It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting case about possible ufo base? 1962 Alportel Algarve, Portugal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This one is from ballesters olmos files.

"A peasant saw a very bright oval object leave a place on a mountain. A few days later he explored the place and found a round excavation three meters deep and thirty meters in diameter. An expedition was organized in the town, and in the bottom they found three tunnels 3 m. high and 4 or 5 m. wide, with evident traces of sound construction, which penetrated deep into the mountain. They could go in the tunnels a long way, but, lacking adequate means of illumination, it was impossible for them to reach the end. Later, the religious and civil authorities decided to prohibit exploration, and covered the opening with rocks. "

First of all is this case legit or a hoax?It has a vallee reliability rating of 2(reliable witness,secondhand testimony)How on earth did they decide to close the entrance and not do further reasearch on this?

The only source that mentions this as a hoax is this here

ufoupdateslist.com...

Ps there is a need for a global free database to put these items of information so they can be available to anyone.Too many cases fall through the cracks

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

I'm not declaring it a hoax but it just doesn't read right to me or sound convincing.

However i enjoy the fact you've started a thread bringing up an interesting case for other members to read. Id like to see more such threads from you in the future. The post in another thread about a UFO spotted hovering showing a falling leaf motion was interesting and just the kind of case i like reading about.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hey Bass,This case is interesting as it was explained as a mine.

So we are to assume that the people of the village or town didnt know there was a mine in their area not to mention that the bright oval object was disregarded entirely.Its a weird case if true.

Any Spanish or Portuguese person can tell us more on this case?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Howdy.

My immediate questions would have been about the weathering or lack thereof of said 'mine'

If it was created by the UFO then it would have been brand new and had next to no signs of weathering or erosion. Granting they already had surveyed the mountain prior and already knew the mine wasn't there previously, a brand new mine forming 'overnight' would have been very odd indeed. I have a hard time believing they didn't come back with torches or a source of illumination to explore it properly in that case. It would have taken very little resources or effort to do so.

However, if the mine appeared aged or weathered then i could see how they would have written it off as such and sealed it up for safety.

Personally i think the place was an old mine 'rediscovered' and sealed up for safety.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Only one way to find out..
Get out and explore the area

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Because a five year old mine is going to have lots of “weathering”.......

Then the story ends with a classic play of “authorities stopped the search for truth.”
This story, the “authorities” literally blocked the search of truth.

Cave exploration is stopped because of religious concerns daily, it’s like the 11th commandment or something.

Serious question, where did the material and rock mined from the cave go with no trace?
Why hasn’t anyone gone back? What was in that mountain that couldn’t be found on a moon or asteroid? If there is a valuable deposit in the mountain an advanced race wanted, it now holds no interest to modern mineral exploration?

The only holes in this story isn’t just the ones in the mountain.

edit on 14-2-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I can't wait until this entire cover-up is exposed. We have a segment of the population who will deny we're being visited. Some will get their kicks-off by creating hoaxes. None of it helps us get anywhere closer to the truth.

One day the governments of the world will have their hands-tied. They will have to become accountable for their years of denial when these beings make themselves known. I believe a majority of the world's population can handle the truth. After-all, if they were malevolent and they have the technology to travel light years from their home planets, anybody with any common sense would realize they would have destroyed the human race centuries ago!

I could just imagine how much we can learn from them! They may even help us from destroying our planet, ourselves and teach us to become a more civilized and peaceful race. What would be so scary about that?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Send ArMaP (ATS member and moderator). I think he lives in Portugal.

edit on 2/14/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
sounds like BS
i do agree on your statement of a global database though

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
Any Spanish or Portuguese person can tell us more on this case?

No, it's the first time I read about this case.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Can I Google Map it somehow? Or will there be way too many old mines around to be able to pinpoint it?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Good idea to survey the surrounding area. Lets see if we can find the general location.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The problem with that is that we don't have any real location to look for. Besides that, there are several old mines in the area, some existing since the time of the Phoenicians.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

top topics

join