It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks CEO: "It’s Time to Disrupt the Two-Party System"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Schultz: ‘It’s Time to Disrupt the Two-Party System’ — If I Run It Will Be a Three-Person Race in 50 States

Tuesday during a CNN town hall event broadcast, former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said he was considering running as an independent for President of the United States to “disrupt the two-party system.”

Schultz said, “I have a strong belief that it’s time to disrupt the two-party system, that it’s broken, that is based on revenge politics. And now people have asked me, how could you win? And I think this is a very important point.”

He continued, “In the last almost 30 years, every presidential election basically came down to eight to ten battleground states. But can you imagine a situation if I run for president, we will be on the ballot of every state, and then the majority of every state, almost 50 states, a couple of them will not be in play, but let’s say 45, for the first time in over 30 years, everyone’s vote will matter. If you’re a Democrat in a red state, your vote doesn’t matter, because it’s predetermined, and vice versa. But in a three-person race, in almost 50 states, for the first time in over 30 years, American people have a voice, and their vote really counts. ”

He added, “I’m here not saying I’m against the Democratic Party. I’m here saying I no longer recognize how far left they’ve gone. I just don’t see myself in the party. And I believe that the majority of Americans feel like I do, the far right and the far left does not represent them, and they’re looking for a home. I also think millions of Republicans, millions of Republicans who do not want to pull the lever for Donald Trump, if they have a better choice versus a far-left Democrat, will come my way.”

Could get interesting next year.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As keen as some Americans are to be trendy, something new..(not really) might stir a revival of a multiple party system. Sort of like why there are nine Supreme Court Justices. No stalemate, always a one part winning. And hopefully on merit.

Might be the best time to try for it with all the clown car candidates and the absurd running.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I hope he runs as an independent because it would kill the Democrats chances of a win, but doubt it will effect Trump nearly as much. We all know him as the Starbucks CEO that supports the SJW movement. He definitely won't be taking my vote for Trump away.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I don't see why a third party would disrupt anything, because it's the lobbyist's themselves that corrupt, wright the agendas, and manipulate whoever gets in.

Until we sever the ties to and for corrupt practices, than it will be the status quo.

edit on 13-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Nor mine.... but the idea partywise is a sound one, arriving late in the game with promise.

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Dunno.

I'd rather be more informed of his ideas and platform before voting.

Look at it this way... both Reagan and Trump were disenfranchised Democrats.

They both turned out just fine to me.

Besides, with an Independent as President both crappy parties have a chance at actually starting to represent their constituents, as opposed to block party-line voting.

May get interesting indeed...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I like his quip about "revenge politics".

That, in and of itself, is the prime reason for our deep divisions.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Dunno.

Besides, with an Independent as President both crappy parties have a chance at actually starting to represent their constituents, as opposed to block party-line voting.

I get that, but Trump has done an outstanding job in my opinion. I know we all voted for him for our own various reasons, but he has been right on the button the entire time for me so far. I definitely won't be switching my vote unless he proves me wrong. As for Shultz, I don't know the details yet but he's calling out the Dems on their radical ideas. So he has my respect for that. Do you have a link that gives details on his plans for the country?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Don't fall for it.

Starbucks joined the fight, asking the Supreme Court to overturn state marriage laws in Obergefell v. Hodges. They contribute to pro-abortion organizations, like Girls Inc., and match every employee donation to Planned Parenthood. They also support the "ultra-liberal" LGBTQ agenda, based on their Corporate Equality Index provided by the HRC, that are known to oppose religious freedom. Their logo is evil, and that is just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Meh...not sure about this cat. Starbucks used slave labor.....errrr prison labor to turn a profit...which means he is up for putting every peep he can into the prison system to propogate squrrilous profiteering.

I'd have to question his ethics on that. Peeps just wanna smoke ya know.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Iv noticed both lefties and righties bashing him.

So he might be on go something.

