It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Camera Man Attacked at Trump Rally UPDATED.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If Trump is responsible for physical attacks on media personnel then media personnel are responsible for attacks on teens wearing MAGA hats.

That axe swings both ways if that's the logic we are going to use.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
If Trump is responsible for physical attacks on media personnel then media personnel are responsible for attacks on teens wearing MAGA hats.

That axe swings both ways if that's the logic we are going to use.

Polls show that voters are coming to their senses. Though the media consistently blames Trump for the division, voters are starting to see that it is the media dividing the country.

morningconsult.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Could it be a liberal plant? Sure, of course it could. It could also be a Trump supporter. It's important to realize that it could be both. Some folks here on ATS (from both sides) refuse to do so. 

Dude, seriously, vat are you talking about??? I think pretty much every person here has acknowledged, directly or indirectly, by implication, that this could just be a Trump supporter.

I already went over this with OtherSideOfTheCoin... Go back and reread the posts, beginning with page one. The first person who mentioned the idea, merely asked a QUESTION... The next person said "this MAY be a plant". Another said we ought to wait for all the information to come in first.

Do you understand the meanings of words? Do you understand the difference between speculating and making an absolute statement like a Sith?

There is absolutely Nothing wrong with open speculation. You are pretending to be upset at people who "refuse" to accept that it could be either way...

But what it really looks like to me, personally, is that you are mad at the mere mention of the possibility that this could've been a plant.

Maybe even offended or hurt on a deep level.

Like it's almost as if you thought to yourself "Aha! We finally got a Trump supporter doing something wrong! On camera, At a rally, In a MAGA hat, we got em dead to rights this time!" and you were deeply offended at the prospect of someone taking away that small victory from you which you so desperately needed.

Just the mention of the mere POSSIBILITY that this may not be true was too much for you to handle...

Nobody is refusing to accept reality but you. Many of us have reiterated for clarity that, yes, it could have been a Trump supporter. I mean, DUH... who could be stupid enough to deny that? You are just applying undesirable traits to your perceived political opponents.

You Want to believe so badly that Trump supporters are that stupid... and that disconnect with reality is why you will continue to lose and be disappointed.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 3n19m470

Amazing how one man can magically control a those people and make them hate the media when all the media ever did was try to help

Not magic he's been bashing the media for the last 2 years it's hardwired into his fanbase now .... as often demonstrated on this site.
The media is the media , nothing has changed except this President has a thin skin and can't take criticism.

Bub, fake news in the mainstream has been hardwired into Republicans and Independents for over a decade. Trump just wasn't scared to call it what it is. We watched them bash Bush with fake stories and cover up negative stories about obama for 8 years and then go right back to bashing the Republican.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Can you really say that after Obama's love fest with the media?Trump before first day in office has been attacked

Of course I can , a smart politician plays the media they don't go to war with it.
Trumps first day in office came after 12 months of campaigning , he'd already made his enemies.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Krakatoa

HAHA!!!

Like I said above, just watch them try to pretend it's something else.

You realize that Krakatoa is telling you that you essentially indicted ATS over ONE person's offhanded, drive by, 3 word post?

And the rest were merely asking questions. And that's a bad thing to you? Asking questions? Or do you really indict all of ATS over one post?

EDIT- After going back and reading that one post, it seems the member BEGAN and ENDED the post with a "laughing" emoji. It's difficult to know exactly how serious they are being. I will still give you this One point on the scoreboard, compared to my dozen. I just won't consider it a particularly strong point. It might need an asterisk...

edit on 2/13/2019 by 3n19m470 because: 4b

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Could it be a liberal plant? Sure, of course it could. It could also be a Trump supporter. It's important to realize that it could be both. Some folks here on ATS (from both sides) refuse to do so. 

Dude, seriously, vat are you talking about??? I think pretty much every person here has acknowledged, directly or indirectly, by implication, that this could just be a Trump supporter.

I already went over this with OtherSideOfTheCoin... Go back and reread the posts, beginning with page one. The first person who mentioned the idea, merely asked a QUESTION... The next person said "this MAY be a plant". Another said we ought to wait for all the information to come in first.

Do you understand the meanings of words? Do you understand the difference between speculating and making an absolute statement like a Sith?

There is absolutely Nothing wrong with open speculation. You are pretending to be upset at people who "refuse" to accept that it could be either way...

