It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
jesus, another rambling speech by our dementia-like president....listened to it for about 30 seconds, and didn't know what the F he was talking about....if it's not written by other people, he speaks like a 5 grader......

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

National Emergencies are reserved for sudden changes in the Security and Safety of the nation like Natural Disasters or Terrorist Attacks with mass casualties.

I would LOVE to see where you pulled this from?
You didn't just make that up did you?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: LSU2018

You see a campaign slogan, I see a step towards a safer country. Therein lies the problem.

Now that's just moving the goalpost. So getting Mexico to pay for it isn't important to you, why not just put up more fencing at 1/10th the cost then? How has a wall been the arbitrary point you've decided to plant your feet at if everything else is mutable to your whims?

How has the wall been the point? Are you kidding me? I don't give a care how it's paid for. I'd rather see 10 billion go towards a wall for our security that I would 57 billion go towards foreign aid. It's a drop in the bucket and you're bitching about Mexico not paying for because Trump said they would. Is that more important to you?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Trump has already invoked The NSA three times in his presidency...why is this one a big deal? It is about Congress spanking the president and handing him a loss...but who is it a win for?

edit on Febam28amf0000002019-02-15T11:38:49-06:001149 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
jesus, another rambling speech by our dementia-like president....listened to it for about 30 seconds, and didn't know what the F he was talking about....if it's not written by other people, he speaks like a 5 grader......

Another rambling speech, yet you only listened for 30 seconds. What the hell is a 5 grader?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
from the actual law

For the purpose of this section, the words "Any national emergency in effect" means a general declaration of emergency made by the President.

seems it is left to the potus discretion

oops
all the ridiculous "qualifiers" for an emergency posted here are made up

edit on 15/2/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Another rambling speech, yet you only listened for 30 seconds. What the hell is a 5 grader?

you must have studied English at trump university

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wonder if the silly democrats are tired of losing yet?
edit on 15-2-2019 by NotCrazy because: Fix spelling

link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

I am not a lawyer, so I am talking out my azz as far as the process is concerned. However, you just know they will file some sort of challenge claiming the President has no authority just like they did earlier in his term.

I know its a dumb a$$ question, but:

If the president doesn't have the authority, then who does ???

The Constitution rests the sole power to appropriate funds with Congress.

National Emergencies are reserved for sudden changes in the Security and Safety of the nation like Natural Disasters or Terrorist Attacks with mass casualties.

Only in those scenarios is the President afforded the option to skip congress. "Emergent" situations that require immediate response where waiting on congressional deliberations would cost thousands of lives.

By all statistics the threat of illegal immigration does not qualify and as far as it can be quantified, the threat has decreased over the past 10 years. No sudden threat to National Security or Safety.

this is all bs
there is no such requirement or statute
why would you make this bs up then post it here as it is very easily verifiable

link   

How do you know he was rambling if you only heard 30 seconds...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I think on a grade of 1 to 5 to the President performance he sees the President as a 5 grader...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Man, watching this post has been a great time. Loving today. You're all great.

Filled with educated responses and then retaliated against with "Trump speaks like a 5th grader cause I only watched 30 seconds of it, hur duuurrr" hahahaha.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Only in those scenarios is the President afforded the option to skip congress. "Emergent" situations that require immediate response where waiting on congressional deliberations would cost thousands of lives.

By all statistics the threat of illegal immigration does not qualify and as far as it can be quantified, the threat has decreased over the past 10 years. No sudden threat to National Security or Safety.

So when Obama did a National Emergency against organized crime to include Mexico what do you call that. When President said he is basically piggy backing on Obama's national Emergency already in place and active, what do you call that?

All I read is if Obama did it all is good, but if Trump does it all is bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It was actually written by our very own silly.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Extorris

I would LOVE to see where you pulled this from?
You didn't just make that up did you?

A situation beyond the ordinary which threatens the health or safety of citizens and which cannot be properly addressed by the use of other law.

SCOTUS
"A national emergency must be based on conditions beyond the ordinary.

Given the Trump Administration's own Agencies have provided data showing illegal immigration is falling and near an all-time lows and Illegal Immigrants are statistically less likely to commit crimes than natives.

Plus

Congress having the ability and authority to appropriate funds for border security.

There is no emergent crisis "beyond the ordinary"...just the opposite, illegal immigration has fallen.
Any threat to "the health or safety of citizens" is less than the threat to "the health or safety of citizens" posed by native citizens themselves according to Trump Administration statistics on crime.
And
Any action certainly can be "addressed by the use of other law.", just because congress does not decide the way you like does not mean they are not valid. THAT is how 3rd world dictators operate, to declare national emergencies when they don't get their way from other branches of government.

www.duhaime.org...

edit on 15-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So when Obama did a National Emergency against organized crime to include Mexico what do you call that. When President said he is basically piggy backing on Obama's national Emergency already in place and active, what do you call that?

All I read is if Obama did it all is good, but if Trump does it all is bad.

Exactly! So many seem to have forgotten what Obama had to say back in 2011 about why it was necessary to declare a national emergency.

From Obama's letter to Congress announcing the Executive Order:

"Significant transnational criminal organizations have become increasingly sophisticated and dangerous to the United States, and their activities have reached such scope and gravity that they destabilize the international system. These groups have taken advantage of globalization and other factors to diversify their geographic scope and range of activities. They have increased and deepened their ties to governments and the international financial system, relying not only on bribery and violence, but also more and more on the ability to exploit differences among countries and to create and maintain legal facades to hide illicit activities."

The administration also notes that transnational criminal organizations are increasingly working with terrorists. (We recently illustrated ties between Mexico's drug trafficking networks and Hezbollah militants.) In 2010, 29 of the top 63 drug traffickers had ties to terror groups, according to U.S. Department of Justice data.
added bold emphasis to ensure it is read and understood.

Source

edit on 2 15 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

You see a campaign slogan, I see a step towards a safer country. Therein lies the problem.

Now that's just moving the goalpost. So getting Mexico to pay for it isn't important to you, why not just put up more fencing at 1/10th the cost then? How has a wall been the arbitrary point you've decided to plant your feet at if everything else is mutable to your whims?

How has the wall been the point? Are you kidding me? I don't give a care how it's paid for. I'd rather see 10 billion go towards a wall for our security that I would 57 billion go towards foreign aid. It's a drop in the bucket and you're bitching about Mexico not paying for because Trump said they would. Is that more important to you?

Well, if its such a critical emergency issue, I'm sure you can point me to some reference posts you made more than 2 years ago decrying the sad state of immigration across the southern border and the critical need for a wall, right?

Surely this emergency need for a wall didn't just materialize when Trump ran for president......

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CeeWhizzle
Man, watching this post has been a great time. Loving today. You're all great.

Filled with educated responses and then retaliated against with "Trump speaks like a 5th grader cause I only watched 30 seconds of it, hur duuurrr" hahahaha.

I watched it all and trump reminded me of the high school dork always bragging on himself about how many women he banged and how fast his car was, and sounding like a total fool.

That presser was an embarrassment.
edit on 15-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually, a National Emergency EO was signed by Obama in 2011. It is still in effect.

It is not just immigration. It is crime which is what he has said he wants to stop since the day he stated he was running. Always said legal immigration is fine.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was going to read this thread until I found out who posted
it.I will look somewhere else.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join