It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What To Ask An Alien?

page: 3
17
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Peeple

Omg....boring! I wanna know how that warp speed engine works....and if alien sex is better than human sex.


Of course it’s better, they have glibglorps with plumbus attachments.




posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I'm thinking a good question would be why our universe seems so perfectly fine tuned and if they know of the existence of other universes? Or what is if I would reach the edge of our universe what is outside, if there is one?


edit on 13-2-2019 by Peeple because: auto



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Assuming they speak English, and assuming I'd be capable of actually speaking (rathering than just staring in disbelief) I'd try my best to treat them the same way I'd treat any foreign visitor.

get to know them, ask about their culture, where they live, how they found/decided to come to/made it to Earth, etc.



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
I'd try my best to treat them the same way I'd treat any foreign visitor.

Selling them a "I flew a 1,000 light years to Earth and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple



Questions about the future are obviously stupid.


There are many questions you could ask, but very few they would answer. None of them would be considered stupid.

Although, they would likely already know what you would ask before you attempt to ask.

A conversation in any form would be useless and redundant. If they want you to know something you would be provided that information.

If I had a chance to say anything to them, it would be only two words. The only two words they would need to hear.

imo




posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Imagine you are in contact with an alien entity. You have established the parameters of communication. What would you ask?


If the parameters of communication was through their arrival with advanced technology... I'd ask them to leave us in peace and to forget they ever found this planet. Basically I'd beg for mercy, for them not to do what our own civilization did in the colonial era.

Perhaps their civilization is as advanced as their technology and they could truly enlighten us, but how would we KNOW their real intentions? "V" coming all too much to mind.



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i would ask them to telepathically download everything they know into my brain.



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: Maverick7
a reply to: Peeple

I would as for a copy of their DNA and a copy of their "Periodic Table", and a copy of their Elementary Particle table (quarks, gluons, mesons, protons and so forth).

I wouldn't bother asking them a 'social or political or historical' question. Strictly base science.

Sure I might not understand it right away but it would have to be internally consistent. I would probably compare it with some 'fringe science' websites to make sure it wasn't someone from Earth trying to hoax it.


But what would you expect to find from that? There would be different names for the elements but the structure would be the same as it is the only one possible. Would you ask anyways?
It would probably start to get interesting if they would include what's beyond quarks and how they really function?
And I guess I wouldn't have to understand the math just make sure I copy it precisely with a legend what their variables stand for...


Maybe you forgot your original question. Wasn't it about how to tell they were 'real aliens' and not humans? Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

I'd be looking for some kind of scientific evidence for an advanced civilization. If you meant something else it wasn't clear to me.



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Imagine you are in contact with an alien entity. You have established the parameters of communication. What would you ask?

Established parameter of communication would consist of dropping them and stealing their spaceship.



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Excellent theme. Here's my take on it, some years ago:


www.jamesoberg.com...



posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would ask them 'why the hell are you talking to me instead of someone with power in this world".

In other words "what do you want".


Humanity is deeply flawed. We are fractured, territorial, bigoted, greedy, manipulative, paranoid and highly aggressive. That is us dealing with each other. If they are willing to talk to us then they want something pretty bad to deal with our species. I imagine that if aliens are aware of us at this point then we are labeled as off limits they may have even quarantined us.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

That was exactly what I was looking for. And imagine the SETI thing didn't even occur to me!? But that would really be "establishing communication" they probably wouldn't give us the frequency they really use for communication, but maybe one on which they can broadcast their welcome message.
That's just perfect. Thanks


And "how to kill a tornado" is also excellent and easy to see if it works, plus friendly and helpful. I'll try to remember those two, just in case...
I couldn't come up with a single one just was thinking about the edge and the fine tunning of the universe something we couldn't verify so easy.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Peeple because: add



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Career goal: space pirate?



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Can you predict lottery numbers?


They are aliens not Genies in a bottle



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername


If I had a chance to say anything to them, it would be only two words. The only two words they would need to hear.

imo




"I got 2 words for ya.....


SUCK IT!!!"

Am I right?



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The left handedness is easy to answer, not? Electrons spin that way. One could say Earth's spin is left handed, we're just looking at it upside down.
That's really just a matter of perception left or right.
But I guess the basis for that question would be the spin of amino acids, and that's easy to explain with electron spin.

Jet stream and so on would be a mixture of magnetism and air pressure, in upper atmosphere that doesn't take an alien to answer either it would seem.



