It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bell toll for the A380?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Sigh we are in huge trouble if people start winging check list items. We use them extensively for medical transport yet they do get ignored.

I created a series of checklists for what we refer to as ECMO (extra corporeal membrane oxygenation aka heart lung bypass) transport. I had to add a check the checklists for the team leaders cause they were not following up with other team members checklists and stuff was getting missed.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I have never flown on A340 of any type (just the realities of having a kid) but having cut my teeth on 707's, DC-8's, 747-100 and SP's etc I will always have a fondness for the 4 engine aesthetic but they simply do not reflect present economic conditions or the reality of engine reliability

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker
Well I hate to say it but you would be in a very small group of people. Most engineers despise that thing, if its not the asthmatic 300-400 series its the ridiculous fuel consumption on the 600. I believe a time will come when 4 engined VLA's will be needed again in about 15-20 years. The 777X in the -9 form is probably as practically large as you can go without a second deck, and that will mean 4 engines.

I wouldn't know about the technical side of a 340 I think it's just down to its size and looks that I love. Never flown on a four engined aircraft and with today's technology and development of larger aircraft I don't think I will either. Closest I been to 4 engines was a Tristar on the old British Caledonian airline and an airline called Air Ops
edit on 27-8-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
And as you know Zaph in aviation the truth is frequently different. I'll tell you straight up that someone is lying, there is basically no way in hell that aircraft just "fell off the jacks". I have jacked many an A-380 and I know that Emirates uses the same type of jack we do. The forward jack sits dead on the bilge centreline just back from the ground power access doors behind the nose gear. If the aircraft in question had slipped off a jack through some bad miracle (I dont see how its practically possible) it would have punched a massive hole through the belly of the aircraft and be visible, its not. I have positioned that jack myself and even though it is much smaller than the two main jacks that sit under the inboard wing sections, which are themselves massive, the nose gear jack on a 380 is very large and squat compared to just about anything else you would use on a regular aircraft. You literally cannot move it without a tug. I standby what I said, somebody f###ed up and retracted the gear without pinning it. Cant wait to see the report on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I figured it didn't fall, because the jacks would still be there, and there would probably be damage around the jack pads. It's all about saving face.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join