be held up in courts?

That's rediculous.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Maybe you're right.

I'm just always skeptical.

I feel like we feel the butterfly effect a lot in this country.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As soon as the announcement is made....

Lawsuits will be filed. (Already packaged, just waiting for the ball to drop)

Be interesting to see how this plays out.
edit on R562019-02-14T14:56:49-06:00k562Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: tinymind

Very very good !!

Now is the time for President Trump to build the "Mother Of All Walls".

We should hire a painter to put "M O A W" on the south side about every mile apart.

He should call the wall nancy...

Good call, nobody would want to come within 20 feet of it then.

Interesting strategy.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: tinymind

Very very good !!

Now is the time for President Trump to build the "Mother Of All Walls".

We should hire a painter to put "M O A W" on the south side about every mile apart.

He should call the wall nancy...

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Good. It needed to happen with Congress yet again abdicating their role with Immigration and Border Security.

That we haven't had meaningful Congressional Passed legislation in regards to Immigration Reform and Securing the Border since the early 2000's, is a pitiful performance by The Legislative Branch.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I will never understand why anyone would think protecting a nation's borders is wrong. This is our national home. We should protect it the same way we protect our individual homes. With borders, walls, security, and force if necessary.

I am pro immigrant. But I am also as anti illegal immigrant as I can be. IMO the only people who should not be allowed to migrate here are people who can not pass the vetting process. I would like to add financially stable to that requirement but that will get shouted down as racist. That is minimal compared to other countries. Some other countries will make sure you are financially viable, especially in retirement, before allowing you to immigrate so you won't be a burden to the tax payers. Its not unfair or racist or whatever. Its common sense. But then again, those countries aren't facing a retirement funding nightmare like we are. I dunno...but maybe the two are related???
edit on 14-2-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

IMO trump had this planned prior to inviting chuck and nancy to the white house for that press conference.
Otherwise he would not have been so bold as to claim the shutdown, and publicly insult them.
Get what he could from congress, then declare the emergency on a problem admitted by congress that effects national security.
It is quite underhanded and could be portrayed as so in the media if they do not go to court and challenge presidential powers.
IMO it is why he sat on the sidelines and allowed the RINOs to negotiate with them. It exposed the RINOs as well. They do not come out of this looking anything more than stooges who don't care about illegal immigration.
Only POTUS gets a win out of this.
That is trumps style imo.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ha Ha

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

IMO trump had this planned prior to inviting chuck and nancy to the white house for that press conference.
Otherwise he would not have been so bold as to claim the shutdown, and publicly insult them.
Get what he could from congress, then declare the emergency on a problem admitted by congress that effects national security.
It is quite underhanded and could be portrayed as so in the media if they do not go to court and challenge presidential powers.
IMO it is why he sat on the sidelines and allowed the RINOs to negotiate with them. It exposed the RINOs as well. They do not come out of this looking anything more than stooges who don't care about illegal immigration.
Only POTUS gets a win out of this.
That is trumps style imo.

I doubt left wing media is going to announce that Trump played the Democrats like a fiddle and won.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

abcnews.go.com...
not unheard of here
well within his constitutionally appointed powers as POTUS
who doesn't want the usa to be safe and secure? bet we find out soon.

Yeah am aware of that but from the limited stuff I have read regarding reaction to this it looks like it could be controversial.

Only because the Congress has failed to address the problem.

Democrats and their MSM allies will make it sound as if a Presidential Emergency is something brand new.

It isn't and we have been under multiple Presidential emergencies for years now.

Watch the media blow up about this "Unprecendented Grab of Power by the President"/

It's Legal and well within his authority.

Clapping right back at you Nancy.

edit on 14-2-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   
It was never about for or against the wall, it was a pissing match. In the end the end wall gets built just like Trump said he would do, right or wrong he wasnt bluffing.

As of January 2019, 58 national emergencies had been declared since the Act was enacted in 1976, with 31 of them being renewed annually.[1][3] The longest continuing national emergency dates back to November 1979 by the Carter administration blocking Iranian government property under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act.[17]

With any other President this news is nothing but lets just see how the media and Democrats spin it.
edit on 14-2-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only POTUS gets a win out of this. That is trumps style imo.

I don't think you're wrong, and he will get a win with his base, and this will be fodder for 2020. I can see the campaign commercials now.

That said, illegal immigration won't go away until the following.

-Stop meddling in the governments of SA to create instability, we will still feel ramifications from past instances of it.

-Make temporary visas more streamlined and accessible with proven employment. Make companies use E-verify, and create crippling consequences for those who don't.

-Federally legalize weed to disrupt drug trade. (This one would just be one blow, obviously there would be other drugs, but the bad ones would be easier to nab as we are not focused on so many mules/transports bringing a harmless plant).

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Big surprise... the so called king of "the art of the deal" can't actually make a deal of any kind, so he decides to do something foolishly unprecedented and dangerous. Yet another example of ego-before-rationale from ole Trump. Can't wait to see how this plays out... history won't look kindly on this dolt.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I wonder what kind of emergency Trump will declare! Economic? Humanitarian? Security?

(post by PurpleFox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My guess is national security

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: okrian

Thanks for your opinion, but we're winning over here clown.

Ah name calling. The "art of the right" on ATS.
What are you winning exactly? Cause Trump's approval rating sucks and the bulk of the populous are against declaring this so-called "national emergency".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join