But what it really looks like to me, personally, is that you are mad at the mere mention of the possibility that this could've been a plant.

Maybe even offended or hurt on a deep level.

Like it's almost as if you thought to yourself "Aha! We finally got a Trump supporter doing something wrong! On camera, At a rally, In a MAGA hat, we got em dead to rights this time!" and you were deeply offended at the prospect of someone taking away that small victory from you which you so desperately needed.

Just the mention of the mere POSSIBILITY that this may not be true was too much for you to handle...

Nobody is refusing to accept reality but you. Many of us have reiterated for clarity that, yes, it could have been a Trump supporter. I mean, DUH... who could be stupid enough to deny that? You are just applying undesirable traits to your perceived political opponents.

You Want to believe so badly that Trump supporters are that stupid... and that disconnect with reality is why you will continue to lose and be disappointed.

I responded to you on page 5, did you not see that?

First post of page 2, direct quote: "Obvious Democrat operative. DNC/MSM trick." So you are wrong, not everyone has. To quote you: "do you understand the meaning of words?"

That's "vat" I'm talking about. There are people on ATS that would rather believe that it was a plant than a Trump supporter.

Explain to me where you start to believe that I'm deeply hurt, or upset, about this situation. I'm not a Democrat, far from it. I'm also not a Republican, far from it. I hold no cards in this game, just calling it like I see it.

Where have I said that it was definitely not a Democrat plant? I specifically said it could be, in fact, you quoted me saying EXACTLY that.

What reality am I refusing to accept? I flat out said it could be a plant.

I truly don't understand your post to me, I think you may be mistaking me for someone else.
edit on 13-2-2019 by narrator because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

well if you all stopped planting people at each others rallies, there's be a,lot less aggro.

Right now the left liberal leaders are dictating that this is acceptable practice...by ANY MEANS...

Personally I think it is a non-issue with this guy who either is just a tool, or maybe was provoked. The chances that he is a plant I would think is small, but hey that is easily checked today.

Also, once again we are talking about a push that put someone off balanced...that is about the best you can describe a push that doesn't knock a person down and they may have taken one step. Geez...

edit on 13-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This page was last edited on 10 February 2019, at 06:58 (UTC).

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And that changes what ?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

a reply to: 3n19m470

You don't think a little critical thinking is called for in this situation?

That is exactly what I am calling for.

So why are you not saying the exact same thing to the members claiming that this guy was a plant by Trumps political opponents. A little critical thinking....hmmmmm....Seems to me that the ones lacking the critical thinking skills are the ones who are unable to think critically of their fellow trump supporters to the extend that they mark any of the "bad" Trump supporters as being plants of the democrats.

I mean if there was evidence that he was a plant then fair enough but there's not, zero evidence to support that view just the paranoid thoughts of a few Trump supporters on ATS.

Dude... Dont even.
Just...
Just, don't, please. Just, please don't. Not right now.

I went back and reread the whole 1st page because I actually trusted you (getting soft in my old age) and what did I find?

People asking questions. People saying "this MAY be..." People asking what if? People saying let's wait till we make sure we get the whole story.

Not once did I see anyone say "This is an obvious plant, end of discussion"

Sounds like everyone is willing to admit they dont know the facts... Except for you.

You read the first page. Did you only read that far on purpose? Because the first post on the second page literally says "Obvious democrat operative. DNC/MSM trick".

Its kind of crazy how strong confirmation bias is with some Trump supporters.

Honestly I guarantee you that the member will still deny that they were saying that the guy was a plant, just you watch...I bet he doesn't take back that comment.

I personally find it fascinating, it doesn't really annoy me when they do this, I find it interesting, love it when you show them a fact. Like a stone cold fact and they all pat each other on the backs as they deny it as fake news, spin it, or use some kind of whataboutism. Honestly its really interesting to watch.

Russian collusion.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Blaine91555

But does he have a TV License?

If not, i don't think a long holiday at Gitmo should be out the question.

After all its nice to be nice, especially where BBC sorts are concerned.

I'm afraid you lost me there? What does a TV License have to do with anything I said?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: iplay1up2

So one guy "shoved" or "pushed" some members of the media? OK, that one guy is a jerk. He's an adult so he's to blame for his actions and nobody else. The blame the whole group mentality only exists among unethical politicians and partisan fanatics. Rational ethical people blame the one guy.

