It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson...vile little thug.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I know this could be controversial but I don't think its about sticking up for him rather I think its about ideology. People tend to defend their ideological beliefs before the individuals. So it's not so much about defending TR but rather defending the alt-right (or far-right) ideology of which he is seen as a member of, they ideologically agree with him therefore will defend him. Take away they ideological agreements and would they then agree with him? For example if it where someone like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Al Gore or Jimmy Fallon on video saying that they "could score gear" and were Zionests looking for a "little paki" to drive them, then I am sure this would be a very different looking thread.

This is what happens when you can't see past your ideology, you defend the indefeasible, its like when Trump was recorded saying he could "grab em by the pu$$y", if someone who they ideologically opposed were caught saying that they would be screaming bloody murder!

So I think you're hitting the nail on the head when you say that some Americans might be sticking up for him over agenda and that agenda is the ideological agenda of the alt-right who basically now use ATS as forum. There are a vast number of members on this site who might not identify necessary as alt-right (some do, most don't) yet when you look at what they say and profess to believe ideologically they are almost identical to the alt-right movement. That is why they defend this scum-bag, because the ideologically sympathise with him, at least thats what I believe is going here.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Far as i can establish, it's simply about recognizing a complete and utter bastard when you see one.

The people of the U.K have no time for the likes of Robinson, having real problems to deal with, and bigger fish to fry.

Guys a waste of space if ever there was one.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude people defend TR because most American hold free speech for everyone even alt right or communist whatever as long as they don't cause violence
I think TR is healthy for debate in the UK and you all obviously get super worked up over him.

But you win we are all alt right white nationalist nazi scum who practice wrong think.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: oldcarpy
Just wondering. Bashing a guy who is bashing grooming gangs it's probably good that you don't.

Except that this particular complete bell-end nearly jeopardised the trial of a grooming gang due to his publicity seeking antics.

He is not bashed over here for "bashing grooming gangs" he is bashed because he is a nasty bit of work.

You Yanks seem to want to paint him as some kind of champion for free speech etc but your rose tinted glasses must need cleaning.

He pretty much is, since you know, you don't have free speech over there. Oh sure, you can stand on a street corner and profess your grievances, to an extent, but you can't say just anything without retribution from your government.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Mate if you piss off the authorities, TPTB and government, free speech or otherwise, there are a multitude of different measures and means they can and will use to come after you.

Free speech, just like freedom and security is illusory.

We can say whatever we wish about the scum that runs this nation, the truth is it depends on how many people listen/respond and/or complain as to what happens next.

As to Tommy through, he's not some champion of free speech, he's just an arse with an axe to grind. LoL

edit on 14-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's more a case that most of Tommy's funding comes from groups in the US now, US think-tanks and pressure groups are lobbying US politicians to try and defend hi/portray him as a legitimate 'supporter, activist and journalist' they're also issuing press releases for alt-right websites that try to portray him as a victim and defender of free speech when the reality was courts had intel EDL and NWI were colluding with one of the defendants, Delft, to cause a mistrial.

Communications showed Delft believed the victim B would be too scared to testify again in court so he would walk free and the EDL/NWI wanted it to go along believing the subsequent trial collapse would case a "race war". The only losers would be the victims.

But no, let's all cheer Tommy.

Edit: Defence team, not De(l)ft, shorthand is rusty.
edit on 14-2-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Free speech?

I can more or less express myself as I see fit, no different to you.

Some of my opinions may be viewed as extreme by some, others not so.

I'm pretty vocal and open about my thoughts and opinions.....never been pulled up, questioned or arrested etc for doing so.
How is my Right to Free Speech any different to yours?

You really should stop believing all the agenda driven bollocks force fed you about life here in the UK and start listening to first hand testaments from people of all political persuasions from across the length and breadth of the UK and then you may get a better perspective of the realities of life here in the UK....its really nothing like you are led to believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Since none of us have met the guy (and we cannot know someone from afar) I think that there is a difference in opinion between people that don’t know Robinson but will give him the benefit of the doubt, and those who think they know Robinson and have judged him accordingly.

But the fact remains: there was more scathing criticism, public investigation, ridiculing and demonization of Tommy Robinson than the very child abusers he was trying to expose.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Dude people defend TR because most American hold free speech for everyone even alt right or communist whatever as long as they don't cause violence.....

Absolute nonsense as is evidenced in every single left/right American thread here on ATS.
Anyone with even a slightly leftist leaning opinion is demonised as a damn, pinko commie bastard.
Remember McCarthy etc.

