It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar goes for the throat in a Congressional Hearing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm pretty amused that there are so many who think a war criminal is the one who needs your sympathy. Quite telling.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Let's be fair. These are the same people that think a cop shooting a child with no provocation is a hero.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When watching these the thing you see the most, and their trick, is this.

House Committee - Answer the questions yes or no.
Interviewed person - OK
House Committee - Pontificates with a statement and says yes or no
Interviewed person - Tries to answer
House Committee - I'll take that as a no

Over and over this happens and no on really says anything but the record will be reviewed and people will say he did say no based on our inturpretation and not the person giving the answer who can only say yes or no.

It is a farce. A circus. Russia Collusion was for midterms so what is the next scandal they can create?

In all honesty though what do we expect when we embrace the enemy and ELECT them after a terror attack on US soil? A president named Hussein comes to mind also...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
anyone defending Abrams in this should study some history. He's a complete slimeball/war criminal

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm pretty amused that there are so many who think a war criminal is the one who needs your sympathy. Quite telling.

What does calling out a Congresswoman's bad behavior have to do with defending the person she's abusing?

Is this where we are as a society? I don't like the guy she's interviewing, so even though he is there over an item completely unrelated to why I don't like him and he hasn't done anything except sit there in this instance. I am perfectly OK with this woman heaping verbal abuse on him?

I'll bet you think that it's just fine to randomly punch people pre-emptively over things you think they might do or things you're pretty sure they did in the past but aren't currently doing, too.

I suppose then that you'd be totally OK with locking up both Hillary and Obama over things we're pretty sure *they* did.

Also, it's pretty clear she's taking him to task over what he is, not what he may have done in the past. So I guess if I ever got the chance to cross examine Obama in committee, I could target him for being black, right? That wouldn't be at all beyond the pale because we know he was a corrupt SOB.
edit on 14-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm only speaking on this one thing and not her as a whole. In this case, this dude was convicted of lying to congress...why would you trust a guy like that? Why wouldn't we want her to be an attack dog and go for the jugular? I'm okay with this.

I like this new breed of politician ...her, AOC and I'll put Trump in here as well. They speak their minds. We may hate what they're saying, but they're honest about what they're doing an saying. Unlike your typical politican like Ted Cruz, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch Mcconell, Barbara boxer...where everything has to be subtle and with decorum and you never eally know what the agenda is.
edit on 14-2-2019 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I'm only speaking on this one thing and not her as a whole. In this case, this dude was convicted of lying to congress...why would you trust a guy like that? Why wouldn't we want her to be an attack dog and go for the jugular? I'm okay with this.

To be a competent attack dog in a cross examination, you have to actually get answers. She didn't get any answers. She didn't let him answer. She simply yelled at him.

Again, whatever you think of him. She turned this into a circus. It reflected worse on her than on him.

If she were Republican, and this were someone like Hillary, you all would be laughing about how disgraceful she is and how hard Hillary pwned her. Open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing

To be a competent attack dog in a cross examination, you have to actually get answers. She didn't get any answers. She didn't let him answer. She simply yelled at him.

Again, whatever you think of him. She turned this into a circus. It reflected worse on her than on him.

If she were Republican, and this were someone like Hillary, you all would be laughing about how disgraceful she is and how hard Hillary pwned her. Open your eyes.

Nah.. It's like Trey Gowdy. He was the attack dog ordered to go after Hillary. I don't hate him. It was a circus too.

My thing with Try Gowdy, is he never uncovered anything of substance and I'll say the same thing about this lady too.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Still, if all we're going to do is have Congresscritters sit there and make deeply offensive and personal attacks on the people ordered to come before them without allowing them to answer to that people like you can feel good about something, what's the point?

Are we now saying that Congressional Hearings are where it's acceptable to attack someone for being Jewish or black a white male or gay or Christian, and because none of us peons can do that without being racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, etc., and risk losing our jobs and other unpleasantness, this is how we vicariously get to experience the thrill of letting our inner demons out?

If so that's sick.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Omar was arrested and thrown in jail in 2013.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
The more I hear from and about her, the more I detest her and that constant smartass smirk on her face, can't stand looking at her either, just ughhh. She's a worthless piece of garbage.

For some reason, all the new female minority members of congress have very similar character traits with crappy attitudes. WTF?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

She's also a terrorist sympathizer.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

By your own metric, then Obama was either a war criminal or just a flat our murderer. He droned an American citizen with no real justification other than he wanted to

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

My apologies and thank you for the grammar corrections. I will try to be more coherent in the future.

First off, is respect demanded? I had always thought respect was earned. islam hasn't earned any respect from me. period.

Second, again my apologies. She simply called out a MIC favorite on his war mongering bs. I was kind of amused she had the guts to do what should have been done a long time ago, from any of the established political reps. Then I realized everyone was attacking the messenger instead of going after the ball .... the points that she made.

That created some angst and I expressed it unprofessionally.

my bad, I had forgotten that we are a war mongering nation and have been for a long time now. I had also forgotten that if you don't fully support the MIC war machine, the label of being an american should be stripped from said person.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Elliott Abrams was born into a Jewish family

Hmm...
Premeditated ?
In light of all her recent comments.
Elliott Abrams

She couldn't be suspicious because he was previously convicted of covering up an illegal US-Cluster-Eff in south America trying to overthrow the Nicaraguan government by selling weapons to Iran and using the money to arm the rebels?

He is best known for his involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal during the Reagan administration, which led to his conviction in 1991 on two misdemeanor counts of unlawfully withholding information from Congress.

You don't find it suspect that he is US Envoy to Venezuela given the current unrest there?

Jan 29, 2019 - While briefing about new oil sanctions on Venezuela, President Trump's National Security Adviser John Bolton caused a stir Monday when he held a note pad in front of the media at the White House with some scribbled text: "5,000 troops to Colombia."

abcnews.go.com...

We don't have a great history in South America and US Envoy Elliot Abrams was a big part of it.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: amazing

Still, if all we're going to do is have Congresscritters sit there and make deeply offensive and personal attacks on the people ordered to come before them without allowing them to answer to that people like you can feel good about something, what's the point?

Are we now saying that Congressional Hearings are where it's acceptable to attack someone for being Jewish or black a white male or gay or Christian, and because none of us peons can do that without being racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, etc., and risk losing our jobs and other unpleasantness, this is how we vicariously get to experience the thrill of letting our inner demons out?

If so that's sick.

You have to remember that we have that with the President now too. Insulting women because of their appearances and insulting disabled people. This isn't just congressperson thing or a democrat thing. It's all levels of government now.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I love how strong women make "alpha Republican males" shake in their boots! She is absolutely correct in questioning the i.s meddling yet again in other countries affairs. Have we not learned our lesson from all the countries and regions that we have messed up by our involvement?

How come we are not trying regime change in Saudi Arabia or North Korea???????????

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I love how strong women make "alpha Republican males" shake in their boots! She is absolutely correct in questioning the i.s meddling yet again in other countries affairs. Have we not learned our lesson from all the countries and regions that we have messed up by our involvement?

How come we are not trying regime change in Saudi Arabia or North Korea???????????

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This one is easy. Omar was utterly right. Abrams track record is sordid. He was involved in the Iran-Contra scandal and a key architect behind the illegal Iraq War, not the kind of man one can depend on to take the high moral ground. Ever. It makes sense Trump would find Abrams appealing. Nothing like keeping the swamp full of gators and snakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join