It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nobel Prize... me I will probably never get it.....

No schitte sherlock...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly, I feel like we had a breakthrough today.

I'm going to have a drink for you later.

I was going to drink either way, because it's Friday, and more specifically because I drink with days that end in Y....

But now it will be for you.

lol.

link   

Silly, I feel like we had a breakthrough today.

I'm going to have a drink for you later.

I was going to drink either way, because it's Friday, and more specifically because I drink with days that end in Y....

But now it will be for you.

lol.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You see a campaign slogan, I see a step towards a safer country. Therein lies the problem.

Now that's just moving the goalpost. So getting Mexico to pay for it isn't important to you, why not just put up more fencing at 1/10th the cost then? How has a wall been the arbitrary point you've decided to plant your feet at if everything else is mutable to your whims?
edit on 07am19famFri, 15 Feb 2019 10:32:31 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 15 Feb 2019 10:32:31 -0600 by Wayfarer because: editing

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

He is what he is.... has nothing to do with me.

Can he settle on a subject... he's literally all over the map...
edit on 2152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am drinking tequilla and singing Blondie songs tonight. I will remember you too!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

MeltDOWN !!

MeltDOWN !!

😆🚬

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

A lot it seems. They are really only worried about the battles and not the war. Each time they make these moves or do things against the will of the voters, not the president, they are making it more difficult in 2020.

Remember there were no Senate seats taken. The house seats were a pre-drawn conclusion. They were running off the wall and Russian Collusion.

Well, those items are both dead in the water now so where to take the fight next?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hear that sing songy montage?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

the will of the voters???

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: shooterbrody

...Russian Collusion.

... dead in the water now so where to take the fight next?

Wait a second, has Mueller released his investigatory findings and I missed it?

Pray-tell how you are conclusively privy to this information when the rest of us aren't?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Edumakated

I am still trying to figure out how the court system has any part to play in either national security or immigration cases.

Would there not have to be someone, who has "standing" in a case before the court, to bring about any legal action?

Who is going to file a complaint because the President is keeping them from being able to invade the U S and breach our security ??

How many illegal immigrants are going to come forward and file a complaint because the President built a wall to keep them out ??

But then again, some judge in District 9 will allow the case anyway.

I am not a lawyer, so I am talking out my azz as far as the process is concerned. However, you just know they will file some sort of challenge claiming the President has no authority just like they did earlier in his term.

I know its a dumb a$$ question, but:

If the president doesn't have the authority, then who does ???

The Constitution rests the sole power to appropriate funds with Congress.

National Emergencies are reserved for sudden changes in the Security and Safety of the nation like Natural Disasters or Terrorist Attacks with mass casualties.

Only in those scenarios is the President afforded the option to skip congress. "Emergent" situations that require immediate response where waiting on congressional deliberations would cost thousands of lives.

By all statistics the threat of illegal immigration does not qualify and as far as it can be quantified, the threat has decreased over the past 10 years. No sudden threat to National Security or Safety.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well if you dont go around lying it wont bite you in the butt

I'd wager that she didn't even remember saying that. Live by the ass talk, die by the ass talk.

I would not bet against you.
Guess it just depends on the day of the week?
imo it is a simple lack of integrity.

I couldn't agree more.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The scurge that is half past the hour on ATS and the bog we all get stuck in....

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
NATIONAL EMERGENCY is a Fact...As long as un-vetted/diseased immigrants continue to flow over the borders to the detriment of a citizen population which expects an orderly immigration policy so that a stable/secure society can continue to function as a sustainable, living organism...

the Democrat immigrant free-for-all, must be dealt with by monetary penalties on the Democrat & RINO legislators and the voter constituancy in those same voter districts which support the immigration free-for-all..

the geographic areas of pro-open borders districts should be apportioned their share of the costs of open-borders ->

by way of Increased Taxes on all the voters & congress persons that chose the dangerous & deranged open-borders/sanctuary cities/ un-screened for disease immigrants/un-vetted for crimes immigrants...

the 20 some primarialy Democrat States themselves (that voted pro-open borders) will cease receiving any matching funds from the Fed/Treas./DHS/et al./ to the extent that the total costs of waves of illegal immigrants is shouldered by the liberals & NOT the main stream of conservative American citizensin the fly-over nation

just trying to nurse & hatch a level-playing-field solution or remedy.. to the present Insanity

take note: Extorris ... the illegal immigrant flood of people is indeed a National Emergency, as All manner of protocols are shattered, extreme responses are needed to try to remedy heath/welfare/safety/ of the long term citizens and increased immigrants far beyond the former quotas established by INS to properly assimilate these fake 'refugees'

edit on th28155024957915522019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

🎶 One way or another I'm gonna get cha.....

link   

Yes.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm 1,100+ miles closer to it than you are.

which still puts you two thousand miles away.

What? I'm less than 500 miles away from the border and that's still too close.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
These people can pull a trillion dollars out their butthole.All a sudden they got 25 billion.All a sudden Trump has 8 billion.
edit on 15-2-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is a great issue to illustrate how the left does not want border security.

It's really that simple.

Good on Trump!

And again with the ludicrous conclusions.

For people who spew a lot of hate against "fake news," you certainly enjoying spreading the same.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join