It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy with just protein and vitamins?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

That's likely from the "B" vitamins.

How many grams of protein will be you be getting daily?
Also, you need to look into which amino acids you may be lacking not eating complete proteins, like meat.
Not that I totally agree here, but it is a guideline
www.health.harvard.edu...

Most multi-vitamins are a recommended daily amount, not an optimal daily amount.
For example, in the northern hemisphere, from October to March, your body needs a lot more vitamin D than you are getting from a multivitamin.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Then I want to inform you that plants talk to each other, they warn each other, they have sensens only difference they have is they do not have nerves and central organs.

I think the ethical reasons may not be valid anymore like you imagined it before.

Just saying, maybe you want to read up on that if it is important to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's all nonsense about vegans not getting enough good quality protein.

Combining foods with complementary amino acid profiles is fine. Also, these foods don't need to be eaten at the same time as some suggest.

Here is an awesome tool where you can search for foods and visually see their amino profile, and even find foods that complement it.

nutritiondata.self.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

What amino acids are you missing by not eating meat? Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would think you'd end up spending more for a good quality vegan vitamin (without fillers) than you would on whole foods. Vitamins are supplements.... made to "supplement" your already healthy diet. Mostly you'll be pissing it out. You need 20-30g of protein per meal so you're going to either have to stick to high protein foods or you'll have to adjust your macro's to be carb heavy instead.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The proteins in veggies is often not that bioavailable. There are problems with Lectins and antinutrients in many of the plants which lower bioavailability. I have read multiple scientific articles addressing this but have not actually tested on myself. I like veggies but am pretty intolerant to lots of them.

I don't care much for the type of vitamin you use, not that particular one, but the multivitamins in general. I tested the effectiveness of many forms of minerals and vitamins, I like food folate instead of folic acid, Methylcobalamin is in your multivitamin, that is good. I tried a lot of those more natural vitamin combinations and had some problems with all of them, I can't take a multivitamin of any kind regularly.

But that is me, other people do fine with them.

Actually...
Read more updated scientific materials.
It is somewhat true that some plant based proteins are not as bioavailable for absorption by the body compared to meat and dairy. This argument stems from something called the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS). PDCAAS was adopted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) as a measurement of protein quality, in solving world hunger. And as a result has been used as an indicator of protein quality ever since.

Looking at the PDCAAS, one would assume you can end up missing out on up to 30% of the protein from plants due to poor digestibility. But luckily, the FDA requires nutrition labeling to correct for this, and what you see on the label is what you actually get.

If you’re curious anyways, here is what research shows in terms of PDCAAS for common proteins:

Dairy 100%
Eggs 100%
Mycoprotein 99%
Soy 98%
Beef 98%
Quinoa 91%
Edamame & Chickpeas 88%
Lentils 84%
Black Beans 72%
Vegetables 73%
Green Peas 59%
Peanuts 52%

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yea I may consider getting a low dose Vitamin D pill. Honestly, I wish there was a cheap machine that you could measure your vitamin and mineral levels to see what you need more/less of.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: rickymouse
The proteins in veggies is often not that bioavailable. There are problems with Lectins and antinutrients in many of the plants which lower bioavailability. I have read multiple scientific articles addressing this but have not actually tested on myself. I like veggies but am pretty intolerant to lots of them.

I don't care much for the type of vitamin you use, not that particular one, but the multivitamins in general. I tested the effectiveness of many forms of minerals and vitamins, I like food folate instead of folic acid, Methylcobalamin is in your multivitamin, that is good. I tried a lot of those more natural vitamin combinations and had some problems with all of them, I can't take a multivitamin of any kind regularly.

But that is me, other people do fine with them.

Actually...
Read more updated scientific materials.
It is somewhat true that some plant based proteins are not as bioavailable for absorption by the body compared to meat and dairy. This argument stems from something called the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS). PDCAAS was adopted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) as a measurement of protein quality, in solving world hunger. And as a result has been used as an indicator of protein quality ever since.

Looking at the PDCAAS, one would assume you can end up missing out on up to 30% of the protein from plants due to poor digestibility. But luckily, the FDA requires nutrition labeling to correct for this, and what you see on the label is what you actually get.

If you’re curious anyways, here is what research shows in terms of PDCAAS for common proteins:

Dairy 100%
Eggs 100%
Mycoprotein 99%
Soy 98%
Beef 98%
Quinoa 91%
Edamame & Chickpeas 88%
Lentils 84%
Black Beans 72%
Vegetables 73%
Green Peas 59%
Peanuts 52%

Some people, about twenty five percent of the population, are deficient on the enzymes necessary to take nutrients out of plants. Those figures are based on the seventy five percent. If you have had your DNA done through ancestry, you can load the data into livewello or promethius and it can help you to find out ways that you may be deficient. My youngest daughter and I are the only two out of ten I have had done in my family that can effectively utilize vegetable oils, but the lectins from veggies, and even the albunim in meat can overload our systems and cause problems if we consume too much. We all have the kind of guts that allow improperly digested proteins to pass through which causes the immune system to ramp up and increases our chance of autoimmune genetics to start causing us problems. I love veggies, but cannot eat much of them other than potatoes and carrots without causing problems with the nitrogen. Potatoes must have something in them that blocks the nitrogen from being a problem. I have found a few chemistries they possess that could possibly dampen them from causing me problems but have no way to confirm this. I cannot eat anything balsam of peru other than tiny amounts occasionally or I can eat some of the BOP veggies if I cook them well, but not others. ICellery is not a problem as long as I cut the white up and avoid the celery salt which has high concentrations of Eugenol.

I am impressed with the plant defense chemistry, chemistry that the majority of medicines are designed off of. Trouble is that if you take a medicine when not needed, it can cause harm. I also have studied the potency of these plant defense system chemistries and most of the veggies, if used appropriately and timed correctly can correct most of the conditions people have today. The thing is, knowing when to eat them, cravings are involved in that and we have so many things that hijack our cravings or block our proper sense of smell and taste that our cravings are off. More people are being harmed by plant chemistry than are benefiting since they started to indiscriminately tell people to eat more veggies. It takes years for the effects to take place, side effects similar to the side effects of long term meds that have been mis-prescribed. This FAD nutrition ignores the FOODMAP which is pertinent somewhat. Some of the damage done by over-consumption of some plant defense chemistries is irreversible. I cannot eat the foods that the people in siscily or much of Italy eat, it would lead me to a life of misery. I cannot process some of the chemistry in sardines and mackeral, that has to do with my immune system being overstimulated by them, same with tuna. I have investigated lots of the superfoods, I think we are being set up to get sick because they are just looking at one chemistry in the food, and ignoring all the bad things. A conspiracy, but who is behind this conspiracy, maybe the people who profit the most from it, pharma companies and chemical companies. I know one thing for sure, a person's immune system can be steered off the right track with food chemistry which causes susceptibility to viruses. If you appropriately dampen the immune system, you won't get sick, but dampening it too much can allow severe infections to occur, even cancer. Too much antioxidant chemistry is not good.

I could go on and on with particular chemistries in foods, but that would take a book to write. Maybe it is time I actually wrote a few books before I die or something, ten years of research goes down the tube if I die or get some sort of dementia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join