It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

See it was more recently. I played when Kennedy was president. I see this is really important to you.
I said thank you right? Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sillyolme

this statement....

Immigration figures are the lowest they've been in decades.

Is like saying my cancer is not as bad as it was last year. NOT ONE PERSON should cross the US border illegally and a wall would be the next step to accomplish this.

you mean not one person that is brown...got it

Ahh. Identity politics... When you're looking everywhere for it so you call your political opponent racist, but nobody mentions skin color so you have to bring it up yourself to accomplish your goal.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Now he's buying Beijing for a buck....

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

There are three equal but separate branches of the government. Separate but EQUAL.

Thanks. Maybe you can explain it next time.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hahahaha....some of you still do not get it do you.

You see, first he signed a bill that shows that the Congress does not care about the American people or their wishes. By doing this and avoiding a shutdown he is also not affecting those who want a wall. Everyone gets paid.His supporters and non-supporters both.Congress wanted to pushed through as usual, was deceptive and will pay for it during the next election cycle.

Then, he will declare a national emergency. I know that Congress will immediately try to stop it, which they have the right to do, under the National Emergency Act. This will show the voters that Congress again does NOT care about border security or the safety of America.

It is not a loss for us a Americans nor Trump. He still gets money for the wall from the bill. Last year he had billions appropriated also that he can use no one complained about.The wall is fully funded but he has shown just how petty, corrupt and obstructing the Congress is including his own party.

He did everything you are supposed to and was blocked by politicians based simply on hate of him not what is best for the nation.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree with you more than you know. You are the line in the middle of the road.

link   
Trump is so bad at this. He literally said, "I don't have to do this" re: declaring a national emergency. I'm sure that won't be some juicy prime ammo used against him in court....

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hahahaha....some of you still do not get it do you.

Everyone gets paid.His supporters and non-supporters both.

Everyone but contractors you mean.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He did everything you are supposed to and was blocked by politicians based simply on hate of him not what is best for the nation.

it appears so

I am interested to see if congress attempts to override this or goes to court first.
How dumb are they?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Oh come on....do you? I have family in Arizona and New Mexico and southern California.

I'm 1,100+ miles closer to it than you are. I have family in New Mexico and Texas. My family in Texas had to migrate further north because south Texas was getting so bad. My uncle was attacked by 3 Mexicans when he lived in New Mexico and if he hadn't been taught the skills he was taught in the Marines, he'd have been gutted that night.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He did everything you are supposed to and was blocked by politicians based simply on hate of him not what is best for the nation

No... these people are not children.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well if you dont go around lying it wont bite you in the butt

I'd wager that she didn't even remember saying that. Live by the ass talk, die by the ass talk.

link   
"I get my numbers from a lot of sources.....
like my imagination." LOL

Shut up sit down I dont want to answer your questions.
edit on 2152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

AOC and Cortez are already drawing it up. If Congress votes on this and they prevent it then it shows true obstruction beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

50k people crossing our border illegally is an issue. The amount of money we spend on them is an issue. Congress acted like children.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well if you dont go around lying it wont bite you in the butt

I'd wager that she didn't even remember saying that. Live by the ass talk, die by the ass talk.

I would not bet against you.
Guess it just depends on the day of the week?
imo it is a simple lack of integrity.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

ok not this.... its trumps stupid campaign slogan which you guys continue to forget also included mexico paying.

Build The Wall and whos gonna pay for it......MEXICO
Remember?

Yes I remember. All I cared about then, and all I care about now, is all I've ever cared about since I can remember hearing talks about it decades ago. And that's a wall being built. I'll gladly give my taxes for it, I don't care.

You see a campaign slogan, I see a step towards a safer country. Therein lies the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm 1,100+ miles closer to it than you are.

which still puts you two thousand miles away.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

God he sounds so defensive and childish.

Coming from a hard core anti-Trump left winger, he must be knocking it out of the park.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

AOC and Cortez are already drawing it up. If Congress votes on this and they prevent it then it shows true obstruction beyond belief.

The way I understand this, once the potus declares an emergency congress can vote to end said emergency. The senate won't pass that as the dems don't have the numbers there.
If they go to court, while they have relief options the court will laugh them out.

It was really good strategy by trump.
The dems recognized the problem as shown in the bill they passed, their opinion of the severity just differs with the potus who has power to ensure the safety of the nation.
How much losing does nancy want?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join