Although I thought this is basically why Trump got elected ?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Of course he claims to support liberal causes and be a liberal himself. Where has he made his fortune? Not in small country towns where people are smart enough to brew their own coffee at home but rather in highly populated urban centers where people are more rushed and would rather buy an expensive cuppa because it has a ''trendy'' name attached to it. Hence he has made his fortune from places where more liberals than conservatives frequent. Those are the people he will continue to ''sucker'' though this time not with just an over priced cuppa but rather an over inflated business man seeking a larger piece of the corporate driven government power system.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
USA = The United Starbucks of America!
edit on 13-2-2019 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I could argue for it and against it. Right now I'm leaning against. With the current US political climate it's almost as important to make the others look bad instead of doing good yourself. It's always been over the top from an outside perspective but as of lately its taking on draconic proportions.
Take this government shutdown for example, what an absolute international embrassment! It's unbelieveable that this is even possible in a modern democratic and wealthy country. And the absolute cherry on top is the fact that the only ones paying for it are the little guys! There should be a law that states that the next shutdown means new elections, because those at the top failed miserably, for whatever reason, at keeping the show on road. Pretty much their only task, and they couldn't handle it.

Same goes for the opposition, they should realize that they are only there not becaus they lost but for checks and balances. Not for their own benifit, but for the rest of the country. They have the same duty as the ruling party.
And when faced with multiple political parties this will completely gridlock the tasks of running a government somewhat efficient. You need to be able to work with others you might not agree with and reach a meaningfull compromise. Or nothing (good) will happen at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I find it hilarious he thinks it's time to disrupt the 2 party system. Didn't Trump already do that? If he is speaking the truth, would he really want the MSM treating him as they treat Trump? Would he be okay with being investigated every day by the shadow government like Trump? Is he willing to put his friends and family to the gun like he has seen happen to everyone associated with Trump?

The 2 party system has already been disrupted. This guy is a liar.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Dunno.

Schultz openly stated he supported confiscation of semi-automatic firearms while talking about how he "supports the 2nd" is a no-starter for most of us on the Right side. No way in hell I'd vote for someone who's positions will ultimately make me a murderer.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Get ready for your nation wide mandatory racial sensitivity training.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Schultz: ‘It’s Time to Disrupt the Two-Party System’ — If I Run It Will Be a Three-Person Race in 50 States

Tuesday during a CNN town hall event broadcast, former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said he was considering running as an independent for President of the United States to “disrupt the two-party system.”

Schultz said, “I have a strong belief that it’s time to disrupt the two-party system, that it’s broken, that is based on revenge politics. And now people have asked me, how could you win? And I think this is a very important point.”

He continued, “In the last almost 30 years, every presidential election basically came down to eight to ten battleground states. But can you imagine a situation if I run for president, we will be on the ballot of every state, and then the majority of every state, almost 50 states, a couple of them will not be in play, but let’s say 45, for the first time in over 30 years, everyone’s vote will matter. If you’re a Democrat in a red state, your vote doesn’t matter, because it’s predetermined, and vice versa. But in a three-person race, in almost 50 states, for the first time in over 30 years, American people have a voice, and their vote really counts. ”

He added, “I’m here not saying I’m against the Democratic Party. I’m here saying I no longer recognize how far left they’ve gone. I just don’t see myself in the party. And I believe that the majority of Americans feel like I do, the far right and the far left does not represent them, and they’re looking for a home. I also think millions of Republicans, millions of Republicans who do not want to pull the lever for Donald Trump, if they have a better choice versus a far-left Democrat, will come my way.”

Could get interesting next year.

Yeah, I started a thread on him a few weeks ago. The leftist are up in arms because he is calling them out for being batsh*t crazy... He'd likely take the left leaning moderates who realize the AOCs, Warrens, and the like don't know WTF they are talking about... resulting in a Trump win. Much how Perot resulted in Clinton winning.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
USA = The United Starbucks of America!
Will wonders never cease : Hidden in Plain Sight : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starbucks CEO: "It’s Time to Disrupt the Two-Party System .....oh, and then there's that too.... Two parties clearly is not working. This next election will be absurd. A circus.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Get ready for your nation wide mandatory racial sensitivity training.

Some races are far more sensitive than others... there, training completed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join