What I don't get is this part.

I have seen plenty of videos, especially of white woman, attacking Blacks

You have? White women run around attacking Blacks? How odd.

That must be what sparked the start of the "knockout game" when blacks were only sucker punching white people, specifically women and elderly whites.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

So you will take it at face value when its a Liberal going bat-# crazy but when its one of your own you want to pretend it a fake.

I can understand being a little skeptical but there are members right now claiming that this guy was a plant there is zero evidence to support such a view.

Because it is CHARACTERISTIC of Leftists to, what was it Democrat Leader Maxine Waters said again? Push back, get in their faces, form a crowd, let them know they are not welcome, Anywhere!?

They go low, we kick em? Was that Corey Booker who said that?

Good point. I'd forgotten about Maxine pushing for violence. Something the media NEVER talks about. Only Fox talked about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So you will take it at face value when its a Liberal going bat-# crazy but when its one of your own you want to pretend it a fake.

I can understand being a little skeptical but there are members right now claiming that this guy was a plant there is zero evidence to support such a view.

Because it is CHARACTERISTIC of Leftists to, what was it Democrat Leader Maxine Waters said again? Push back, get in their faces, form a crowd, let them know they are not welcome, Anywhere!?

And to your post below this one: We DO condemn him, no matter What his true beliefs are he harmed the movement!

Qanon and Trump and the White House Press Releases have condemned violence.

I'll hand it to you that Trump, during his campaign made a statement that he would pay for lawyer fees for people getting into a skirmish at his rallies. That was probably not right but it's an innuendo, much different than the direct orders given by Democrats who basically said "hunt them down". Remember the crowd outside Tuckers home? Where are the examples of this on the right?

This is not characteristic of the right, and that is what makes a logical unbiased thinker, think twice about this event. Whereas with the left... well, it would be near impossible to pull off that many staged hysteria events... so therefore it is easier for a logical unbiased thinker to accept. Of course, in all situations there could be missing information that we did not have at first, but we can't help but lean one way or the other at least a little, based on our past experiences and data pool we have to work with.

My past experiences and accumulated knowledge tells me this is right up their (the BBC, or some other Leftist) alley to stage something like this.

My past experience tells me that any Trump supporter would know this would only hurt Trump. There is a chance he may not be mentally stable, but since most people Are mentally stable... I have to wonder why he would do something like this. To intentionally hurt Trump and his support base comes to mind as one obvious option.

I guess there is a possibility that he really thought Trump was telling him to do this... But he would have to be a mentally unwell person. We can't always watch our words just because some mental case might take our words in a way we did not intend.

You could silence anyone with that threat. "Oh, so you're saying guns are bad and gun owners are insensitive to the deaths of children? Oh ok, I guess that means you're telling people to target gun owners with all manner of harassment and violence until they give in. It's only matter of time before some poor whacked out person hurts somebody because of these irresponsible declarations."

"Oh, you're saying soda is bad for you and everywhere that sella soda doesnt care if we live or die or contract diabetes? Oh, ok, I guess that means..."

So it's a little rediculous to say the media can attack Trump day in day out for 3 years, celebrities showing bloodied Trump heads held up triumphantly with a psychotic expression and making fun of his penis and everything else under the sun, but...hes inciting violence by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people.

Do you forget how the media collaborated with the CIA to get us into Iraq 1 and 2 just for starters??

www.splcenter.org...

2/3 of US terrorism is carried out by "right wing extremists".

Dude that's so old and lame.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

And to your post below this one: We DO condemn him, no matter What his true beliefs are he harmed the movement!

I'll hand it to you that Trump, during his campaign made a statement that he would pay for lawyer fees for people getting into a skirmish at his rallies. That was probably not right but it's an innuendo, much different than the direct orders given by Democrats who basically said "hunt them down". Remember the crowd outside Tuckers home? Where are the examples of this on the right?

This is not characteristic of the right, and that is what makes a logical unbiased thinker, think twice about this event. Whereas with the left... well, it would be near impossible to pull off that many staged hysteria events... so therefore it is easier for a logical unbiased thinker to accept. Of course, in all situations there could be missing information that we did not have at first, but we can't help but lean one way or the other at least a little, based on our past experiences and data pool we have to work with.

