It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares national emergency over wall

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

or Peaches....

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How do you feel that the US alone is tampering with South America ? (please use another abbreviation as SA sometimes refers to South Africa)

Streamline the temporary visa program. How , and why ? The "flow" is not sufficient as it stands ? You do realize the hold up is for background checks , etc. , right. You know , securing the US...
Careful with that one as I had a Nigerian friend come over on a visa , later take the citizenship test , and now is a US citizen
That is the normal "flow"

You don't actually think that legalizing "weed" will disrupt the drug trade in the US , do you ?
Don't get out much , I see

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

He should go inside. Crap softens when it gets wet.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You don't actually think that legalizing "weed" will disrupt the drug trade in the US , do you ?

Marijuana may not be where most of the cartels money comes from but it still makes up a large portion. Legalizing it will not only help to curtail illegal immigration but the added income the government takes in from it could then be used to fund some of these more costly ventures instead of going in to even more debt. You know, fiscal conservatism.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I mean what freaking rock do you live under?

Indeed WHAT ROCK do Trump haters live under ?

$1 trillion stimulus that 10 years later has not a GD Thing to show for it.

Student loan DEBT over $1 trillion.

2/3's of current federal spending is on SOCIAL PROGRAMS. The big GD 3 medicare/medicaid/social security Not counting free gmo food.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Marijuana may not be where most of the cartels money comes from but it still makes up a large portion. Legalizing it will not only help to curtail illegal immigration but the added income the government takes in from it could then be used to fund some of these more costly ventures instead of going in to even more debt. You know, fiscal conservatism.

Thanks for the chuckle

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Streamline the temporary visa program. How , and why ? The "flow" is not sufficient as it stands ? You do realize the hold up is for background checks , etc. , right. You know , securing the US...

There are businesses offering jobs to illegal immigrants so they can profit more, as long as that opportunity is here, people will come. So at least with a better visa system, at least we will know who is here and keep better tabs on them.

I also noted to make E-verify mandatory, and increase penalties for those that do not comply.

Careful with that one as I had a Nigerian friend come over on a visa , later take the citizenship test , and now is a US citizen That is the normal "flow"

Funny you call them a friend and word your comment like that.

You don't actually think that legalizing "weed" will disrupt the drug trade in the US , do you ? Don't get out much , I see

I said it would allow us to focus on the worse drugs as we would be looking at a lesser amounts of shipments.

But I'm sure you'll find a way to twist my words from this post and have one of your trademark gotchya responses. Because you are so enlightened and above looking at other ideas that don't conform with your school of thought.

#BuildTheWall and everything will be solved immediately, amirite?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Thanks for the chuckle

Hmmm, weird that you chuckled at a perfectly valid post, my guess is because the poster regularly has opinions different than your red pill tribe.

Colorado has even been giving back some of the extra revenue to the state's tax payers. It seems it's been doing better than expected.

If it was federally legalized, we could start addressing the 6~ trillion dollar infrastructure neglect.

A portion of the taxing on it could also go to border security.

I know this may surprise you, but whether it's legal or not does not stop people buying it tax free, where that money could go towards other things and relieve pressure on our spending to revenue imbalance.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

2018 was the first year that marijuana was not the most valuable drug being smuggled across the border by the cartels. Furthermore we can look at the value of drugs seized to see that legalization of marijuana has hurt the cartels. In 2012, about $10 billion worth of drugs were seized crossing the border. Last year there was about half that.

So chuckle all you want but the data shows that legalization of marijuana is having an impact on the cartels' ability to make money.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
trump and the republicans had 2 years to fund the wall.....nada, zilch, no deal.......democrats come in and all of a sudden it's a NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!......what BS Kool-Aid are you republicans drinking???.........by the way, trump is going to go down to mar-a-lago this very week-end to handle this national emergency.......

I guess it's easier to handle a NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!....while sitting out by your pool in florida.......and you wonder why democrats thinks the right is nuts....geez, go figure

and with that timing, the only thing you can conclude, is that trump and the republicans don't give a s**t about the wall, they care about keeping right-wingers mad at democrats.....the right is getting played
edit on 15-2-2019 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There are businesses offering jobs to illegal immigrants so they can profit more, as long as that opportunity is here, people will come. So at least with a better visa system, at least we will know who is here and keep better tabs on them.

