It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And in Other Westminster News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Can the humble bulldog do agility? Yes, sir, he can if he wants to. Are you going to tell him no?

So while everyone else was caught up in the judging controversy in a master wire hair terrior judge selecting the overall Champion who ended up being a ... wire hair terrior, this happened. A bulldog named Rudy came in a completely rocked the agility course. Sure, he had a fault, but only because he got a miscue. As for the rest, he looked pretty darn competent.

I supposed pugs have a rep for being pretty good at agility and bulldogs aren't built too differently, but this was a surprise to everyone as you can hear.

I think Rudy would rather just run over those weave poles though instead of running through them.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Rudy!
Rudy!
Rudy!

That was wonderful!

And Rudy was cuter than the winner

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow, that was incredible! Go Rudy! I don't know much about dogs, so is this normal for such a breed to be so fast?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not bulldogs. They're usually more like giant couch potatoes. They also have the shortened snout which can make it hard for them to breath which also lowers their activity level, but like I said, pugs have that too, and you do see a lot of pugs do really well at agility.

So I think the lack of bulldogs has more to do with their overall body build and I think they're overall not usually very bright than it does their shortened snout.

He was fun though wasn't he?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Rudy loved that. See his happy tongue when he finished. He's a proud boy!

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fun indeed.
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Rudy KICKS ASS! What an awesome little guy.

I love bulldogs (especially Frenchies) and pugs because I have 3 brussels griffon, and they have some pug in their genetics. Personality and attitude, these guys! 😊

This is my oldest griffy. He's about 13 years old (when he was a puppy, he was found trotting along the side of the highway, so we don't know exactly how old he is). I think he may actually be an affenpinscher, because he's more broad and stocky than my other two griffs. But anyway you can see the pug and bulldog genes in him 😊

edit on 13-2-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bulldogs can be very athletic like that.

They just do it on very rare occasion and only when they deem it to be of importance.

Then they sleep for like a week straight.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

LMAO
Yep.
Having recently lost our old English bull, Dozer, I can verify that.
He could run really fast..... for about 5 minutes. Then nap the rest of the day.
He could wrestle a full size human to the ground.... Then nap the rest of the day.
He could love up to a pretty girl, knock her alcoholic drink to the ground, lap it up..... Then nap for the rest of the day.

If he tried doing what adorable Ruddy did.. He would need to sleep for a week.
I absolutely love bully's.
But they are also the most stubborn, pig headed dogs I've ever owned.

top topics

join