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Been there done that, so we don't have to speculate too much. I haven't asked these exact questions, but plenty like it. You'll get variation depending on who you ask, but let's put it this way - most beings that are around here are sufficiently more advanced than us in this form (we have higher selves that are advanced too but we are not connected to). They are more advanced both spiritually/psychically, genetically and technologically and in terms of awareness with very few exceptions. There's even AI / artificial life forms that make us look primitive and unaware. They understand what people call "mysteries" that I can predict pretty common answers between both ETs that are positive or negative towards humanity, at least when they are being truthful and not giving deceptive answers.

> But what piece of information would convince you you are in contact with an intelligence not human? What if it would look human, so you have to ask something to make sure it is not, what could that be?

You can never ask a question that can logically verify you aren't talking to another human telepathically or an astral projection of a human or what-not. You have to learn discernment. Sense the quality and vibration of the energy, and quality of the message. Try to trace the energy back to the source and scan that source to see the quality of the answer, and if there's deception. Always pass every answer through your discernment filter. Does it resonate with you? Don't put too much emphasis on identity, but you want to learn to feel the imprint of the energy and see if it has changed. Spirits can take any form or incarnate into any being they want, so in one life it may be an ET and another a human. You care more about what energies they carry at that time and the integrity of that energy.

> Or what piece of knowledge do humans need to build better societies?

The biggest thing humans need to is start getting in touch with their inner spiritual side and gain wisdom from that. Humans need to learn compassion, and more love, and how to successfully shut off the survival instinct that makes one feel they must stockpile resources for god knows what reason. However unlike the positive beings, a negative being or one acting negatively towards mankind may say all that is true, but then that we need more trials and suffering to grow. Even a positive being may say that sometimes, but usually they'll say it's time for us to heal. We've been through a lot since the descension aka "the fall", and we've learned a lot. It's time to cash in on that.

> What answer could bring our technological capabilities to new heights? Boost our understanding of the universe?

They will say that technology can be used for good or bad. They will recommend technologies that help us solve social issues that release us from survival mode and survival thinking, and avoid using them for negative purposes. E.g. a replicator can make food, or it can make weapons. "You choose". After that, they'll suggest we work on inter-dimensional technologies. Some may suggest the latter first out of concern that we misuse other technologies and want us to get a greater spiritual understanding and connection first.

> Or maybe it's for us to recommend an action plan how aliens should make contact with us that can under no circumstances be considered hostile? What would that look like?

Too late for that. There's both hostile and non-hostile ones around, and both types have made contact. However, if they go beyond naughty and get really nasty, they do get their butts kicked. Not just by other ETs per-se, but sometimes by our souls or by other indigenous Earth beings that you don't even know about, like inner-Earth dragons and wizards, elemental, gaia, blue-avians, reptilians and saurans, etc. We're well protected. Someday, hopefully we can take the mantle of that ourselves. Where it gets tricky is "free will" so sometimes they can't interfere, beyond ensuring our species is not completely wiped out. Luckily, when it comes to preventing other beings from interfering with us, they are allowed to intervene.

In fact, being exposed to negative beings may be a good learning experience for people, in small doses, once they are ready.

> Would you ask if they ever heard from or are in contact with a god? Or is that also stupid?

There answer would be (unless trying to deceive): There is only one universal consciousness, for which we are all part. Everything else are deities, or false gods, or beings "playing god" either for benevolent or selfish reasons, but they are no more God than we are. The one universal consciousness does not expect to be worshipped. In fact, it loves all, even atheists and agnostics (in fact, the fact there are atheists and agnostics is one of the most amazing things about this reality)
edit on 14-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwagon

That's mostly new age stuff. If what you claim is true answer any of Jim's questions just a little above.


For your convenience


edit on 14-2-2019 by Peeple because: add



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Dwagon

That's mostly new age stuff. If what you claim is true answer any of Jim's questions just a little above.


I'd just say prepare yourself for disappointment if you are looking for that kind of conversation with ETs.

Some of those questions have already been answered. E.g. there's no stable trans-uranic element but there are ones that are relatively stable. 115 is an example, and we haven't created the right isotopes yet. You already know which ones they are.

Pi is irrational, so that's impossible.

Others they couldn't care less about.

Finally, others have many potentials.



posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwagon

That's deflecting. Just admit you can't. First I don't believe for a second you have thought of any of those questions on your own. Second the one you did answer is simply the savest guess and I doubt you even know what 115 is standing for. And third 22,459,157,718,361 decimals say you're full of #...




top topics



 
17
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join