It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Firearms Confiscated As A result Of Registration in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So I put this under general conspiracies since many people think registration is not just a list to come take them later. There is a video of the incident inside of this video. Does this seem fair? He does lay out a good case against the cops and you can tell they know it is wrong.

edit on 14-2-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Did anybody expect anything different from CA (Communist America)?

They will take his guns and force him to spend thousands getting them back. Then they will most likely sell the weapons to other states or the cartels for cash.

They have a pretty good racket going on over there.

I make it very clear on my property that there is no trespassing allowed. My yard is fenced and I have an intercom at the gate if the police need to speak with me. Anybody steps foot on my property I'm throwing hot lead first then asking questions later. I'll happily explain to a jury why I shot a couple of armed thugs (cops) trespassing on my property. See "I was in fear for my life"
edit on 14-2-2019 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"No one is coming for your guns".
"Registration will not be used for confiscation".

What other liberal lies can we expose today?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
2nd,4th,14th amendment violations.

That guy should take it to the supreme court and force a ruling, and put the people republic of commiestan in their place.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

The video pretty much proves that gun control isn't about protecting the people, but taking away the power of the people to fight back against a corrupt government. You can tell this guy did everything a law abiding citizen would do and the fact the cops weren't drawn and just talking to the guy they knew he was one of the good guys, but it didn't matter. They got their orders and are obeying them no matter how unconstitutional they may be. Would the criminal register or turn in their weapons? No they wouldn't, but this guy just learned that he is now a criminal if he doesn't comply. Did you hear the cop say to the guy when told,"Look, I am a law abiding citizen and did what you asked" and the cops answer was, "Yes and that's why we aren't arresting you.". Absolutely pathetic.

He will never get his weapon back, get reimbursed for it, nor stand a chance in hell fighting this in court, because the court is a corrupt as the legislators.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

They will take his guns and force him to spend thousands getting them back. Then they will most likely sell the weapons to other states or the cartels for cash.

I make it very clear on my property that there is no trespassing allowed. My yard is fenced and I have an intercom at the gate if the police need to speak with me. Anybody steps foot on my property I'm throwing hot lead first then asking questions later. I'll happily explain to a jury why I shot a couple of armed thugs (cops) trespassing on my property. See "I was in fear for my life"

I live in LA, and we have 2 shotguns and 2 pistols. All registered. The gun confiscated WAS NOT LEGAL!

By the way California is AMAZING!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The guy in your video, states the gun legality was questionable. I don't see an issue. He can buy plenty of LEGAL guns here.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I live in LA, and we have 2 shotguns and 2 pistols. All registered. The gun confiscated WAS NOT LEGAL!

Well then stay there and don't come to Communist America my Arizona.
edit on 14-2-2019 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What was not legal about it ?
Why ?
And you really should try Georgia
Oh , wait , no
If you think Cali is amazing (in all caps) please stay there

edit on 2/14/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What's amazing about california ?

Between people snipping in the streets,drug users,illegals murdering legal citizens and walking away, gun nazis, and outsourced film and television to Canada and China.

Go the people's republic of.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm a strong advocate of the 2nd amendment so I'm biased on the topic. California is a beautiful place but I wouldn't live there due to their policies and firearm laws. These laws lead to this firearm being confiscated. This man followed proper protocol by registering his weapon and was screwed in the process. The perfect example for not registering firearms in states that piss on our constitutional rights to own them.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What's amazing about california ?

Between people snipping in the streets,drug users,illegals murdering legal citizens and walking away, gun nazis, and outsourced film and television to Canada and China.

Go the people's republic of.

And of course before you move there I recommend you check the human poop maps to pick your living location... What a wonderful place...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Human poop maps!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My god, no wonder they all have their noses stuck up into the air.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I think the way it was explained, was that the gun would have been legal had he registered the lower receiver first or something like that, but since it was registered whole. I know the receiver counts as the firearm but there seems to be a loophole there in California with these. Point is, shall not be infringed means these firearms should not be illegal to begin with.
edit on 14-2-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That's a problem in itself.