My past experiences and accumulated knowledge tells me this is right up their (the BBC, or some other Leftist) alley to stage something like this.

My past experience tells me that any Trump supporter would know this would only hurt Trump. There is a chance he may not be mentally stable, but since most people Are mentally stable... I have to wonder why he would do something like this. To intentionally hurt Trump and his support base comes to mind as one obvious option.

I guess there is a possibility that he really thought Trump was telling him to do this... But he would have to be a mentally unwell person. We can't always watch our words just because some mental case might take our words in a way we did not intend.

You could silence anyone with that threat. "Oh, so you're saying guns are bad and gun owners are insensitive to the deaths of children? Oh ok, I guess that means you're telling people to target gun owners with all manner of harassment and violence until they give in. It's only matter of time before some poor whacked out person hurts somebody because of these irresponsible declarations."

"Oh, you're saying soda is bad for you and everywhere that sella soda doesnt care if we live or die or contract diabetes? Oh, ok, I guess that means..."

So it's a little rediculous to say the media can attack Trump day in day out for 3 years, celebrities showing bloodied Trump heads held up triumphantly with a psychotic expression and making fun of his penis and everything else under the sun, but...hes inciting violence by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people.

Do you forget how the media collaborated with the CIA to get us into Iraq 1 and 2 just for starters??

www.splcenter.org...

My point was to show that saying something is "characteristic" of an entire group of people is faulty at best.

Yet, in the post right above the one you addressed to me, you are agreeing that it's ok to characterize an entire group of people.

Why is it ok to characterize all democrats, but when I use the same tactic on conservatives it's "lame"?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

www.splcenter.org...

My point was to show that saying something is "characteristic" of an entire group of people is faulty at best.

Yet, in the post right above the one you addressed to me, you are agreeing that it's ok to characterize an entire group of people.

Why is it ok to characterize all democrats, but when I use the same tactic on conservatives it's "lame"?

Did someone say "all democrats"? This seems to be a common theme for people who hate generalizing: they pretend a generalization means the entirety of the group. That's wrong on many fronts.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You might want to read behind the headline.
This database is compiled from news articles crawled online.
If the media characterise something as right wing, but hide details about left wing or radical islam attacks then the source is completely compromised.

In other words, fake news spin and hiding details that are not politically expedient directly to the news outlet reporting it affect this so called authority on terrorist attacks. i.e. it's complete horse#. Makes for a nice politically useful headline , though.... grabbed eagerly by those that don't need any convincing.

So, it's factually incorrect? Care to direct me to a link to demonstrate that please?

ETA: I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to see/learn about evidence to the contrary, if there is.

The links to their site are in the article YOU posted and goes into detail about their methodology. That's what I mean about reading headlines... you didn't even research your own article. Ask yourself how they categorised the Orlando Nightclub shooting. Right wing? After all he hated gays, right?

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You might want to read behind the headline.
This database is compiled from news articles crawled online.
If the media characterise something as right wing, but hide details about left wing or radical islam attacks then the source is completely compromised.

In other words, fake news spin and hiding details that are not politically expedient directly to the news outlet reporting it affect this so called authority on terrorist attacks. i.e. it's complete horse#. Makes for a nice politically useful headline , though.... grabbed eagerly by those that don't need any convincing.

I was thinking the same thing. Right wing extremist attacks are Tim McVey, Dylan Roof, and the Charlottesville driver. Somehow those are equal to 2/3rds even though we've had the Orlando night club attack by isis people, San Bernadino attacks claimed by isis, shooting Republicans at baseball practice, multiple church shootings, etc.

These people must have taken the same math courses the poll analysts took.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

well if you all stopped planting people at each others rallies, there's be a,lot less aggro.

Right now the left liberal leaders are dictating that this is acceptable practice...by ANY MEANS...

Personally I think it is a non-issue with this guy who either is just a tool, or maybe was provoked. The chances that he is a plant I would think is small, but hey that is easily checked today.

Also, once again we are talking about a push that put someone off balanced...that is about the best you can describe a push that doesn't knock a person down and they may have taken one step. Geez...

My only point about saying it could quite possibly be a plant was that it wasn't above the opposition to stage these sorts of things for publicity. On these grounds alone we should wait to know more about the perpetrator of the alleged assault. But the media and CNN pundits have already started using this as political currency, just like they did with Covington boys.
edit on 13-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join