I disagree. The deal is now , companies get employees from other countries temporary visas. Once here they slightly train them for a short period of time. Then they send them back to perform US citizens jobs. It is called offshoring

Funny you call them a friend and word your comment like that.

What is funny ?
That is the way it happened , and the way it has always happened.
Please enlighten me on the funny part.

But I'm sure you'll find a way to twist my words from this post and have one of your trademark gotchya responses

How am I twisting your words ?
I am directly quoting

trademark gotchya responses

Yeah , it is called , Denying Ignorance

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrat Inter-National E-M-E-R-G-E-N-C-Y 🤣

Gosh, that reminds me of a good masked man, once.. from here.. many moons past.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Good

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I disagree. The deal is now , companies get employees from other countries temporary visas. Once here they slightly train them for a short period of time. Then they send them back to perform US citizens jobs. It is called offshoring

If you have a source on that, I'd like to read further into it.

But it's pretty simple, if it was more difficult for illegals to gain employment, why would they come?

What is funny ? That is the way it happened , and the way it has always happened. Please enlighten me on the funny part.
You said be careful with visas because your Nigerian friend got one, came over, and became a citizen.

You said it was your friend, and I may be wrong, but I inferred you think it is negative they were able to go through the process.

How am I twisting your words ? I am directly quoting

By selectively quoting, implying that I am missing the nuance to the very things I'm talking about.

Yeah , it is called , Denying Ignorance

I don't think you're doing it right. Ignorance is lack of knowledge.

I didn't ever indicate I'm against the wall, merely I said that it won't be the end all be all solution.

Do you think that the wall will solve all of the problems? Or just most or some?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You said be careful with visas because your Nigerian friend got one, came over, and became a citizen.

Yes , you cannot give everyone one just because
That was meant to say my friend went through the process.
From what I deemed from your statement , hades , just let all of em in via visa.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge.

Or , a misrepresentation thereof
Still , it is denying ignorance
Which I have done
Done
Next.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Still , it is denying ignorance
Which I have done
Done
Next.

Haha, good luck in that venture.... But denying ignorance is hard when you serve as a mouthpiece for an ideoloic tribe.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.law.cornell.edu...

(a) In the event of a declaration of war or the declaration by the President of a national emergency in accordance with the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) that requires use of the armed forces, the Secretary of Defense, without regard to any other provision of law, may undertake military construction projects, and may authorize the Secretaries of the military departments to undertake military construction projects, not otherwise authorized by law that are necessary to support such use of the armed forces. Such projects may be undertaken only within the total amount of funds that have been appropriated for military construction, including funds appropriated for family housing, that have not been obligated.
(b) When a decision is made to undertake military construction projects authorized by this section, the Secretary of Defense shall notify, in an electronic medium pursuant to section 480 of this title, the appropriate committees of Congress of the decision and of the estimated cost of the construction projects, including the cost of any real estate action pertaining to those construction projects.
(c) The authority described in subsection (a) shall terminate with respect to any war or national emergency at the end of the war or national emergency.

congress gave the president the power to do this using the military and the military construction budget

seems congress is outflanked

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

congress gave the president the power to do this using the military and the military construction budget seems congress is outflanked

I'm actually starting to like this idea more, as I would take it that would mean our military would be using more of the budget at home than abroad.

It would be one of the more rare examples of our military being used defensively.

While I maintain that I think this is just a small step in addressing the problem, it's starting to have a better ring to it.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

that would mean our military would be using more of the budget at home than abroad. It would be one of the more rare examples of our military being used defensively.

that is the way I read it as well
congress can pass a resolution to end the emergency if they disagree with potus
I do not see how they will take him to court and win using a law they passed

he is beating them at their own game

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

He is setting no precedence.
Presidents have declared emergencies and moved money before.

Declaring national emergencies - pretty common.

Declaring a national emergency to get around the express will of congress? Not so common. Like his Presidency in general, and Trump being as political as a potato, he has no idea idea how to work within the confines set by our founding fathers to prevent abuse. Instead, he goes on a executive order spree (which he harassed Obama over many times), and now, being unable to reach a deal, will try to bypass congress again.

edit on 15-2-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join