When they call parts, firearms. It's just ignorant.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

California is amazing ? I live in LA also and it sucks can't wait to get out of this fricken state .

You are either - Rich or Very very high .

PS - I don't even register my dogs here .

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I lived in LA for many years but you couldn't pay me to live in that $hithole state again. That vids a good example why. Thing is .....the gangs there are armed to to the hilt. I saw this firsthand during the riots. There were civilians walking around with Uzi's, etc.... and not a damn thing the cops could do about it or wanted to do about it. Ca is not a place you want to be unarmed, especially in a SHTF scenario such as the riots.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is here.

One possibility is that if the receiver was manufactured as rifle receiver but then used to assemble a pistol, that would not be legal under federal law.

A 'rifle' is designed to be fired from the shoulder, with barrel length no less than 16 inches, and overall length of 26 inches.

In the United States, it is a federal felony to possess an SBR unless it is registered with the ATF to the person who possesses it. Class 2 manufacturers, Class 3 dealers and government agencies will transfer these firearms tax exempt but individuals must pay a tax of $200 to manufacture or transfer an SBR. ATF notification is required when transporting an SBR across state lines; this is accomplished by filing Form 5320.20 in advance of the travel date. SBRs may not be taken into states where they are prohibited except with prior approval from the ATF.

As a result of the Supreme Court decision in United States v. Thompson/Center Arms Company, 504 U.S. 505 (1992), it is not illegal to possess a "kit" allowing a handgun to be fitted with a buttstock and with barrels both under and over the 16 inch minimum for a rifle, so long as the firearm is only assembled into legal (handgun with no buttstock, rifle with buttstock and 16 inch or longer barrel) configurations. Assembling into an NFA-regulated configuration (rifle with buttstock but barrel shorter than 16 inches) would still constitute a criminal violation of the National Firearms Act.
Short-barreled_rifle#Legality

Before that Supreme Court decision I had two receivers, one(purchased as a rifle) for rifle configuration and one(purchased as a pistol) for pistol configuration, just to be safe.

ETA:

The cop in the video said that the firearm in question was an 'assault weapon', so:

Since 1989, it is illegal to sell a firearm that the state has defined as an assault weapon and that has been listed in the California Department of Justice (DOJ) roster of prohibited firearms, unless one holds a Dangerous Weapons Permit issued by the state Department of Justice. This includes many military look-alike semi-automatic rifles and .50 caliber BMG rifles.[79] DOJ roster firearms may be legally possessed if registered with the state prior to January 2005. Military look-alike firearms that are not listed on the DOJ roster of prohibited firearms, known as "off-list lowers," are legal* to own and possess as long as state laws concerning configuration are followed. It is illegal to import, sell, give, trade, or lend a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition, except for fixed tubular magazines for lever-action rifles and .22 caliber rifles;[80] however, the possession of such magazines is legal. *Technically these "off-list" lowers are Category 2 assault weapons under current California law. However, in the 2001 case Harrott v. County of Kings (25 P.3d 649 (Cal. 2001), the Category 2 assault weapon law was ruled unenforceable. With the passage of Senate Bill 880 and Assembly Bill 1135 in June 2016, the state's assault weapon ban has been expanded to include all semi-automatic center-fire rifles and shotguns with military-style features that lack a fixed magazine. This expanded the class of firearms deemed to be assault weapons to include rifles that were previously not considered assault weapons because they had a "bullet button" magazine release instead of a standard push-button magazine release. The sale or transfer of such weapons is prohibited, effective January 1, 2017. Those purchased prior to January 1, 2017 must be registered with the DOJ by June 30, 2018.

Gun_laws_in_California#Assault_weapons

edit on 14-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah seems great. Rounding up and shipping off the homeless because they lower the value of apartment blocks, Human fecal matter and general waste in the streets, drugs everywhere, gang crime, the rich live in gated communities so they don't have to interact with their people, actual slave labour thanks to illegal immigration.

Ranks pretty high in my list of places to live really. Right inbetween Moscow 1917 and Mogadishu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join