Your average leftist in the USA is nothing more than a Conservative with a bit of a social conscience by European and the rest of the worlds standards.

I think TR is healthy for debate in the UK and you all obviously get super worked up over him.

No, we get worked up over uninformed support for a knobhead.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - please get his name right - strikes a chord with some because he sometimes voices opinions that resonate with those of the most marginalised section of UK society....white, working class males.
But the relevant and salient points he makes are drowned out by the massive amount of #e he also spouts and his blatant self-promoting grandstanding, his bigotry, his lack of moral fibre and fortitude and at times outright lies.

But you win we are all alt right white nationalist nazi scum who practice wrong think.

That is one of the most stupid things I've seen written here on ATS.
It's got nothing to do with any of that and everything to so with him being an absolute twat and tosser whose primary concern is self-promotion and self-advancement.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Oh sure, you can stand on a street corner and profess your grievances, to an extent, but you can't say just anything without retribution from your government.

And you would know this how?

Because some agenda driven YouTube video told you?

Where do you get your evidence and proof for this?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

But the fact remains: there was more scathing criticism, public investigation, ridiculing and demonization of Tommy Robinson than the very child abusers he was trying to expose.

I don't know where you got the piece of nonsense from.

People were so angry with Stephen because they so much want these scumbag, grooming, peadophiles to be locked up for their heinous crimes but Yaxley-Lennon jeopardised their conviction by his self-promoting grandstanding.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"People were so angry with Stephen because they so much want these scumbag, grooming, peadophiles to be locked up for their heinous crimes but Yaxley-Lennon jeopardised their conviction by his self-promoting grandstanding."

I don't think that's quite true, in the sense of, people were angry at him long before that. It might be that his actions outside the court jeopardised a trial but it should also be pointed out that without him such trials might not have been taking place. Anyway I thought I'd post his response. More so for the American members...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Don't talk about the UK ignorant Americans but I'm gonna generalize all of the US at the same time.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Massively disagree mate. Trials were already taking place before TR got involved. In point of fact, in Rotherham both victims and authorities begged him NOT to get involved.

TR was good at claiming credit for ongoing investigations and trials. The reality is somewhat different.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
it should also be pointed out that without him such trials might not have been taking place.

Nah, Nafir Afzal, the CPS chief prosecutor for child grooming cases for North West England was the main reformist here - he pointed out the failures in councils, police and rising issue of Muslim/Asian grooming gangs in 2002 before EDL existed.

He reformed the way the media could cover such cases, as beforehand they were labelled child prostitutes by the media instead of victims of grooming gangs.

He issued reform on the way councils, social services and police dealt with such cases as prior to his reforms, police considered the girls to be complicit, willing and a 'general nuisance' rather than victim of crime, neglect and most vulnerable in society (hence why gangs groom them).

It was all done professionally, properly, with the main focus on getting justice for victims and ensuring defendants couldn't claim mistrial.

It's not well known though as it's all written in legalese and tens of thousands of pages long, which doesn't attract any attention compared to Tommy's illegal, misinformed at best or outright libellous, publicty stunts.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

All well and good although as you say "It's not well known", perhaps Robinson then was instrumental in bringing the subject out in the open, and being demonised in the process...although given his background it's no surprise that it would play out that way. I am no particular fan of his nor am I an enemy. I have no axe to grind either way.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't know where you got the piece of nonsense from.

People were so angry with Stephen because they so much want these scumbag, grooming, peadophiles to be locked up for their heinous crimes but Yaxley-Lennon jeopardised their conviction by his self-promoting grandstanding.

Name one of the child abusers. I doubt most of you guys would recognize who they even are. Who knows? You might even do business with them, shake their hand, without even knowing about it.

Yet you know so much about Robinson you cannot keep him out of your mouth.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Half of the nefarious swine pedo wean tampering bastards are running Westminster and/or hold positions in the house of lords if truth be told.

So yes we probably do indeed do business with them on a daily basis, don't know about shaking hands all the same, that muck don't exactly wash off easily.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Half of the nefarious swine pedo wean tampering bastards are running Westminster and/or hold positions in the house of lords if truth be told.

So yes we probably do indeed do business with them on a daily basis, don't know about shaking hands all the same, that muck don't exactly wash off easily.

I was speaking about the grooming gangs, specifically the ones everyone was angry at Robinson for trying to expose.
edit on 15-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join