It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What To Ask An Alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Imagine you are in contact with an alien entity. You have established the parameters of communication. What would you ask?

Questions about the future are obviously stupid.
But what piece of information would convince you you are in contact with an intelligence not human? What if it would look human, so you have to ask something to make sure it is not, what could that be?

Or what piece of knowledge do humans need to build better societies?

What answer could bring our technological capabilities to new heights? Boost our understanding of the universe?

Or maybe it's for us to recommend an action plan how aliens should make contact with us that can under no circumstances be considered hostile? What would that look like?

Would you ask if they ever heard from or are in contact with a god? Or is that also stupid?

I just want to make sure I don't embarrass us as humans if I ever get abducted.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I would ask them do they create music, books, or movies. If yes, please share some of your culture with us. I would love to hear extraterrestrial music.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Can you predict lottery numbers?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I would as for a copy of their DNA and a copy of their "Periodic Table", and a copy of their Elementary Particle table (quarks, gluons, mesons, protons and so forth).

I wouldn't bother asking them a 'social or political or historical' question. Strictly base science.

Sure I might not understand it right away but it would have to be internally consistent. I would probably compare it with some 'fringe science' websites to make sure it wasn't someone from Earth trying to hoax it.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Would you ask if they ever heard from or are in contact with a god? Or is that also stupid?

Saw a show on Beyond Creepy about a rock band being abducted, and as they were saying good-bye to the aliens after their examination, one of the band members asked the aliens which was the correct religion on Earth. The aliens were taken aback by this at first, but after a little more prompting, they answered that none of the religions on Earth were right.

So you wouldn't be the first to ask them something like that.

Personally, I don't know what I'd ask. I doubt that there's really anything they could tell me that would help either myself or mankind a whole lot. I'd probably be more like:

Ted: Whoa!
Bill: How's it goin' weird alien dudes!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maverk7 Good reply.... I would ask who is their GOD.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I would ask them do they create music, books, or movies. If yes, please share some of your culture with us. I would love to hear extraterrestrial music.

I'm not sure if they are truly alien we could hear all the notes of their music? Or maybe it would be intolerable screeching?
But pieces of their cultural techniques, got it. Maybe they have artforms entirely new to us. Or programmed holograms instead of statues?
That would be interesting and if it's like our art it would also tell us something about their society and thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I'm not sure if they are truly alien we could hear all the notes of their music? Or maybe it would be intolerable screeching?

Like Yoko Ono!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Omg....boring! I wanna know how that warp speed engine works....and if alien sex is better than human sex.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Tell it or them to tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I personally would be very wary about aliens looking to communicate with humans. If they are true aliens, that means they came from far away with advanced technology and persumably advanced intelligence. They have every reason not to talk to capt. caveman. And if its an abduction I wouldn't count on any meaningfull conversation other than the basic Hello, don't worry and goodbye.

But, given the chance and assuming they're not giving tech secrets. (I so hope they never do that, or things like for explame the Lazar story trading a couple hundred pounds of element 115) I would ask about black matter and black energy, the beginning and the end of the universe, how fast they can travel around, where they've been. How risilience life in the universe is and the weirdest lifeforms they ever encountered. Should be a fun talk

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

I would as for a copy of their DNA and a copy of their "Periodic Table", and a copy of their Elementary Particle table (quarks, gluons, mesons, protons and so forth).

I wouldn't bother asking them a 'social or political or historical' question. Strictly base science.

Sure I might not understand it right away but it would have to be internally consistent. I would probably compare it with some 'fringe science' websites to make sure it wasn't someone from Earth trying to hoax it.

But what would you expect to find from that? There would be different names for the elements but the structure would be the same as it is the only one possible. Would you ask anyways?
It would probably start to get interesting if they would include what's beyond quarks and how they really function?
And I guess I wouldn't have to understand the math just make sure I copy it precisely with a legend what their variables stand for...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Where is your home planet ?
Do you know of others in this Galaxy ?
How old is your civilisation ?
How did you get here ?

Can I come with you ?
Other questions like "is 42 really the answer" would evolve as our journey through the Galaxy continues.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Space is huge, maybe they would be happy they're not lonely? And that's why they want to talk?
But from the black matter onwards those are really good question. I'd ask if I can have a copy of their encyclopedia on a big USB stick...or 30.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Tell it or them to tell the truth.

About what?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What To Ask An Alien?

Do they have any hot sisters?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I would ask them what the weather was like where they come from
Start small

Then I'd be like what do you fear

Leverage seeking information etc

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Arktur, Boötes. Everybody knows that

But seriously wouldn't that seem rude, if you immediately ask about their home? Bring a camera for your journey, right? That would be really helpful.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Why? Would you expect you need leverage?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

But seriously wouldn't that seem rude, if you immediately ask about their home?

As they've come to my home I think it right that I should ask about there's , if nothing else it shows interest in them , it's part of the buttering up process for me to hitch a lift.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join